PDA

View Full Version : TT against a calling station

Che
09-08-2004, 02:43 AM
Full Tilt $200 NL, Blinds $1/$2

Read on villain: The only raises I have seen villain make in 20 minutes are PF minraises with hands like AT and KJ. Bets out on flop occasionally, but not as much as normal. Extremely passive.

Villain limps UTG+1. Folded to me in the CO. I have TT and make it $9. Folded back to villain who calls.

(~$20) Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif

Check. I bet $15. Call.

(~$49) Turn: A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Check. I bet $30 since the A may scare him if he has a K, and it forces the flush draw to pay. I probably would have checked behind on just about any other card. He calls.

(~$107) River: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

He bets out $25. I only need to win this 1 in 5 to be profitable, but I can't think of a hand I'm beating so I fold.

Comments on all streets appreciated.

Che

SlyAK
09-08-2004, 04:04 AM
Che,

Sometimes I limp with TT, but with only one opponent in the raise seems about right.

Call me weak-tight, but I'm done with this after he calls the flop bet. I would bet the flop just like you did. I would check behind on the turn, and then maybe call a very small river bet. I hate situations like these, and if this opponent seems to be a calling station I want to keep the pot small.

As the hand played out dont call the river here, you wont be good often enough to make the call.

Sly

kayaker
09-08-2004, 11:04 AM
The bet on the Turn is the worst thing to do. You have acknowledged he is a calling station, so why did you think he would muck it there? You've played it strong the whole way, and he still called on the flop with what is likely to be a K. Your flop bet indicated you could have AK, but he called it anyway. I don't think anything short of 2x the pot will push him off it there.

The fold was necessary, as the only hands he would be likely to call you with PF and keep on calling with are all good enough to beat you in the end with KK, AA, or the straight/flush. (Or possibly pocket QQ/JJ, but less likely.)