PDA

View Full Version : ATs backed into flush

jdl22
09-08-2004, 02:38 AM
Hit the runner runner flush but how did I do on the other streets? The villain often folded on the flop but if he saw the turn he saw the river sometimes with no pair.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.75 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7.75 BB, between Hero and UTG.[

/color]

Scotch78
09-08-2004, 04:21 AM
Everything looks standard. Pre-flop raise might be wrong in some situations, with emphasis on 'might' and 'some'.

Scott

imitation
09-08-2004, 04:52 AM
I can't think of a time when I wouldn't raise this PF, the rest looks standard for agro me.

jdl22
09-08-2004, 05:52 AM
What would you guys reccomend if the 5 was a club on the turn, keep hammering away?

TJD
09-08-2004, 06:03 AM
Depends on the player.

If they are agg and tricky I check/pay off on the river (unless I hit /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

If they always call the flop but then fold the turn if unimproved, I bet

If they only ever call the flop if the have a bit of it and will then stay till hell freezes over, I check

If I know NOTHING about them, I consult my horoscope, spin a coin, check tealeaves and then... Oh to hell with it , BET! (They can't fold if I don't bet)

Reasonable?

trevor

imitation
09-08-2004, 06:19 AM
If the turn is a club I bet this against an unkown, specially at stars 2/4 where no one gives up on the flop to a PFR, but will often let go of the turn. If they call the turn you can check through the river obviously.

jdl22
09-08-2004, 06:23 AM
Somehow, yes it does.

In this case the guy either hit part of the board or had a high card or two and was hoping to hit on the river. I don't recall him ever calling the flop and folding the turn. There are several Stars players that routinely do this but not him.

In this case he had K2 so he flopped a pair of dueces. He was going to see a showdown with that kind of powerhouse.

jdl22
09-08-2004, 06:40 AM
The only risk I could see to that would be that I would be committed to call another bet on the river should a blank come and he bet out. Because this guy was passive it probably wouldn't be a problem.

Thinking about this more I like betting the turn on a blank if the player isn't tricky. If I check the turn even straight forward players are likely to bet the river with a marginal holding or on a bluff. I'll have to pay this off anyway. If I bet on the turn he will almost certainly check the river so I will pay the same. In the event that I'm ahead and he's drawing (say he has a weaker ace or KQ) I'm getting even money on my bet with a significant edge.

ALL1N
09-08-2004, 06:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He was going to see a showdown with that kind of powerhouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

As he should given your preflop raise and board.