PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Pills

ThePopinjay
09-08-2004, 02:30 AM
Thinking about gettin some Benadryl to help me sleep. Anyone use pills to help them sleep or have thoughts on it?

scotnt73
09-08-2004, 09:00 AM
i do it every now and then when i get the "jimmy legs". my wife is a nurse so our medicine cabinet is a small pharmacy. i always pay the price the next morning with a hangover because the sleeping pills she has is WAY to strong for me. they sometimes give me amnesia to. ill have a conversation right before i goto sleep with her after taking them and not remember it at all the next day.

so i dont take them unless i just cannot sleep at all.

stationcalling
09-08-2004, 09:05 AM
a better, more natural option might be to go to your local pharmacy and get some over-the-counter Melatonin

Glenn
09-08-2004, 10:35 AM
Melatonin ROCKS! Well, for a while...eventually the ultra-vivid can't tell if you're awake or asleep dreams got a little annoying.

ThaSaltCracka
09-08-2004, 10:50 AM
try tylenol PM. You'll be a little groggy, but their non-habit forming(atleast for me) and they work pretty well. I wouldn't recommend Benadryl; you'll be dead tired and super groggy the next day.

Oski
09-08-2004, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i do it every now and then when i get the "jimmy legs". my wife is a nurse so our medicine cabinet is a small pharmacy. i always pay the price the next morning with a hangover because the sleeping pills she has is WAY to strong for me. they sometimes give me amnesia to. ill have a conversation right before i goto sleep with her after taking them and not remember it at all the next day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tie your legs together right above the ankle. It works even better if you put your feet in a pillow case first.

scotnt73
09-08-2004, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tie your legs together right above the ankle. It works even better if you put your feet in a pillow case first.

[/ QUOTE ]

let me rephrase because its not actually jimmy legs its more resless legs. they feel achy mostly in the calves like they need to be stretched constantly. drives me insane.

i also have problems sleeping when i have a really long online session and then try to go right to sleep because its late. when i close my eyes the screen image is burned into my head and i have to open my eyes because i get dizzy when i close them. my brain thinks its still playing and continues playing poker hands on its own. i find that if i read for a few minutes after i get off the pc i dont have these last 2 problems anymore.

Oski
09-08-2004, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i also have problems sleeping when i have a really long online session and then try to go right to sleep because its late. when i close my eyes the screen image is burned into my head and i have to open my eyes because i get dizzy when i close them. my brain thinks its still playing and continues playing poker hands on its own. i find that if i read for a few minutes after i get off the pc i dont have these last 2 problems anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. I have a solution for that too:

Put your head in a pillow case and tie a rope around your neck.

scotnt73
09-08-2004, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. I have a solution for that too:

Put your head in a pillow case and tie a rope around your neck.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao! thanks.