PDA

View Full Version : being a wuss ?

stripsqueez
09-08-2004, 01:41 AM
10/20 6 max - cutoff posts a blind and i get As8s in UTG+1

chook UTG limps and i raise - everyone but the SB decides they have a good hand and calls

flop is 9 5 4 spadeless rainbow and its checked through

turn is a 2 - BB bets out and i fold

way too pushy pre-flop ? - a bit too wussy post flop ? - or all good ?

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Diplomatdcm
09-08-2004, 02:00 AM
PF looks fine, I would rather have A8s here than AJo because you are quite likely to get a multiway, or sudo multiway pot, here.
I would bet the flop. But basically all good

Joe826
09-08-2004, 02:18 AM
hey strip,

I think the raise PF is standard. I'm torn as far as betting flops like these, if all these players are cold-calling preflop there is little chance they are folding on the flop for one bet. I personally think either line is roughly fine. I'd be tempted to bet this flop and hope to knock some players out in a relatively big pot, but I think this commits you to a turn call as well given your wheel draw. So what i'm trying to say is, i'm not sure.

TJD
09-08-2004, 05:26 AM
Preflop - you were at the table and for me "it depends".

I would only raise in this situation if I thought it was very likely I would get it HU with the chook. I think A8 out of position with 2/3 opponents on a non flush helpful flop is ugh!

Once we get 4 others in I am (fairly) happy as well /images/graemlins/smile.gif -till the flop.

Yup - give up. No chance of winning it with a bet and you have sweet FA.

trevor

Peter_rus
09-08-2004, 08:32 AM
Very good played on all streets.

fnord_too
09-08-2004, 09:21 AM
If I play the hand I play it the same way. I muck this pre flop a lot though. (I think I probably need to take a close look at my recent PT stats, since I think I have been playing a little too tight pre flop lately.)

stripsqueez
09-08-2004, 10:35 AM
A8s is a routine muck for me in this spot without the poster - checking the flop after a pre-flop raise isnt common either hence the post

the issue for me is whether the knowledge i had a slightly below par hand for my pre-flop raise caused me to check the flop - you might think that its logical to check the flop because i have a slightly sub par hand but i think that is largely wrong

someone called the BB's bet and the river was an A - the BB took it down because he had a better kicker with his Q

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Zele
09-08-2004, 10:36 AM
You all good.

Grisgra
09-08-2004, 10:58 AM
I'd play it pf the same way, and postflop I probably bet about half the time. Bet it every time, and it's just too damn predictable -- might as well slow down occasionally when there's so many other players.