PDA

View Full Version : Flopped a draw in the Big Blind

DMBFan23
09-08-2004, 01:28 AM
so how did I play this one?

Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls.

River: (16.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20.50 BB, between MP2 and Hero.</font>

Yerma
09-08-2004, 01:48 AM
I like the way you played this.

DMBFan23
09-08-2004, 02:00 AM
obviously the main points of debate in the hand would be the flop call (vs. raise) and the river line of bet, call a raise.

Gatts
09-08-2004, 02:11 AM
Did you ever think of call/3-betting the flop? You've got a strong draw and I'd get the money in. Nothing wrong with check-calling the turn if it's a blank.

DMBFan23
09-08-2004, 10:11 AM
no, didnt think about it, I did have them all trapped...

how bout the river?

crockett
09-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Interesting Hand.

Flop:
I think I would raise the flop. My reasoning is if J falls your in a horrible situation to anyone holding KQ but if that person is behind you then you force them to call two cold. I think I would try to protect my draw here instead of hoping people try to come along.

Taking your line, I wouldn't 3-bet. I would close the action like you did. Your still just on a draw to str8 that isn't the nuts and MP2 would probably cap if he has a set. Sure you've got a lot of outs but so does a set.

Turn: I like this.

River: Hmmm...I'd do the same but only because I'm a slow thinker. Looking at the hand now in hindsight I am very tempted to raise? Would someone really push a flush draw that hard? Would someone really push KQ that hard? If the answer to both those question is "No, most of the time not" Then I think I raise the river because I believe my hand to be good.

Comments?

DMBFan23
09-08-2004, 01:16 PM
wow, honestly a gutshot KQ didnt even factor into my thinking on the flop...whoops. I was thinking clubs or the monsters under the bed J8 were the main holdings I had to worry about. I thought I had the open ender not to the nuts, a weak backdoor flush, and a near-worthless overcard. this made me clam up on the flop, when perhaps I could have folded QK, in addition to getting value.

on the turn, when I make my straight, I was 3 betting praying, just praying, that the board didnt pair on the river, and that no club came.

on the river, I was glad button folded, I thought clubs might be possible from him. when I got raised I dejectedly typed "I had you on the turn" as I hit call

ThunderAces
09-08-2004, 01:19 PM
I agree with the river, which I believe to be the most interesting part of the hand. I like the three bet.
Having the 8 clubs is the key to the three bet.
It makes his poss hands to beat you here much slimmer.
Q8 clubs, 86 clubs A8 clubs very poosible hands someone could play this way.
Other hands he could make a flush on the river are none unless the guy is a maniac.
If I didn't have the queen I would just call.
Then again if I didn't have the queen I would of folded on the flop.
Another reason to 3 bet would be if u gave mp2 any image that would make him believe his str8 is golden(I dought that though I read your posts).
My gut from the post though is that he showed you some lousy flush, I see it so often.

DMBFan23
09-08-2004, 01:38 PM
hehe...he showed J3o for the rivered top pair no kicker.

wow I love low limit poker. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I agree post-facto that he probably wouldn't play a flush draw this way. making these kind of reads on the spot is definitely an area I need to work on.

ThunderAces
09-08-2004, 02:22 PM
hehe.......he played his gutshot like this, I'm sure the flush would've been very similar, him having a bigger smile than you /images/graemlins/smile.gif