PDA

View Full Version : AKo UTG....getting too LAG again

MicroBob
09-08-2004, 12:33 AM
I've run into some real maniacs on this table. But I thought both of them had left (busted out). Table was generally playing pretty goofy as best I noticed (typical lack of any decent reads while multi-tabling).

Thoughts appreciated -

3/6 online (not compatible with converter, i double-checked it and hope I didn't screw up any of it):

8 players -
Hero has A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif UTG

Hero raises, UTG+1 calls, 4 folds, SB calls, BB calls

Flop (4 players, 7.6SB)
K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls, SB calls, BB RAISES, Hero Re-raises, UTG+1 calls, SB calls, BB caps, everyone calls

Turn (4 players, 11.5BB)
5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, everyone calls

River (4 players, 15.5BB)

J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, BB raises, Hero calls, UTG+1 re-raises, SB caps, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls

Final pot = 31.5BB

Specifically, it almost crossed my mind to fold to 2 bets on the river considering that I am only battling for a split-pot, But I think the pot was too big for this.

I didn't really like my 3-bet on the flop after the C/R.

And I have no idea whether to bet at it again after he caps the flop and then checks the turn.
By this time, my only REAL outs are pot-splitters, anything else and I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Brian
09-08-2004, 12:38 AM
Hi Bob,

I think that this is a good spot on the Flop to just flat call BB's check-raise and what to see what the Turn card brings. The board is very co-ordinated and theres a good chance that you may already be beat, as the BB probably has something decent to be check-raising the whole field. Even if you are not beaten, many cards could come on the Turn that would leave you reeling. So, I'd wait and see if a brick fell off on the Turn, and then make the rest of the field face 2 bets cold if I want to.

-Brian

MicroBob
09-08-2004, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that this is a good spot on the Flop to just flat call BB's check-raise and what to see what the Turn card brings.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I was thinking AFTER i had just re-raised him.

Whoopsee!!!!

MicroBob
09-08-2004, 12:42 AM
Oh.....
And "Hello" fellow Memphian.

Brian
09-08-2004, 01:42 AM
Hi Bob,

Yeah, I know you're from Memphis. You don't remember chatting via PM a few times? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

-Brian

MicroBob
09-08-2004, 01:46 AM
Sorry...had forgotten.

Checked my old PM's and found the one that I received from you on 12/7/03.
I'm old so you'll have to pardon me for not remembering.

MicroBob
09-08-2004, 01:54 AM
SB - Ks9d
BB - Qh9c
Hero - AcKh
UTG+1 - Ad6h

15.75BB for Me!!!

Gatts
09-08-2004, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SB - Ks9d
BB - Qh9c
Hero - AcKh
UTG+1 - Ad6h

15.75BB for Me!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of those hands where you call just so you can live with yourself if you do win.

MicroBob
09-08-2004, 03:20 AM
Yeah. I was looking over the situation when I had to put ANOTHER 2BB in cold to finish the betting and I thought "well, guess I'm betting $12 here to try to hope I win 1/3 or maybe even 1/4 of the pot"

I thought for sure someone had to have spades.