PDA

View Full Version : Good, Bad, Ugly?

Diplomatdcm
09-08-2004, 12:24 AM
Party 15-30 4 handed, full table not a 6 max,
I am UTG with A4o I autofold, good, bad?

Nate tha' Great
09-08-2004, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party 15-30 4 handed, full table not a 6 max,
I am UTG with A4o I autofold, good, bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Autofold, yeah, I think so.

The only exception is if you are up against opponents who play too weak-tight for a 4-handed game. That is slightly more probable at a shorthanded full table than at a 6-max, but still not very likely.

Diplomatdcm
09-08-2004, 01:09 AM
What Min A would you raise, I think it would have to be A8o and the least, the shorthanded, rather than 6 max players, tend to see the river with any pair or A high a lot more.

Nate tha' Great
09-08-2004, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What Min A would you raise, I think it would have to be A8o and the least, the shorthanded, rather than 6 max players, tend to see the river with any pair or A high a lot more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, A8o or maybe A7o if I feel like the conditions are right. But I've folded A9o in this spot plenty of times when I feel like the conditions are wrong. The middling offsuit aces leave a lot to be desired in terms of postflop playability.

Diplomatdcm
09-08-2004, 01:21 AM
yeah in this type of game I have taken to raising JTs and floding A8o, A9o, etc. because of postflop playeablity..good bad?

Nate tha' Great
09-08-2004, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah in this type of game I have taken to raising JTs and floding A8o, A9o, etc. because of postflop playeablity..good bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's highly consistent with my philosophy but I'm sure that others will disagree.

stripsqueez
09-08-2004, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That's highly consistent with my philosophy but I'm sure that others will disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

not me

i almost never find the spot to open raise A8o from the cutoff - A9o is raised more than its folded from the same spot - J10s is a fine heads up hand and gets a run first in from UTG+1 playing 6 max most of the time

stripsqueez - chickenhawk