PDA

View Full Version : A Table That Never Folds?

Malificent
09-07-2004, 11:09 PM
This question was made possible by the good folks at Bodog Poker, where it just *seems* like they never fold.

Let's say you're sitting at a theoretical table where noone ever folds. Ever. They'll call any raise or reraise. How does this affect your strategy, both preflop and postflop?

My quick thoughts are that pocket pairs of all sorts are dramatically more valuable because the incredible implied odds you're getting.

Not sure what strategies you'd have to dump. Protecting your outs I guess. Check raising would be good still, assuming the theoretical table will still bet their own hands, at least for putting more money in the pot.

Since I suck, I would love to hear good player's comments. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Richard Berg
09-07-2004, 11:19 PM
It depends entirely on how aggressive they are. For example, if they will never bet or raise, it's very simple: you check when your all-in winning percentage (pokenum-style) is less than 1/#players and bet when it's more. If they will cap every street, it's completely different.

Malificent
09-07-2004, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It depends entirely on how aggressive they are. For example, if they will never bet or raise, it's very simple: you check when your all-in winning percentage (pokenum-style) is less than 1/#players and bet when it's more. If they will cap every street, it's completely different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's assume that they will bet or raise as normal players might (with good hands, etc) - they will just never fold any hand.

L0QTiS
09-08-2004, 10:48 PM
Kinda sounds like the bay area's no foldem holdem games at Bay 101 and Garden City

Your drawing hands will go way up in value. Pocket pairs down, but you can still win a ton if you spike a set so they are usually worth a call or raise, but they seldom stand up without help.

Suited connectors, Suited Ace, Select suited broadway, high unsuited connectors down to 9T depending on positions (See SSH Loose games hand selection table)

sabre170
09-09-2004, 10:50 AM
Am I not allowed to fold?

Malificent
09-09-2004, 01:10 PM
No, our Hero is the only one playing "normal" poker here. Hero can bet, raise, check, or fold like they would normally.

sfer
09-09-2004, 02:12 PM
It will play like Play Money tables. You will profit over the long term just by folding hopeless hands.