WC64
09-07-2004, 10:36 PM
Has to be one of the most annoying players

jwvdcw
09-07-2004, 10:38 PM
agreed.

-Syk-
09-07-2004, 10:38 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! He is also very ugly. Not that I really care about players looks, but it looks like he has an acorn lodged on the left of his nose.

Stew
09-07-2004, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has to be one of the most annoying players

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't seriuosly mean this, but it's funny I just said to my wife that either he or I need to be shot to be put out of their misery.

DCIAce
09-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Agreed. Anderson is ten times more annoying than Hellmuth.

So you're excited.. pump your fist or something, don't start running around screaming "DAAAAAH"... christ.

WC64
09-07-2004, 11:01 PM
I wanted to add someone please shoot him but thought that might have taken it a little far lol, but maybe not.

WillMagic
09-07-2004, 11:11 PM
He's just excitable. He's not taunting anyone, unlike Matusow or Arieh. He's just really, really, mindblowingly happy. Could he be more classy? Sure. But on the grand scale of things, his screaming isn't all that bad.

Will

Stew
09-07-2004, 11:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's just excitable. He's not taunting anyone, unlike Matusow or Arieh. He's just really, really, mindblowingly happy. Could he be more classy? Sure. But on the grand scale of things, his screaming isn't all that bad.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than the fact that it's more grating than nails on a chalkboard, you're right.

WillMagic
09-07-2004, 11:33 PM
Au contraire, I think it's hilarious...but different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Will

27offsuit
09-07-2004, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Agreed. Anderson is ten times more annoying than Hellmuth.

So you're excited.. pump your fist or something, don't start running around screaming "DAAAAAH"... christ.

[/ QUOTE ]

.....don't forget the part where he goes over 30 seconds later and seeks out the hand of the guy he just knocked out.

F him. Talk about no respect.

BeerMoney
09-07-2004, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like Magnus Ver Magnusson is attempting to lift a Volkswagon across a football field.

CrisBrown
09-08-2004, 01:18 AM
Hi WC64,

What annoyed me the most was his comment about "Some people might not like it, but that's just the way I am," as if narcissism is a justification for boorish behavior.

I remember something Jimmy Johnson told the University of Miami (FL) Hurricanes back in the late 80s, when a couple of them made some excessive end zone celebrations: "Don't act like a jerk in the end zone. Act like you've been there before."

I could say the same for Mattias Anderson: "Act like you've won a pot before."

Cris

Sponger15SB
09-08-2004, 01:39 AM
would you get a penalty for getting up and screaming "SHUT THE [censored] UP!!!!!!" as loud as you possibly could after he did he stupid little yell?

lolita16
09-08-2004, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I remember something Jimmy Johnson told the University of Miami (FL) Hurricanes back in the late 80s, when a couple of them made some excessive end zone celebrations: "Don't act like a jerk in the end zone. Act like you've been there before."

Cris

[/ QUOTE ]

Cris,
I knew there was a reason, beyond your insightful posts, that I liked you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am also a huge fan of "How bout dem Cowboys!"

Trainwreck
09-08-2004, 04:16 AM
I think compared to Josh A. he's a class act, now.

I agree on the 'act like you won a pot before'... well said!

>Trainwreck<

JiWe
09-08-2004, 05:03 AM
A little corection he isn't screaming DAAAAAAA!!! he is screaming Jaaaaaaa! very important /images/graemlins/wink.gif It is swedish for YESSSSSSS but you probly figured that out already.

and yes he is a little anoying. but he is a swede so I have to cheer for him /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

maryfield48
09-08-2004, 08:21 AM
No, it's DAAAAAAAH!

The following quotation is from his trip report to Poker School Online, reproduced in this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=983630&page=6&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#983630):

[ QUOTE ]
The turn card is however....................3...........of......... ....SPADE!!!!!!!!!!!

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH[snip]HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

mrbaseball
09-08-2004, 08:25 AM
Agreed! This guy makes me cringe. What an immature douchebag.

Raiser
09-08-2004, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like Magnus Ver Magnusson is attempting to lift a Volkswagon across a football field.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, this is classic. Have you seen the strong-woman competitions? Those scare the hell out of me.

cowpie
09-08-2004, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No, it's DAAAAAAAH!

The following quotation is from his trip report to Poker School Online, reproduced in this thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=983630&page=6&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#983630):

[ QUOTE ]
The turn card is however....................3...........of......... ....SPADE!!!!!!!!!!!

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH[snip]HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He shouts "Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!" or "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!!!" in english.

toots
09-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Normally, I'm pretty easygoing when it comes to player antics, but I have to agree that this was fingernails-on-blackboard annoying. I was actually hoping he'd lose hands, just so we wouldn't need another display.

The Closed Captioning seemed to translate it to "DUUUH", which seemed somehow appropriate.

B Dids
09-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Last week I thought it was funny. This week is was dumb. When it happens EVERY TIME, it's hard to fall back on "he's young and excitable".

nolanfan34
09-08-2004, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Closed Captioning seemed to translate it to "DUUUH", which seemed somehow appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic.

Last week I defended the guy a bit, but this week he was just over the top.

The hand that bugged me the most was the one that he knocked out Ferguson on. His 55 against Ferguson's AK....Anderson is AHEAD in the hand, and he's chanting for a 5 to come on the flop, like he's behind or something. Then when the five hits, he practically does the Super Bowl Shuffle in celebration. I can understand being excited, but that was like dancing on someone's grave while you're in the middle of burying them.

BrettK
09-08-2004, 11:26 AM
I can't remember the exact quote, but did anyone else laugh when he said that screaming like that helps him stay in the moment and keep his focus?

Brett

TakeMeToTheRiver
09-08-2004, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The hand that bugged me the most was the one that he knocked out Ferguson on. His 55 against Ferguson's AK....Anderson is AHEAD in the hand, and he's chanting for a 5 to come on the flop, like he's behind or something. Then when the five hits, he practically does the Super Bowl Shuffle in celebration. I can understand being excited, but that was like dancing on someone's grave while you're in the middle of burying them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind Andersson too much, but this hand was over the top. If I recall correctly, the pot size was not very big compared to Andersson's stack -- although it would (and did) knock Ferguson out of the tournament. If there is every a time to shut the f**k up, it was here. There was no reason to be as excited as he was after this hand unless you are purposely being a jerk.

Milky
09-08-2004, 12:03 PM
I dunno. If anything he's going to get more excited with each passing hand, considering he's getting closer and closer to big money.

Personally he cracks me up. Would probably be annoying to play against but not nearly as bad as some of the other players we've seen this year (Mouth, Hellmuth, Josh's outburst last night).

WC64
09-08-2004, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't remember the exact quote, but did anyone else laugh when he said that screaming like that helps him stay in the moment and keep his focus?

Brett

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was hilarious

danstjohn
09-08-2004, 12:14 PM
We should protest by not watching next weeks final table broadcast unless ESPN cuts away when he goes all in against someone. He is by far the most annoying person I have ever seen period.

It is hard to believe there hasn't been a confrontation with him and another player about it. I would have told him to shut the f*** up if I was at the table with him. The more they show him the more he looks like a freaking loser albeit a rich one now.

WC64
09-08-2004, 12:20 PM
I hit mute everytime he is in a hand now. Anyone know what place he finishes? I am to lazy to look at the moment, but I want to make sure I watch that one.

mrbill22
09-08-2004, 12:37 PM
He finishes 8th.

nolanfan34
09-08-2004, 12:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hit mute everytime he is in a hand now. Anyone know what place he finishes? I am to lazy to look at the moment, but I want to make sure I watch that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your answer, in white:

<font color="white"> IIRC, he's the second one knocked out at the final table. Gets all-in PF with AK vs. Greg Raymer's AT. Raymer rivers a straight to knock him out. </font>

danstjohn
09-08-2004, 12:59 PM
It would have sucked if he went on to win the whole thing. I hate to even think about what his reaction would have been on the final hand for the title.

JiWe
09-08-2004, 01:55 PM
personaly I find it more anoying with people that talk Bull* all the time, like the unabomber, and are very cocky.
the russian in WPT paris was a anoying one.

as someone said, hit mute when he wins the hand.
I havent seen the latest shows so maybe he talks bull and so on then I dont know

CrisBrown
09-08-2004, 01:59 PM
Hi Brett,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, what struck me was his narcissism. Mattias' screaming helps him keep his focus ... but what about every other player in the room?

The simple fact is that he's an inconsiderate boor. And if I may be so bold, this should be a lesson to other internet players who are thinking of playing in B&amp;M cardrooms: there is a big difference between yelling at a computer, in the privacy of your own home, and the same behavior at a poker table in a public cardroom.

Cris

CrisBrown
09-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Hi JiWe,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The other players in the room didn't have that option....

Cris

CrisBrown
09-08-2004, 02:03 PM
Hi lolita,

[ QUOTE ]
I am also a huge fan of "How bout dem Cowboys!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to disappoint you, but I live in Tampa and bleed pewter. From now til January, I'll even have my nails painted Bucs' red....

Cris

danstjohn
09-08-2004, 02:04 PM
He runs into a corner of the room and screams "DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" anytime he is in a big hand against someone even if he is a huge favorite. Generally he acts like an 8 year old would if he was at the WSOP playing for $5,000,000.

Don_Lapre
09-08-2004, 02:18 PM
"Agreed! This guy makes me cringe."

Cringe is the perfect word, I watched some of the episode when it replayed later and found myself hitting the mute button.

DL

WC64
09-08-2004, 02:23 PM
If he would have won I would have quit watching about now

JerseyTom
09-08-2004, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind Andersson too much, but this hand was over the top. If I recall correctly, the pot size was not very big compared to Andersson's stack -- although it would (and did) knock Ferguson out of the tournament. If there is every a time to shut the f**k up, it was here. There was no reason to be as excited as he was after this hand unless you are purposely being a jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris was totally classy here. He da man.

If Mattias does in fact get knocked out, does the person responsible yell "JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!"? That would be quite the TV moment... (I like to think I'm somewhat classy, but I'd have to seriously consider it if I knocked him out...)

B Dids
09-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Here's what bugged me. He said that he celebrates when "he knocks someone out". I can see being happy when YOU don't bust. I have a harder timem with somebody acting out when they bust somebody.

Stew
09-08-2004, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
personaly I find it more anoying with people that talk Bull* all the time, like the unabomber, and are very cocky.
the russian in WPT paris was a anoying one.

I havent seen the latest shows so maybe he talks bull and so on then I dont know

[/ QUOTE ]

The Russian you are referring to is Australian.

mhcmarty
09-08-2004, 03:20 PM
He knows he's on TV. It's for the cameras. That's my take

I can't figure out why ESPN keeps showing his antics???

maryfield48
09-08-2004, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He knows he's on TV. It's for the cameras. That's my take

I can't figure out why ESPN keeps showing his antics???

[/ QUOTE ]

If ESPN didn't, there wouldn't be much point in doing it for the cameras, would there?

spacemonkey57
09-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Every time he plays an all in just hit the mute button. Trust me, it's the second best thing to being able to being able to reach into your TV and punch someone.

lolita16
09-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Hi Cris,

It's alright; you're allowed. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
I grew up in Texas and Cowboy football was almost a religion in my family. My earlies childhood memory was of my father screaming at the television (noteworthy because my dad is not a screamer). I later found out that was the Cowboy/Baltimore game in which a recovered fumble (that actually wasn't) cost them the game. This was the January after I turned two. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Take Care

fireman664
09-08-2004, 09:46 PM
I wish he was part of "the crew".

Daliman
09-08-2004, 10:12 PM
I used to think it was just youthful exuberance, but now, it's over the top, annoying, and VERY classless and immature.

JiWe
09-09-2004, 06:31 AM
born in poland if I recall right. poland- russia same sh*** different name /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Trainwreck
09-09-2004, 06:38 AM
When he goes out 8th we shall see, I hope Greg does say that... LOL! It seems possible, then again I don't recall who knocks him out...

Matts YES!ing in swedish: annoying

Matts crying: priceless

&gt;TW&lt;

ohkanada
09-09-2004, 02:39 PM
Yup, that would be Greg knocking him out.

Ken

Daliman
09-10-2004, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When he goes out 8th we shall see, I hope Greg does say that... LOL! It seems possible, then again I don't recall who knocks him out...

Matts YES!ing in swedish: annoying

Matts crying: priceless

&gt;TW&lt;

[/ QUOTE ]

DA! Fossilman KO's him AT or AJ vs MA's AK on a loose big-stack call.

WC64
09-15-2004, 05:22 PM
At least we didnt have to see his celebration in the final 2 episodes.

Even though I knew it was coming I still loved it when he busted lol.