PDA

View Full Version : My NFL futures bets

jwvdcw
09-07-2004, 08:34 PM
I just placed the following bets at betonusa.com. Tell me what you think of them.

Chi Bears to win their division at 10-1
Highest win total by any team, under 13.5(-180)
Team to win more games, Colts -.5 against Chiefs(-115)
Team to win more games, Bears +1.5 against Bills(even)
Will the Vikings make the playoffs, No(+140)
Will the Bucs make the playoffs, No(+105)
Buffalo Bills under 7.5 wins(+120)
Miami Dolpins under 8 wins(-145)

Benal
09-07-2004, 08:38 PM
I'm guessing you like the bears? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

The only one I really like is Buffalo Bills under 7.5 wins(+120)

Jman28
09-07-2004, 08:43 PM
I like the Dolphins bet, and he colts over chiefs

I don't like the most wins under 13.5 for the odds you're getting.

thomastem
09-08-2004, 10:07 AM
I live in Chicago, am a die-hard Bears fan, and must say that Bears bet is bad.

Unproven QB with no Left tackle in a divisision with the Vikes and Packers not to mention the most improved team, the Lions. 10-1 isn't enough.

MrGo
09-08-2004, 11:33 AM
I hate the Bears bet. I also hate the Vikings bet. They will roll over this division.

I like the Dolphins bet...this will be a bad year for the 'Phins.

09-08-2004, 12:38 PM

I hope you didn't bet the house on this one. Vikings will finish 12-4, book it.

Sundevils21
09-08-2004, 12:42 PM
I like the last four bets. No Vikes, No Bucs, Bills under 7.5, and Fish under 8. Those look good imo.

jwvdcw
09-08-2004, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a fan(Redskins/Ravens fan) but I do think that they're in for a good season.....They've got the RB they wanted, their o-line is tremendously improved, according to them they like Grossman at QB a lot(enough that they didn't pursue Warner, Brunell, or Collins). Oh yeah...and the last season where they actually played a home game, they were 13-3(2 years ago).

jwvdcw
09-08-2004, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I live in Chicago, am a die-hard Bears fan, and must say that Bears bet is bad.

Unproven QB with no Left tackle in a divisision with the Vikes and Packers not to mention the most improved team, the Lions. 10-1 isn't enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

the Lions the most improved? Why because they've add a rookie WR and RB? I think teams like Jacksonville, Washington, or CHICAGO stand a much better chance at big improvements.

jwvdcw
09-08-2004, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I hope you didn't bet the house on this one. Vikings will finish 12-4, book it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its about a 50/50 shot. They barely missed last year, and that could leave a bad taste in their mouths. 2 of their 3 RBs are injured which could obviously hurt their ground attack a lot. Since I viewed it as 50/50, I took the bet with those odds.

jwvdcw
09-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Thanks for all the thoughts....I'd love to hear more arguments/opinions.

pudley4
09-08-2004, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a fan(Redskins/Ravens fan) but I do think that they're in for a good season.....They've got the RB they wanted, their o-line is tremendously improved, according to them they like Grossman at QB a lot(enough that they didn't pursue Warner, Brunell, or Collins). Oh yeah...and the last season where they actually played a home game, they were 13-3(2 years ago).

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year the Bears played at home at remodeled Soldier Field and were 7-9. Two years ago was when they played in Champaign and were 4-12. Three years ago was when they got every lucky bounce possible and were 13-3. Four years ago they were 5-11. Five years ago they were 6-10. They are also starting a new young QB (and who's going to catch the ball?); the running back they got has never proven himself (he had a decent second half of 2003); their "best" defensive player is hurt and overrated; they have a relatively tough schedule.

I think 7-9 is actually a good year for them and wouldn't be surprised if they had a worse record than last year.

drewjustdrew
09-08-2004, 05:15 PM
That aberration 13-3 record can be attributed to one factor only. TED WASHINGTON. The Bears let him go because they felt he was too old coming off an injury. The Patriots sure didn't feel the same way.

Until the Bear can plug the middle, Urlacher will not return to all-pro form and the D will be mediocre at best.

JohnShaft
09-08-2004, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Until the Bear can plug the middle, Urlacher will not return to all-pro form and the D will be mediocre at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Bears D isn't about plugging the middle anymore. The fat guys in the middle are gone in Lovie Smith's new D. The whole D is going to be attacking. The D-Line is modelled more on the excellent Tampa line of a few years ago. Hence them drafting Tommie Harris (a very quick/fast/agile DT) and not somebody like Vince Wilfork.

Lovie's Defense led the league in Sacks and Turnovers last year. That's what they'll be looking to replicate. Not "Buddhas in the middle".

I'm a Bears fan, so may not be impartial.
FWIW I think the Bears could be a dark horse and suprise people this year. Or they could be real horrible, if Grossman and the D doesn't play well.
But look at it this way, the Bears went 7-9 last season, with one of the worst Offensive Co-ordinators in the history of the modern game, and scraps at Quarterback.
They also won 6 of their last 10 (and lost two of them by less than a FG). That is a good result if they were such a horrible team. And I think they have only improved the team this year, and lost almost nothing.

I think the 10-1 is probably around the money, but I'd prefer a few points higher to take the bet.

NLSoldier
09-09-2004, 04:35 AM
Someone from Wisconson admitting that the vikings will roll over the division! That kind of respect from packer nation makes me confident that they will roll over the entire league!

MrGo
09-09-2004, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone from Wisconson admitting that the vikings will roll over the division! That kind of respect from packer nation makes me confident that they will roll over the entire league!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Dallas fan, so I can't like Minn either until after week 1. lol Everything about GB disgusts me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

drewjustdrew
09-09-2004, 10:39 AM
You should be a lifetime Viking fan if you are a Dallas fan first, regardless of whether or not they are playing each other. How many SuperBowls did they win because of that trade? 3?

jwvdcw
09-09-2004, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should be a lifetime Viking fan if you are a Dallas fan first, regardless of whether or not they are playing each other. How many SuperBowls did they win because of that trade? 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol....very true