PDA

View Full Version : JJ in BB vs UTG PFR (maybe a quickie)

Ralph Wiggum
09-07-2004, 08:21 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="666666">7 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, SB folds.

River: (8 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

I assume the other streets are SOP. What's the plan of action on the river?

Fnord
09-07-2004, 08:32 PM
Cry? Bet/fold?

Ralph Wiggum
09-07-2004, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cry? Bet/fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
Cry? Yes.

Well hands like this happen to us all the time. I was just curious as to how people handle these situations. I didn't see anything out of line from UTG, but this was only my 2nd big blind at the table.

HUSKER'66
09-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Check and then call. You've come this far and the pots too big not to risk one more big bet. If he had a queen you would have heard about it on the turn.

Husker

Fnord
09-07-2004, 09:01 PM
Betting out might fold KK. How often does Ax raise when bet into with this board + action? How capable is this opponent of bluffing an Ace with something like TT-77? Hence, betting might be better than calling.

NLSoldier
09-07-2004, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Betting out might fold KK.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is doubtful.

I would check and call, you may get him to bet with a hand you are ahead of, but it is unlikely he will call your bet with a hand you are ahead of, and he may get you to fold the winner by raising if you bet.

willperkins
09-07-2004, 10:25 PM
Since I know nothing of these players, I will give them the benfit of the doubt of being decent player, which is probably a mistake, I should make them loose until they prove different:

Preflop: I tend not to be very aggressive, so I would not have reraised with JJ. I would have called the raise.

Flop: SB checks (I'm thinking PP, AK, AQs, AJs, KQs); UTG calls your bet (since he didn't reraise, I'm thinking JJ, TT or AK, AQ.)

Turn: SB checks (I have no idea why he is still in the pot. Unless I missed completely and he was playing Ax for a str8 draw); UTG calls you again (another conundrum. If he had AA or KK, he should have raised on the flop. If he had AK, JJ or TT he should have folded by now. If he had AQ he would have raised you).

River: I probably check and call if he bets. I hope he was't playing AK for 6 outs all the way to the river?

gamblore99
09-07-2004, 10:31 PM
By the board it looks like your behind but its worth calling another bet based on the size of the pot and for information purposes. Check/call. KK isn't going anywhere, and your most likely beat. But its a nice pot. I hope you took it.

amerksmann22
09-07-2004, 11:31 PM
Did the SB check to you?

If so, I check...

If UTG bets and SB calls...I think you might have to fold, but I probable still overcall.

If UTG bets and SB folds then you have to call

If you do bet, I think that you dont get called by a worse hand enough to make it worth your while to bet here.