PDA

View Full Version : Hows this bluff? Party $50 NL

JrJordan
09-07-2004, 07:07 PM
A little background on the hand before you call me a maniac. UTG+1 is the loosest player I've ever seen. His raises are just as likely to be Q7o as it is AA. I would be willing to push all in with my TT PF if it were possible. Unfortunately, I think a push all in is only going to get called by a hand that beats me. The cold call by MP makes me think I can get rid of him with a big reraise and isolate the maniac. He too is pretty loose, but not nearly to the extent that our maniac is.

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (8 handed)

MP2 ($45)
CO ($49.40)
Button ($31.95)
Hero ($50)
BB ($77.25)
UTG ($53)
UTG+1 ($172.71)
MP1 ($49)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $1, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises to $4.5</font>, MP1 calls $4.50, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $10.50, MP1 calls $10.50.

<font color="blue"> Okay, they weren't both supposed to call. Out of position with a med/high pocket pair. </font>

Flop: ($47) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets $10</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $35 (All-In)</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $24 (All-In).

<font color="blue"> The king definitely has me worried and am willing to check fold to a decent bet. His $10 bet is so weak though. With the size of the pot and his bet, I think I can take this pot down 1 in 3,about pot odds. What do you think of the push all in? </font>

AZK
09-07-2004, 07:25 PM
I've found it alot easier to bluff/try stuff like this in person with real chips, real money and real people. I think my winrate suffers heavily from trying the same crap online. I often try to push people around online just like I do in real life, only with nowhere near as much success. As much as I don't like to admit it, Party NL is more of a science than actual live big bet NL, limp in, catch a set, take money, there is no sense in trying to one up the maniacs or push them around. Think about what you are saying, will loose/maniac players fold to a huge raise? No. They love action, don't give it to them unless it's warranted. I hear posters that have winrates of 20BB/100 and so forth, which I think is completely attainable at these limits. Mine however, is much lower by trying to make plays like this online. Sure online NL becomes way boring if it just comes down to math or no math, but I don't real see any sense in trying to outplay your opponents at Party 25/50 when you can wreck them just by playing straightforward...just my thoughts though...what'd he show? K3o?

mullaney
09-07-2004, 07:27 PM
That is a weak bet on the flop, but if he has a king, he's got just about the best flop possible. He is way ahead to any pocket pair below Kings except for 44 and 22. The only good draw would be 35 for a straight. If he pushes, those pairs all fold. If he makes a weak bet, maybe that will entice a player to push allin with QQ or JJ or TT. Then again, he may just have a weak pair and was hoping for you to fold.

Anyway, I don't like your reraise preflop. I'd prefer to call with such good position and see a flop.