PDA

View Full Version : Home game tourney

kyro
09-07-2004, 05:49 PM
I was invited by a friend to a home game this weekend. Small buy-in, $5, basically I just wanted to chill and enjoy myself. There were 11 of us, so we split into two tables and would converge when 3 were knocked out. A little background on the players.

UTG is awful. He's also the kid who invited me. He knocked out the other decent player at the table by calling a huge PF raise, and large bets on the flop and turn before rivering a T to win with T6o on an A9xxT board. The word fold means nothing to him.

Button is a bit loose PF, but has no problems tossing his cards if he doesn't like the flop. I won my only good pot off him when he raised PF with Q8s, slowplayed his two pair on the flop and allowed me to catch up with my two pair on the turn and river to beat him.

SB is weak. Mainly talks about JewFlux and how it affects his game. Not an awful player, but really doesn't have much of a clue.

Anyways, start out with 2900 chips. I'm in the BB with about 1750 after posting BB of 150. Button has 450 chips after losing a big pot, and awful UTG has us both covered by a lot. Blinds are to go up to 100/200 next hand.

UTG calls the 150 BB, and button peeks at his cards and moves all in. SB folds. I look, I see A8o. I...

SossMan
09-07-2004, 06:01 PM
ummm...fold?

what am i missing? You have A8 and it doesn't seem like you will get UTG to fold here.