PDA

View Full Version : flop trip Qs

maryfield48
09-07-2004, 05:16 PM
PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

<font color="green">I should raise here? I wanted the overcalls.</font>

Turn: (6.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="green">Should I reraise, call or fold to UTG+2's raise? I didn't stop to try to put him on a hand.</font>

River: (14.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

<font color="green">Check/call? Bet &amp; call a raise? Cap?</font>

Final Pot: 20.50 BB

btspider
09-07-2004, 06:09 PM
please don't mention fold anywhere after this flop. raie PF is good. i'd just bet the flop and see what happens. turn is good. river bet is good. when he still raises, you have to decide if this opponent would still raise with QJ or QT type hands.

also, he has the Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, so he just needs his kicker to be a spade as well.

Jimbobobb
09-07-2004, 07:07 PM
Flop:
Why would you check here? I don't get it. You raised pre-flop and nobody's gonna give you credit for the Q anyway because it's .25/.5. Booooo slowplaying!! boooooo!!!!

Turn: You have trips/second best kicker. Folding is not an option anywhere in this hand. The 3-bet here I like. He might have just picked up a flush draw or have A7 for all we know. When he caps, we know he has the Q and that it's spades.

River: I'm aggressive, and I'd bet out here, but only call his raise. Seeing as how he has the Q of spades and might have just hit his backdoor flush to beat you, check/calling might be the correct play against sane opponents.

maryfield48
09-08-2004, 12:30 AM
He had pocket 3s for the flopped boat. He was quite aggressive, should I not have slowed down somewhere based on this possibility?

I agree that I should have just called the river raise.

Yerma
09-08-2004, 01:10 AM
Hi Maryfield,

At first I thought you should c/r the turn. But I think I like your bet. He could have had A-high and was just trying to steal it, then he may fail to bet the turn! But if you bet, maybe he calls you down. And if he has a Queen he will raise you anyways.

He should have capped you on the river. I don't think there's much you could have done in this hand. Too often he'll show you Q5s and have put in 7 bets from the turn onwards drawing *very* slim. You will see that far more often than you will see him have 33. Those times you put in 4 bets on the turn and you are behind, you are still drawing kind of live. Any Q, 7, or K on the river and you beat him anyways.

maryfield48
09-08-2004, 01:52 AM
Hi Yerma,

I'll try to remember that. Lately my sets/trips have been getting pounded, so I'm probably gun shy.