PDA

View Full Version : How would you play this? Another simple one. (I think)

IndieMatty
09-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Weird hand for me; I'm pretty sure I was chip spewing the entire time. No Reads at the table, cept for MP3 who plays real crappy, but passive 99%, but will stay in for any draw all the way, no matter what.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Uh oh.

Flop: (17 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls,

Oh crap an ACE, Im being bet into by the guy who 3 bet me? Calling down is gross. Folding seems drastic. Raising seems stupid? What do you do?

<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP3 calls.

I thought this was a clear case of spending some money to see where I was in the hand, and wonderfully SB folds...

Here's the rest of the hand...

Turn: (12 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls.

River: (15 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Anyone get a little nervous on the river and just check it out? One of these passives has an ace. Right?

Evan
09-07-2004, 04:40 PM
I like the flop raise, I think it's right w/o a doubt. If I were you though I would bet the turn and hope to get a free showdown. I don't think you're value betting the river here, more likely it's a semi-bluff at best. (Does that term even make sense for a river bet?) Basically you don't want to be called on the river and you're definitely not folding a better hand.

Fnord
09-07-2004, 04:43 PM
Without a read, the river is a clear check. If MP3 is a real bozo, he'll show you stuff like 22 and K9o often enough to bet out the river.

MoreWineII
09-07-2004, 04:49 PM
With this line, I agree that it's a probable river check.

Anybody take the free turn card instead?

Evan
09-07-2004, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody take the free turn card instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a free showdown is more valuable since you're very unlikely to improve and will likely have to call at least one bet on the river.

Fnord
09-07-2004, 04:55 PM
A free showdown is vastly better than taking a free turn as once in a blue moon that turn bet will win the pot and you still might improve on the river.

MoreWineII
09-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Makes sense.

IndieMatty
09-07-2004, 06:37 PM
MPidiot had 55 and called me down.

MHIG

I don't know why I bet out the river, I felt I had to. It is noted to check behind next time.

Fnord
09-07-2004, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't know why I bet out the river, I felt I had to. It is noted to check behind next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not with that read. Nice value bet!