PDA

View Full Version : Hey, what's that on the grou- Aaaaahhhhh!

Azhrarn
09-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Walking into a trap...

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed). No reads.

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

At this point, I'm thinking pocket 8's, 9's or AJ for the button. Lesser possibilities are QT, JT, aces or kings...

River: (11.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

Thoughts? I think my turn and river play is debateable.

Evan
09-07-2004, 04:33 PM
This may sound stupid but I think you should bet the flop. In spots like this where the betting is checked to the preflop raiser you really give away control of the hand. You would obviously intend to call if the button bet, so you're probably better off betting yourself. This gives you a chance to buy the button and will give you a better idea of where you stand in the hand. I think the turn is an easy raise, when the button 3 bets I have to think you're beat. Unfortunately this pot is too big to fold on the river IMO. Although you're almost defintitely beat I would bet and fold to a raise since I think there is a chance you may get the button to fold a better hand but he really cant raise with anything you're beating.