PDA

View Full Version : Hello :)

AceSquared
09-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Hello all, Im new to this forum and had a quick question. I do fairly well at the PP 3/6 up to 5/10.

My question is about MTTs, I dont feel i perform to my ability in NL or limit tournaments. Is their a common reason for this among limit players? I have gotten knocked out of 4 tournaments TODAY putting in all my money with the best hand just to get outdrawn. I dont want to make it look like im bitching, I honestly feel Im doing something wrong for this to happen so often. Thought this would be the right place to ask. Thanks in advance.

David

surfdoc
09-07-2004, 04:10 PM
post specific hands and circumstances and you will get more meaningful replies. Your question is too general.

Punker
09-07-2004, 04:12 PM
It depends on how big a favorite you are putting your money in as. If you are putting it in as a 55-45 favorite several times during a tourney, you can't really expect to do that well. In ring game, you kill em if you keep getting in 55-45 spots...not so much in tourneys.

Che
09-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Welcome to the forum AceSquared!

[ QUOTE ]
I have gotten knocked out of 4 tournaments TODAY putting in all my money with the best hand just to get outdrawn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should exit 4 out of 5 NL tourneys this way or you will not be a profitable tourney player in the long run IMHO. Well, maybe 3 out of 5 with the fourth being a late stages PF all-in with AK against an underpair (so you're techinically behind and not getting outdrawn).

Regardless, if you are getting your money in as an underdog more than 20% of the time, you will have big problems.

Now and forevermore, losing to suckouts is the way the majority of your tournaments will end unless you are a bad player. So don't sweat it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Later,
Che

Benal
09-07-2004, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have gotten knocked out of 4 tournaments TODAY putting in all my money with the best hand just to get outdrawn

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really are getting in with the best of it and you get outdrawn, you are doing nothing wrong. Move on and play the next one...

AceSquared
09-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Sadly Im at the office now, but I can remember the last hand I played. I was dealt AA in UTG+1, blinds 50/100. I had 3600. Raised to 350, all folded to CO (7000ish) who called, blinds fold. flop is A 6 5 rainbow. i lead out for 250 figuring he would come over the top. (mistake?) He thinks for a while and pushes, I call and the turn is a 7 and river a 8. he turns over pocket 4's and takes the pot.

I guess looking back, had I made a pot bet he wouldn't have called.

p.s. How do I use the "Hero, Villain" thing I see everyone else use. Thanks

David

Che
09-07-2004, 04:43 PM
You are the Hero. Your opponents are the villains.

Your play is excellent on the posted hand. Keep doing this and you will money 20% of the time or more and you will frequently make the final table in the long run.

Later,
Che

AceSquared
09-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the uplifting reply Che /images/graemlins/smile.gif