junbug31 calls [$6].
xxxboogiexxx calls [$6].
** Dealing River ** [ 7d ]
xxxboogiexxx bets [$6].
HERO folds.
junbug31 folds.
xxxboogiexxx does not show cards.
xxxboogiexxx wins $6

Do i beat any hand he could possibly have here on the river? All comments on all streets appreciated.

pudley4
09-07-2004, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All comments on all streets appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

DO NOT FOLD AA ON THE RIVER FOR ONE BET

end of thread

elbombastico
09-07-2004, 04:16 PM
you say do not fold AA on the river for one bet, is this because AA is the big daddy of all starting poker hands?, Do you honestly think its possibly my opponent might not be able to beat my one pair here? Im gettign roughly 11 to 1 on my call, but there is still a player to act behind me, and i cant think of any hand he could play this way that I beat.

butters
09-07-2004, 04:25 PM
check out this link:

http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi

it makes posting hand histories a lot easier.

Eihli
09-07-2004, 04:32 PM
http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi

yes?

Kluddeludde
09-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Do i beat any hand he could possibly have here on the river?

Yes.

Next time, use the converter. (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Kludde

MoreWineII
09-07-2004, 05:11 PM
This post makes my pee pee sad. You realize that you don't have to be good here 100% of the time to make a call profitable...

or even 50%...

or 20%....

bdk3clash
09-07-2004, 05:35 PM
"Do i beat any hand he could possibly have here on the river?"

Sure. People bluff into one-card straights and random scary boards all the time. Even if this random bet isn't a bluff, one hand off the top of my head that kind of makes sense for a loose and not particularly aggressive player is A/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif who doesn't want you to check behind with AT or AK or whatever, because he knows you're not raising this scary-ass board.

You will be shown down a worse hand way more than the 1 out of 11.5 times you need to be profitable in this spot.

The preflop coldcaller is really, really unlikely to raise the river (though I might be results-oriented here--leave his actions out next time) because so far he has shown aggression exactly once and then reverted to call-down mode.

The river only completes some pretty unlikely backdoor gutshot draws, which probably won't raise anyway because there's a 3-flush on board.

"All comments on all streets appreciated."

Preflop, flop, and turn were standard/automatic. Not calling the river was a significant mistake. Furthermore, from a meta-game perspective, you do not want to be known by your opponents as someone who folds to random river bets in big pots. If your opponents happen to be paying attention to your play, this is a big deal.

Use the converter next time, and welcome to the board.

eh923
09-07-2004, 05:45 PM
The board is scary, but not enough to fold for 1 bet. And in case you care, I'd take shots at you if I knew you'd fold AA to a scary board for only 1 bet.

You're getting 11-1 on your call. You don't have to like it, but you should still do it.