PDA

View Full Version : Request Party Poker Transcripts

MolonLabe
09-07-2004, 04:01 PM
I am requesting that people send me their
Party Poker Single Table Tourney NL - Transcripts
I'm working on a program that gives statistics for how people act in certain circumtances. If you share transcripts with me, I'll give you first look at the data that I hope to accumulate.

For example, what I'm trying to learn is this...
At a certain level
At a certain number of players left
At a certain position
What is the chance that a person will fold with a bet of X
And if he calls, what will he be holding.

Right now, the program is pretty simple and can only do a few things like give the average hand out for a given position out in a game and figure out the average calls,all-ins,folds,etc. per game. It can also compare these stats based on time of day, day of week, buy-ins, etc. One of the things that I've learned already is that people don't really play that differently based on the time of day as had I previously believed.

Right now, I'm using about 200 of my own transcripts. They are mostly 10&20 with some 5,30 and 50s thrown in. I'm hoping for about 1000 transcripts total and atleast 100 for each buy in level.

If you would like to contribute to my project but are afraid that this is just some fiendish plan to learn how you play your hands so I can utilize the knowledge of how 3 or 4 people play (out of about 50,000) to make my fortune - you can do this if you would like to still contribute.

Save your transcript as a plain ".txt" file.
Use a word processor to "Find & Replace" your login name with whatever you want (as long as it could be a login name at party poker, or my program won't be able to read it.) in the document.

You can email the transcripts to Molon_Labe_PP@hotmail.com
Send just one at first, so that I can make sure that it is in the right format. I'd feel like a jerk if you sent me a few hundred and I had to tell you that you would have to resend them again in a different way.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thank you