PDA

View Full Version : Small pocket pairs and me. (middlin' content)

MoreWineII
09-07-2004, 03:36 PM
4/8 Live LAG-fest.

The players:

Hero = Trying to win this hand.
CO = Almost all-in, way Laggy.
SB = Solid with Laggy tendencies.
LP = Almost all-in. Borderline maniac.
the rest = Loopy/Laggy.

Hero is BB with 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

5 limpers to CO who raises, button folds, SB 3-bets, hero cold-calls, as does everyone else to CO who caps, all call.

Any problem with this cold call? FWIW, nobody was going to fold PF for 2, or even 3, more bets - that much I was sure of. It was that sort of table.

7 to the flop: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, hero raises, coupla folds, LP calls all-in, one other call, CO 3-bets, SB caps, all call.

Well, it looks like I'll be dodging bullets this entire hand... No real reads on most of the players' hands, but I'm pretty sure that SB has QQ, KK, or AA - smells like KK or AA. CO could have anything.

5 players to turn: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Crap, I hope SB doesn't have QQ, we'll soon find out. SB checks (hmm), Hero bets, 1 fold, LP calls, CO tosses his last two chips in, SB calls (whew.)

*Hero prays for a blank - the 9 of spades would be nice*

4 to the river: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets, SB calls, LP and CO are all-in.

LP shows A5o, CO shows 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, SB shows KK, and MHIG.

The main thing I'm wondering about is the PF cold-call. My odds seem right (10-1'ish) but it doesn't strike me as a particularly great call. Maybe it's weak-tightness poking through. Any comments on that?

For that matter, anybody play any street differently? I figured against such a Laggy table, I'd get plenty of action even after confronting almost the entire field with 2 bets on the flop - especially with two LAG players almost all-in.

Fnord
09-07-2004, 03:41 PM
Discounted from the BB, this is a no-brainer. Exactly the hand you want to play against these guys.

IndieMatty
09-07-2004, 03:51 PM
Seems ok to me, 4-8 lag fests are stressful, unless of course you hit a set.