PDA

View Full Version : 4-8 at Harrah's east chicago

10-27-2001, 06:31 AM
so i decided to spend my night at Harrah's East Chicago in indiana last night. played for about 4 hours. sat down first at a stud table while i waited for my holdem seat to open up. i just threw away trash until i had a good starting hand, and i bet it all the way, making Kings up with the KK showing. i bet the max (or what i thought was the max, apparently at a 1-5 table an open pair means you can bet $10) i got called down all the way and won a nice pot. a few hands later i got a flush in 5 cards and bet it, and the lasy on my left asked me if i had my flush already? i told her i sure did, and she called me to the river and said show me you flush, and i did. then i move to the hold em table. its a 4-8 with a half kill. id never played in a killpot game before, and didn't realize it was that kinda game until the first kill pot. i asked about it, and it was explained.

anyways, i throw my first couple hands away, then in the BB i get a free play, and the flop comes AA4. i decide to bet (i had rags) and i get one caller. the turn doesn't look very scary, so i bet again, and i take the pot. ive never had that much respect at a table without previously showing a winning hand. same thing happened a bit later, in the second pot i wo -no showdown-. and i was bluffing again.

i get another free play in the BB and get Ad5d. family pot. flop comes: KdTdJd. i just flopped the nuts and should get some action perhaps. SB bets out, i call with 7 behind me to act. only one other caller. turn is a black 3. SB checks, i bet, both call. river is Qd!!!!!! my first ever straight flush, and its a rouyal flush!!!! too bad it killed my action. i did get an A to call me on the end. not a very big pot, unfortunately.

I get A7 in the SB, only 3 callers, so i call for half a bet. BB checks. i flop an ace, but im worried about my kicker, and ive been getting a lot more callers lately. i check, Last Position bets, i call. i end up check calling to the river, because i felt something was fishy. heads up on the river and i call, he shows me pocket TT. do people really push their pocket pairs this far with an A on board and a check caller?

after i win 2 in a row, the kill is mine, and on the kill pot, i get Tc3c. not very beautiful, but since i had to post a $6 blind i got a free flop. flop comes rainbow 832. i bet from early position and get 3 callers (more than i wanted). turn is a J and i check. it gets checked around??? and the river is a 3. so i bet, and take down a nice pot after everybody left calls me.

good night over all.