PDA

View Full Version : 100 SNGs in an evening...

Tosh
09-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Just a mini challenge I've set myself for tonight as I have a totally free night and to celebrate the first day with dual monitors; my aim is to play 100 SNGs at the $50 on Party / Empire. I have had a set total of profit for the $50 level in mind for a while that I need to achieve before permanently moving to $100's, I am about $500 short, so hopefully after 100 (or however many I manage) I will be there and will never have to play another $50.

I might post an update here and there but probably just one with the results at the end.

stupidsucker
09-07-2004, 02:55 PM
wow.. this will be interesting.

I thought about this myself as soon as I got my dual monitors up and running. Are you sure you want to do it the first day? It takes a little getting used to I think, but it wasnt as bad as some had suggested.

I may join you on this quest soon, maybe even today (but they would be 30s) I am way behind of my own set quota cause I had a surprise visit this weekend.

I wish you good luck, and fast reflexes. We are all behind you.

byronkincaid
09-07-2004, 02:55 PM
What are your user names? I'll come and shout abuse at your opponents /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tosh
09-07-2004, 02:56 PM
Hehe cool. Tosh27o and AJoutdraw.

Tosh
09-07-2004, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I thought about this myself as soon as I got my dual monitors up and running. Are you sure you want to do it the first day?

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be the practice I guess, I have been 8/9 tabling recently on 1 monitor, can't be worse than that?

hansarnic
09-07-2004, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought about this myself as soon as I got my dual monitors up and running. Are you sure you want to do it the first day?

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be the practice I guess, I have been 8/9 tabling recently on 1 monitor, can't be worse than that?

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG

9?? surely you make too many mistakes?

stupidsucker
09-07-2004, 04:31 PM
If you are used to 8/9tabling on one monitor this will be a breeze. No overlap makes a big difference for my little brain.

Do you stagger start? I dont. I find that they stagger themselves just as much.

I am Vrel_sz and TehBluffman
(I used to yell and complain a lot so I hope no one recognizes me in a bad way) I dont think I will do 100 today hehe,... thats 10 hours of work. But I am going to start playing for a couple hours now, and hopefully get in at least 60 today.

sfer
09-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Good luck dude. If I see you when I'm playing the $10 SnGs I started monkeying around in I'll know the results. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Tosh
09-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Played 27, same old story for about 2 hours, money in as favourite but no good. Then I hit a hot run for an hour when I won a lot of the big hands, some as a dog too, and finished with finishes of 221123. So after 27/100 I am up $415. I think due to the Party update problems its too late in the day to do a 100 but I'll have a go anyway.

J.A.Sucker
09-07-2004, 07:33 PM
100 SNG's in an evening is pretty sick. Let me know if you can do it. Did I mention that this was sick? Reminds me of when I used to do "consumption" challenges back in college. Yeah, I'd "win" but sometimes, winners are losers, and losers are winners. BTW, if this is a "mini-challenge" I'd hate to see what a real challenge is... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Patriarch
09-07-2004, 08:17 PM
I played 60 $1 STT's in one day earlier this week, playing 4 at a time. I ended up with just over $10 profit, result!

Tosh
09-07-2004, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, if this is a "mini-challenge" I'd hate to see what a real challenge is... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe I've finished 58, the hardest part is getting new games going, while I've got several short handed games left.

[ QUOTE ]
Reminds me of when I used to do "consumption" challenges back in college.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time we had one of those, I woke up in hospital with no memory for 8 hours...

stupidsucker
09-07-2004, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the hardest part is getting new games going, while I've got several short handed games left

[/ QUOTE ]

God tell me about it. Sometimes It takes me forever to start up a new game. Party takes its sweet ass time refreshing the tables for me. Sometimes by the time they refresh there are already 5 people at the table and my seat(s) are gone.

Today I started my first run of 8 and I had the worst luck ever.. It was good bad luck kinda...

I was crusing in every tourney, Had already taken first in one of them started a 9th one and had several on the bubble or ITM...

THEN..

My computer has a spasm and crashes.. I have almost $500 worth of tables running during the crash and most are on the bubble. I come back to find myself blinded down to scraps in 2 of them. I lose both of those, but I went on to have a run of about 60% RoI for the 20 I did play.

I go to start more and my mouse battery dies. I had it on the charger like always, but my wife unplugged it to plug in something else the night before... UG.

stripsqueez
09-07-2004, 11:46 PM
sheesh - i must be an old man - i struggle to play 2 tables that are heads up or 3 way whilst playing 4 at once - surely you lose some edge heads up ?

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Tosh
09-08-2004, 12:27 AM
Ok well I've played 80 and had enough. Ran bad after my break and ended up with a final result of +$200 for the 80 (ROI 4.54%). Pretty pathetic but got some good 8 tabling practice in. I am not quite sure why I decided to play SNGs for a challenge, as I hate the damn things. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Don't know how the regulars stick with them, they are the most frustrating form of poker IMO.

Tosh
09-08-2004, 12:30 AM
I'm sure I probably lose some edge, and the new time bank saved me a couple of times today for sure.