PDA

View Full Version : Questionable Calls

naphand
09-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Table is playing fairly tight. TAG appears to have solid standards. Gollum is some kind unusual beast, loose and random and I don't trust him.

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Naphand is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. Naphand posts a blind of $2.
BB folds, UTG <font color="purple">(TAG)</font> calls, <font color="CC3333">Button <font color="purple">(Gollum)</font> raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Naphand (poster) 3-bets</font>, UTG <font color="purple">(TAG)</font> calls, <font color="CC3333">Button <font color="purple">(Gollum)</font> caps</font>, Naphand calls, UTG <font color="purple">(TAG)</font> calls.

Flop: (12 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Naphand checks, TAG checks, <font color="CC3333">Gollum bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Naphand raises</font>, TAG calls, <font color="CC3333">Gollum 3-bets</font>, Naphand calls, TAG calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Naphand checks, TAG checks, <font color="CC3333">Gollum bets $4 (All-In)</font>, Naphand calls, TAG calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Naphand checks, TAG checks.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13.50 BB, between TAG, Gollum and Naphand.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Gollum has Jd Ah (one pair, threes).
Naphand has Ts Tc (two pair, tens and threes).
TAG has 4c 4h (two pair, fours and threes).
Outcome: Naphand wins 13.50 BB. </font>

With plenty of aggression from Gollum and TAG player calling along, how often is my hand good? Given that Gollum had thrown in all his precious chips I guess I really should have value-bet that River (I did not notice he was all-in...doh!).

chio
09-07-2004, 02:08 PM
i think you must c/r gollum on the turn again (or complete his bet or whatever)

pot's too big to be playing cautiously

fyodor
09-07-2004, 02:23 PM
I would think you should be good more than 1/3 of the time. These guys that are close to broke that have thrown in a preflop bet ot two often try to win it by flinging the last of their chips at any kind of a flop when they have an overcard like that.

The TAG would be more of a concern. I was thinking he maybe had QJ or QTs or something. He could also have a medium pair. I certaintly wasn't thinking as low as he had though.

Cleveland Guy
09-07-2004, 02:38 PM
I like the check/raise on the turn. I think you have a fairly decent shot to get it heads up, and I think Gollum had it in his head that he was all in no matter what the flop and turn brought.

mntbikr15
09-07-2004, 04:19 PM
I agree that putting Gollum on the all in no matter what mindset is very easy to do. I have been guilty of such actions at times myself.

EDIT- I would be a little worried of JQs or KQs as well from TAG but would problably still swallow hard and bet the river against him.

Nate tha' Great
09-07-2004, 06:41 PM
This looks sloppy at first but I suppose it is okay given player reads.

You need to bet the river and built a side pot. Also, TAG looks like roughly the most inaccurate description ever.

naphand
09-08-2004, 12:13 PM
Indeed, this hand was bizarre but that does not mean he was not playing tight. His stats (albeit for this sessions alone) were:

V$IP 28% PFR 13% WtSD 32%

A touch loose, but the table was often just 4 or 5 handed.

This was the worst hand he showed down. I just wonder what he was thinking - presumable he has on Ax of some kind?

I don't see how this was sloppy - PF and flop should not be a problem. If LAG wants to bet this thro then he can, I am concerned about TAG calling along and call the Turn bet to see if he takes any action (such as a CR). When he doesn't and with LAG all-in, then the River bet is absolutely necessary.

What do you do on the Turn if Gollum is not all-in?

naphand
09-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Yes, I think this is clearly the best line to take.

I was playing somewhat tired and did not notice Gollum was all-in on the Turn. I fully expected him to be betting the River as well. I guess it demonstrates what it costs when you play tired.

I think CR the Turn is good to build a side-pot with TAG, or certainly bet the River.