PDA

View Full Version : 25NL Wacky Monkey-bash Ideas

cagedman
09-07-2004, 12:56 PM
Anyone tried any experimental styles at the 25NL rather than ABC? Maybe there's some exotic strategy that would work really well for monkey bashing (although not for playing real opponents) that has yet to be fleshed out.

Anyone here use an unorthodox style?

Today I tried something... for 20 minutes I open raised $3 every single hand when it made it around to me unraised. I coupled this with a ton of flop pot stabs. The whole table was on tilt by the end of the 20 mins.. family pots almost every hand. I didn't lose a lot during this period because I was dragging some nice pots and avoiding stacking off in general unless I hit 2 pair or trips, etc... Afterward I tightened back up to 20% VP$IP and just made a ton of money...

Anyone else try novel things with any success?

fimbulwinter
09-07-2004, 08:21 PM
i get crap for my 16-30xBB raises with AA/KK from UTG but it gets callers, FWIW

cagedman
09-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Cool.. I'd love to hear more about your hijynx.. I'm starting to think insane play but with a touch of brilliance at key moments might be the best way to make a ton of money on these tables..

excession
09-08-2004, 07:37 PM
I tried an experiment on the $50 PS tables (same 25c/50c blinds as Party $25's)
I posted it over on UPF
I went all-in with AA,KK,QQ or AK every time I got them for 40 times in a row
How often did I get called ? 40% of the time
How often was I a significant (2:1 or worse) dog? Once (KK vs AA).
How often was I 2:1 or better - 12 times.
High variance but high profit and the monkeys never get the chance to bluff you out on the flop if overcards fall or yout AK misses. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
The rest were more or less coin-flips.

Newbie Poker Guide
http://www.andymcnish.btinternet.co.uk/pokerguide/index.htm

fimbulwinter
09-08-2004, 08:54 PM
more profitable idiocy:

6 handed, with position and limpers in front, bet any hand you'd normally play (even small suited connectors) 6xBB if you think there's a chance you can take the blinds/limpers preflop. Bluff any A or K that flops, slowplay if you actually do hit the flop.

overbet the pot any time the flop is monotone.

check-raise always for value; any time you get a set, check raise all in on flop or turn, even if it's a huge overbet of the pot.

any time you get AA/KK and someone who's been getting bullied by you limps in front of you, type out the exact amount they have in their stack and raise that. gets called by JTs every time.

slowplaying flopped trips (not a set) for some reason seems to work really well. people never believe you have it if you check/call the flop and turn. this is scary though, be ready to dump it to an obvious straight or flush.

if you have a set and the pot is multi-way with a drawing flop (ex 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif) bet 2x the pot and watch the flush draws call (they always call) and the AK/Q/J/x push on you. my favorite way to 3-5x up.

yeah, these are stoopid and won't pass for crap on a real table, but they sure do work at 25/50NL

fim