PDA

View Full Version : Dilbert says K-10 off is a stonger hand than 5-5

thomastem
09-07-2004, 11:49 AM
What is your opinion?

JrJordan
09-07-2004, 11:52 AM
Not a chance. KT may hit more flops, but it's only good for winning a small pot at best. Any action towards it often means it's dominated. 55 is easy to play with a no set no bet policy. Rarely get pot committed without having a winner with a set.

spamuell
09-07-2004, 12:05 PM
In honour of you making a post that's actually about poker, I'll respond. Well, I'd respond anyway, but I'm impressed.

55 has better implied odds against multiple opponents. 55 is better heads up. Although, gocee.com ranks KTo as winning a higher percentage of pots with any number of players except heads-up ( here (http://www.gocee.com/poker/HE_Val_Sort.htm)).

Multiway I would prefer 55 because the pots you win are bigger and it's pretty easy to play post-flop whereas KT is harder due to domination issues and paying off lots with second best hand. Heads-up or shorthanded, 55 can be hard to play because it's hard to tell when you're ahead whereas with KTo you're unlikely to be dominated.

So, it depends. I find it interesting that I would prefer each hand in a situation where it wins less pots than the other.

thomastem
09-07-2004, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In honour of you making a post that's actually about poker, I'll respond. Well, I'd respond anyway, but I'm impressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tarnished my reputation. That is what you are saying isn't it?

spamuell
09-07-2004, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've tarnished my reputation. That is what you are saying isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reputation will never be tarnished in my eyes until Stephen Punk makes a post in which he does not misspell a single word.

sfer
09-07-2004, 01:37 PM
55 is easier to play, that's for sure. Otherwise, according to the Pokerroom database, they're pretty indistiguishable.