PDA

View Full Version : Final Six hand from PS 200 on Sunday

Goodie54
09-07-2004, 10:00 AM
This is a hand that I played after having an incredible run to get to the final six in the 1833 player 200 on Sunday on Pokerstars. With six players left, there was talk of a deal. Everyone was for it except the villian in this hand. I wasn't too vocal as to wanting to deal since I didn't want it to effect my play but I did agree to talk about it. But that one player said no, so the answer was no.

I had about 930,000 in chips, he was the chip leader with a little over a million. There were two stacks of about 500,000 and two others at about 800,000. The only player that had been re-raising besides me was the chip leader.

Folded to me in the cutoff and I raise to 120,000 with blinds of 20,000 and 40,000. My hand:

Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Chip leader raises all in and it's folded to me. Does anyone even consider folding this hand in this situation?

Money Distribution is:

1st 84,000est.
2nd 57,000est
3rd 43,000est.
4th 34,000est
5th 24,000est
6th 15,000est

Thanks for all responses and results later.

Peace

Goodie

woodguy
09-07-2004, 10:55 AM
With a good opportunity to cripple the big stack and become the HUGE stack I have to call.

It looks like a re-steal (or maybe that's what he's trying to make it look like), but you are only dominated by AA and KK.

You could fold your way up the pay scale a little, but this is too good an opportunity to be in great position for the big check.

Seeing as you called it the "final hand" I assume you called and were beaten.

What did he have?

regards,
woodguy

MLG
09-07-2004, 11:47 AM
At this situation of a big tourney the play is extremely opponent dependent. You say he was the only player besides you to be reraising. Was he reraising a lot? The all-in is a pretty big overbet, was that common, if so had you seen any hands he had shown down? If he was a conservative player I think I could fold this here, but if he was bullying, even a little you have to call. From experience, reads at the final table of this big tourney are extremely important.

BluffBlank
09-07-2004, 11:54 AM
I think he was refering to the fact that it was down to the final six players.

I don't think you can get away from this either. There's too few hands that you can be up against that will make you a big dog. Probably at worst a slight favorite imho.

-Bluff

soxfan70
09-07-2004, 12:22 PM
This decision has to be read dependant, although I don't think I could get away from this hand. I wouldn't put him on AA or KK, I would think he would re-raise to somewhere around $240,000 trying to get you to push first. I put him on AK, hoping to push you out. Absent a read, I call. Hope it worked out for you, and congrats either way! Top 6 out of that many people is impressive.

Goodie54
09-07-2004, 03:16 PM
I really posted this hand just to reinforce my decision. I decided to call. He turned over AK and flopped a king to bust me. I'm pretty happy with winning 15,000 as this is the single most I've ever won in one day (by far) but I can't help and think about how much this hand really meant to me. We would have dealt had I won this hand I would have most likely ended up with 50 or 60 thousand.

Very tough to lose a $35,000 real dollars hand. Never played more than a $2,000 dollar hand. Anyways, it was very exciting to make the final table of such a big event and almost surreal to be playing for so much money, especially staring at a computer screen.

Thanks for any and all responses and I hope to get back to this position again in the near future.

Peace

Goodie

Wayfare
09-10-2004, 06:07 PM
n/m

I would have folded.

SossMan
09-10-2004, 07:00 PM
I think the range of hands that he makes this reraise with are wider than you might think if he's on the agg side. You have to look at it from his perspective:
He knows that you will have a hard time calling the all in w/out AA/KK/QQ. I think he knows that you will (and probably should) fold all other hands in this spot. By him knowing that, he knows that the difference in hands that you can make that raise with and hands that you can call the all in with is pretty great...thus his all in move works a high percentage of the time.
I think he would be capable of making this move w/ AA-TT, AK, AQ.
AA/KK: While there are 6 ways each of making this hand, I don't think he would make such a big overbet w/ such a big hand given that you are going to fold a lot of the time. There are 12 ways to make AA or KK, but I will discount it to 8 since his betting dictates less of a probability of him having this.
I'll ignore QQ since it's a 50-50 anyway.
JJ/TT: 6 ways each. 12 combos
AK: 16 ways
AQ: 8 ways

8 times you are a 4:1 dog.
16 times you are a 55:45 favorite.
12 times you are a 4:1 favorite.
8 times you are a 2.33:1 favorite.

With a weighted average, you are a 1.33:1 favorite to double up. With the dead money already in the pot, I think you can safely call this.
If you think that he is incapeable of doing this with TT or AQ, then a fold is probably in order. However, if you have been raising a lot, and he's any good at all, I gaurantee you that he could easily be doing this with TT and AQ and maybe even worse.

I think it is a good call.