PDA

View Full Version : Which poker sites do you recommend?

theblitz
09-07-2004, 08:42 AM
I know this is a difficult question and I will get a number of different answers but, from experience, what is the best site to play.
Best is a hard word to define but I suppose the best defintion would be "where I could make the most money" in other words "where there are lots of bad players". /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

At present I am using Paradise Poker and it has a great interface. However, I have seen claims that the play here is a bit too tight and so the earning potential is not so great. I have managed to do reasonably well - came fifth in 2 multi-tables - so the level is reasonable for me.

So, everyone out there: What are your recommendations?

Mike Haven
09-07-2004, 08:56 AM
Assuming you have a neteller account, try each one in turn, collecting bonuses as you go, and see which site has players that best suit your own style of play.

Overdrive
09-07-2004, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

At present I am using Paradise Poker and it has a great interface. However, I have seen claims that the play here is a bit too tight and so the earning potential is not so great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker players will constantly whine that some sites games are too tight, then they will whine that other sites are too loose and have too many bad players and they are always getting 'sucked out on.' (We aren't even going to mention the whiners about poker is rigged, black helicopters control the action, bigfoot is the secret CEO of Party Poker, Hitler is alive and runs a poker site based out of Brazil...you will hear everything..) Paradise is a fine site with an excellent reputation. But just download some other sites and try them out and see how YOU like them, that's whose opinion matters the most.

djcolts
09-07-2004, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming you have a neteller account, try each one in turn, collecting bonuses as you go, and see which site has players that best suit your own style of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a fairly new player (barely over 3 months), but this is really good advice. I think the overwhelming opinion seems to be that Party has the easiest games for a big site, but I've found that I've done better at Crypto sites (do a search on them) so far, so I'm still figuring out which site is best for me. And, the bonuses along the way will make it more likely that you will be making a profit rather than taking a loss.

scotnt73
09-07-2004, 10:01 AM
what limits do you play? i did a little bonus whoring over the labor weekend at The Gaming Club and was VERY impressed. the micros were VERY soft and they have 1000$ freerolls(you have to play 50 raked hands so no rift raff /images/graemlins/grin.gif with a max 800-100 entrants) daily. they also have 1$ and 2.50$ tourneys all day. i played in about 2-3 freerolls a day. i dont know if this was a lablor day weekend thing or if the gaming club just rocks. i enjoyed it very much.

i usually play empire and the games are just as soft if not more so at the gaming club because the players there are so loose/weak.

BusterStacks
09-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Party...freakin'...Poker. Dude.