PDA

View Full Version : $50 to the first person that solves this problem.

09-07-2004, 08:32 AM
No jokes, first person that solves this problem gets $50.

Previous info in this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=926144&page=&view=&sb=5&o =&fpart=all&vc=1) thread.

I have an ATI card and have the hydravision multi-desk program going, and it works fine with everything except Party, Empire and Paradise.

So i'm asking if there is anyway to use multidesk (or some other program?) with these poker clients without them popping up ontop of the wrong desktop, so i can have two or more desktops going on the one monitor, as i want to start my 5+ tabling adventures.

I don't care if it's a third party program or whatever, and as long as the solution costs less than $50, the cash is headed your way (Neteller, party/empire transfer).

I'll be heaps happy since it'll will save me from buying a new monitor /images/graemlins/cool.gif.

Gallow
09-07-2004, 08:58 AM
I have found this after a google search..

MultiDesk (http://siliconrealms.com/mdeskinfo.shtml)

I haven't had a chance to test it yet but it looks promising.

[ QUOTE ]
Can make almost any window Always-On-Top (and remove that attribute temporarily from others).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully this feature will resolve the Party on top problem.

Will let you know.

EDIT: Shareware, 30-day trial period. Registration price is US$25.00.

09-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Any News, does this work?

InternetPokerPro
09-07-2004, 11:02 PM
I have an ATI and an NVIDIA card in the same machine running 4 monitors. Both work w/ multiple monitors just fine for me on all of the Party skins.

I know people get tired of hearing it . . . but you might try a clean windows install. There might be some gunked up registry settings for Party skins that are causing problems w/ the way they display in multi monitor environments.

If I am off base on this possiblity the true IT hacks on the site can flame away.

If you are serious about multi-tabling for anything other than micro limits . . . you need to run dual monitors and not just virtual desktops from the same monitor.

With an additional video card you get additional performance. I think you will find a single video card running 5 or more tables will result in periodic reboots due to quirky things happening as your single video card memory is strained.

Richard Berg
09-07-2004, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With an additional video card you get additional performance. I think you will find a single video card running 5 or more tables will result in periodic reboots due to quirky things happening as your single video card memory is strained.

[/ QUOTE ]
No. Even if vidcard performance were a factor in rendering poker tables (and it's not, by an order of magnitude), a single AGP card would be much better than an AGP+PCI or 2xPCI. AGP has up to 16X the bandwidth of PCI and faces no bus contention; also, blits from one part of the display buffer to another would never have to leave the chipset.

InternetPokerPro
09-07-2004, 11:12 PM
One other point to consider . . . as long as the drivers for the card are correctly installed, I am not sure that you even have to run the Hydravision software. I just configure the monitors straight from the Windows settings by right clicking on the desktop and selecting "PROPERTIES" and then "SETTINGS".

In fact, I am not running the accompanying software for either card in my machine.

InternetPokerPro
09-07-2004, 11:15 PM
Thanks for correcting me on this. I should stick to poker and leave these threads to the experts.

Cheers,

IPP

Chu
09-07-2004, 11:33 PM
First off, I freeging hate the IGN media client. It has so many bugs . . .

What is probably going on is instead of simply making the PP client the active window, it is probably running code that makes it the active window and at the same time assigns it to the primary framebuffer (you have 1 FB/desktop|monitor).

I think I remember someone having a similar problem a LONG time ago (we're talking more then 2 years), and I think the fix we came up with was just use the multiple-desktop software that comes with WindowsXP Power Tools, which is a free download at microsoft.com. For some reason PT multi-desktop software put up a chinese wall between the framebuffers it seemed, so windows wouldn't randomly float between them.

AncientPC
09-07-2004, 11:43 PM
I've posted this in other threads before, but this is the VDM (http://www.greatfreeware.com/Shell_and_Desktop/Misc__Desktop_Management_Tools/11843.html) (Virtual Desktop Manager) that I use. I 6 or 7 table between Paradise, Party, or Full Tilt with that program.

Richard Berg
09-07-2004, 11:56 PM
Good program. He might also consider VMWare or VirtualPC -- out of his price range here, but they have significant long-term benefits for serious online gamblers (create unlimited clean machines, keep untrusted software away from your main install, etc.)