PDA

View Full Version : AKo in CO vs pfr from Rock UTG

easypete
09-07-2004, 07:21 AM
<font color="purple">Da Rock: VPIP-12%, PFR 0.6%, AF 0.4 (roughly 250 hands to this point)

The only hand I have listed for pfr in PT is KK. Also, I have him down for limping w/ such hands as AKs, AQs, JJ, TT.</font>

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG <font color="purple">(Da Rock)</font> raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

<font color="purple">Da Rock had been quiet all night... Never really bumped into him in a hand for the 40+ hands i was on the table w/ him. I played against him a few times before, but his name didn't ring a bell. The stats I was looking at, however, did. This is my question. When facing a raise upstream, I have never cold-called w/ AKo. I have always raised it. But facing a rock w/ these stats, I automatically put him on one of 3 hands, AA, KK, or QQ. (The QQ was iffy, since he limped w/ JJ, but this was a black hole, as other players hadn't called him down when he raised pf). Is it correct to cold-call here?</font>

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Da Rock bets</font>, Hero folds.

<font color="purple">OK... let's review the hands that Da Rock may be on. AA (can't beat), KK (can't beat), QQ (can't beat). I believe that I'm drawing dead at this point. Is the fold here correct? (The day after, this is the first thing I thought about when I woke up, so I guess this is bothering me.</font>

Fnord
09-07-2004, 07:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it correct to cold-call here?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Fold and count all the chips Poker Tracker just saved you.

AA - Destroyed
KK - Dominated
QQ/JJ - Slight dog
AK - Split

Also consider, that he may not give your TPTK action when he's beat, but you will sometimes pay him off when he hits a set.

Georgia Peach
09-07-2004, 04:01 PM
It's possible the Rock got tired of sitting out and raised with crap. But his crap could include a 9 or Q. I think your fold was the right thing to do.

Fnord
09-07-2004, 04:10 PM
It's possible he'll crack a set of Queens with runner Aces. It's possible the "Rock" wasn't raising pre-flop because he got dealt 200 straight hands of crap. The important question is, "Is this situation profitable." That test fails pre-flop. You have good data here, use it.