PDA

View Full Version : Liz and Sam

jwvdcw
09-07-2004, 02:48 AM
Liz is high on the table with two pair: Aces and Tens. She goes all in. Sam has aces and nines. He has no choice but to go all in. Here comes the river. Lets see if it helps. And yes it does, a nine, and Sam is the Texas Hold Em Champion!

Stew
09-07-2004, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Liz is high on the table with two pair: Aces and Tens. She goes all in. Sam has aces and nines. He has no choice but to go all in. Here comes the river. Lets see if it helps. And yes it does, a nine, and Sam is the Texas Hold Em Champion!

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about?

jwvdcw
09-07-2004, 07:00 PM
ever watch WSOP on ESPN?

Stew
09-07-2004, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ever watch WSOP on ESPN?

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back to football guys dik, you don't answer a question with a question, or did your mom forget to teach you manners.

Anyway, to answer your question, I've seen every episode at least three times and I'm not talking about this year, I'm talking about all episodes of the WSOP ever shown, including the ones on Discovery and so forth. So, WTF are you talking about?

jwvdcw
09-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Whats wrong with you? Why the need to insult people?

Well if you've watched ESPN's WSOP, then you've definitely seen this at least 20 times and probably more.

And by the way...answering a question with another question is known as the Socratic method. But I'm sure you're smarter than Socrates, so I shouldn't waste your time with such nonsense /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Airpoaneman
09-07-2004, 08:38 PM
Yes that is true, but this is not a college course. And if you want discussion you should talk about something everyone has seen sir.

Ryner
09-07-2004, 08:45 PM
What the hell is going on here?

jwvdcw
09-07-2004, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes that is true, but this is not a college course. And if you want discussion you should talk about something everyone has seen sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to teach college. But he acted as if I was being insulting or rude by using the Socratic method.

jwvdcw
09-07-2004, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe nobody has seen this. Its only on 50 times every WSOP episode!

jwvdcw
09-07-2004, 09:18 PM
9:17pm est on 9/7/04...were you watching ESPN then? If so, you know.

Stew
09-07-2004, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I wasn't, which is why I have no clue what you are talking about. Quit posting drivel and just tell me what the hell you are talking about.

BTW, Socratic or not, it's still rude.

Stew
09-07-2004, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I have a Tivo and watch these at my leisure and if you're talking about a commercial, forget it b/c I FF through those.

Quit posting drivel and just tell me what the hell you are talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

jwvdcw
09-07-2004, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I wasn't, which is why I have no clue what you are talking about. Quit posting drivel and just tell me what the hell you are talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't understand why its rude to use one of our world's greatest thinkers as a model for discussion. However, you seem to think I was rude...I apologize in that case.

jwvdcw
09-07-2004, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I wasn't

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize this is a senseless argument, but....

Yes it was!

If it wasn't as you say, then I'll ask you this: What exactly did you see on the tv at the time I specified?

Stew
09-07-2004, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I wasn't

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it was!

If it wasn't as you say, then I'll ask you this: What exactly did you see on the tv at the time I specified?

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You asked if I was watching, I said no I wasn't, not IT wasn't. Read dude, read, quit trying to Socratic and work on your literacy skills bro.

jwvdcw
09-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Sorry I thought you said 'No it wasn't'. Why are you so rude to me? Sorry that I made a mistake reading.

If you want to find out then how about actually watching?

Stew
09-07-2004, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I wasn't

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it was!

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You asked if I was watching, I said no I wasn't, not IT wasn't. Read dude, read, quit trying to Socratic and work on your literacy skills bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said, "No it wasn't'. Silly me...I assumed that since you were claiming to know that it wasn't on tv at that time that you had to actually be watching tv at that time. What a silly assumption!

Note: Sarcasm in full effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Return to Socratic skills please, your sarcasm sucks quite frankly.

jwvdcw
09-07-2004, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I wasn't

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it was!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You said, "No it wasn't'. Silly me...I assumed that since you were claiming to know that it wasn't on tv at that time that you had to actually be watching tv at that time. What a silly assumption!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif
I never said any of that.

Stew
09-07-2004, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I wasn't

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it was!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif
I never said any of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't unedit after someone has quoted you, troll.

Ryner
09-07-2004, 11:22 PM
I watched the shows and still dont know what this topic is all about.

B Dids
09-07-2004, 11:31 PM
Far as I can tell, he's saying we see a lot of suck outs. Mostly he just wants attention, and he's getting it.

Jsb
09-08-2004, 12:20 AM
my only guess is, is he talking about the hand they show when they show how the game of NLHE is played? the time sounds about right, and we do see it every freaking episode. for seeing it every episode though, i can't remember the actual hand, so i am probably wrong. just a guess, thinking of this as a riddle.

ohgeetee
09-08-2004, 12:22 AM
I watch the WSOP whenver its on as well and I have no clue wtf this guy is talking about, and the hand doesn't make any sense.

to jv:

why dont you just explain it instead of being a donkey?:

Nottom
09-08-2004, 12:30 AM
I think the fact that you have become a poo-bah without making any worthwhile posts on these forums is pretty impressive.

Tyler Durden
09-08-2004, 12:35 AM
I used to think you were a decent poster and not mentally impaired.

nolanfan34
09-08-2004, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll throw out a guess. He's referring to a commercial, but doesn't realize it's one that only airs in his local market, therefore meaning the rest of us haven't likely seen it.

What do I win?

EnderW27
09-08-2004, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do I win?

[/ QUOTE ]

The nuts!
Or a nut.

Maybe just an almond shell.
Here The Cheat, you win a trophy!

fsuplayer
09-08-2004, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my only guess is, is he talking about the hand they show when they show how the game of NLHE is played?

[/ QUOTE ]

That hand is K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif vs A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif

flop: k /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
turn:Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
river:10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

K10 wins.

at least i think thats how it goes down.
either way, i watch way too much poker.

fsuplayer

ohgeetee
09-08-2004, 02:14 AM
that would make sense, that clip is like 40 seconds long and i skip it and the hand rankings everytime they come up.

those who watch poker without replaytv or tivo have it hard.

300CE24
09-08-2004, 04:13 AM
This must be the thread of the year. At least if we throw in some gossip about Annie Duke and Phil Hellmuth it's bound to be. Anyway here's my contribution:

-Annie Duke is hot but she's a real bitch. I would love to shag her like Ben Affleck did.

- Phil Hellmuth is an overgrown kid and I would like to give him a good workover. No way he will ever shag Annie Duke.

Burno
09-08-2004, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll throw out a guess. He's referring to a commercial, but doesn't realize it's one that only airs in his local market, therefore meaning the rest of us haven't likely seen it.

What do I win?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing.

jwvdcw
09-08-2004, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to think you were a decent poster and not mentally impaired.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you change your opinion based upon one thread? lighten up a little.

jwvdcw
09-08-2004, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the fact that you have become a poo-bah without making any worthwhile posts on these forums is pretty impressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you kidding me? Sure I don't take threads in this forum too seriously, but I've posted tons of worthwhile stuff in many of the other forums. I'm a regular poster in the other poker, MTT, books/software, other gambling, sports betting, other topics, and internet forums. Why the need to make fun of me?

Sundevils21
09-09-2004, 12:11 AM
jwvdcw made a weak attempt at whitty humor and nobody understood/thought it was funny. However, he is definatly a quality poster imho.

daryn
09-09-2004, 12:34 AM
it was weak, but he never did explain it for anyone who had not seen whatever he was talking about. it's possible that whatever he's talking about was only shown in his neck of the woods.

Sundevils21
09-09-2004, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it was weak, but he never did explain it for anyone who had not seen whatever he was talking about. it's possible that whatever he's talking about was only shown in his neck of the woods.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't understand it for the first 20 posts or so. Then somebody finally figured it out

daryn
09-09-2004, 12:46 AM
who was it? what was the deal??

ohgeetee
09-09-2004, 02:46 AM
I think he is talking about the hand that htey explain texas holdem on each WSOP episode.

still not sure, because not skipping through it just doesn't come naturally.

daryn
09-09-2004, 02:57 AM
def. not it.

Sundevils21
09-09-2004, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
who was it? what was the deal??

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that it was the tutorial hand for Texas Hold'em on the WSOP. Looking at it, you're right it's not that hand. If I recall the WSOP hand has K10 that rivers a boat.

This is a very confusing thread, but nonetheless I respect the original poster. Most of his posts are informative.

gergery
09-09-2004, 03:36 AM
It's pretty obvious that most didn't get this very weak attempt at humor, and also obvious they wanted a simple explanation, and not smart-ass replies.

jwvdcw
09-09-2004, 01:30 PM
No. This thread is not an attempt at humor, as theres nothing funny about it.

Officer Farva
09-09-2004, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Well if you've watched ESPN's WSOP, then you've definitely seen this at least 20 times and probably more.

And by the way...answering a question with another question is known as the Socratic method. But I'm sure you're smarter than Socrates, so I shouldn't waste your time with such nonsense /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not the Socratic method. The Socratic method involves the teacher leading the students to insight thorugh a series of questions and does not neccesarily involve answering questions by more questions.

B Dids
09-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Whatever you were attempting, you've failed to make your point. Any number of smart people haven't been able to grasp what you're getting at. Give up the goods already.

razor
09-09-2004, 01:48 PM
Liz & Sam (http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~lipoff/friends/graduation/Liz%20and%20Sam.html)

daryn
09-09-2004, 01:53 PM
wow, that guy really likes asian women. maybe i should visit harvard more often.

jwvdcw
09-09-2004, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is not the Socratic method. The Socratic method involves the teacher leading the students to insight thorugh a series of questions and does not neccesarily involve answering questions by more questions.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. He asked what my intial post was about. I asked him if hes ever watched the WSOP on ESPN, obviously implying that he would see it if he did, which was leading him to the answer. I would've continued my series of questions, but he suddenly became angry saying, "Didn't your mother ever teach you manners" /images/graemlins/confused.gif

B Dids
09-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Dude, everybody here is smart enough to get your little "Socratic Method" joke. It's time to realize that you're a shitty teacher, and that you've done a poor job of framing your initial question.

That and you're being a dick.

jwvdcw
09-09-2004, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, everybody here is smart enough to get your little "Socratic Method" joke. It's time to realize that you're a shitty teacher, and that you've done a poor job of framing your initial question.

That and you're being a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why am I a dick? What am I doing? I honestly don't understand where the hatred is coming from /images/graemlins/confused.gif

razor
09-09-2004, 02:54 PM
uh... NO ONE knows WTF you are talking about and you don't seem at all interested in explaining...

B Dids
09-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Because feigning ignorance is dickish. Nobody believes that you don't understand this, no matter how /images/graemlins/confused.gifs you include in your post.

I'm sure you find this all very funny, but as you can see, you're erroding your reputation as a serious poster in this thread. I'm not sure why you'd want to destroy that goodwill just to make a point.

niagarapoker
09-09-2004, 03:06 PM
I can't believe I just wasted 5 minutes of my life trying to figure out WTF this thread is about

jwvdcw
09-09-2004, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because feigning ignorance is dickish. Nobody believes that you don't understand this, no matter how /images/graemlins/confused.gifs you include in your post.

I'm sure you find this all very funny, but as you can see, you're erroding your reputation as a serious poster in this thread. I'm not sure why you'd want to destroy that goodwill just to make a point.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. I'm honestly confused, but I guess I'll stop 'feigning ignorance.'

I apologize for whatever I've done wrong. I really don't see how I could offend so many people about a silly online message board since I've never once insulted anyone or been out of line.

Up until this point(I guess), I have indeed been a quality poster here(take a look at some of my posts if you want) and I don't want to tarnish that. Therefore, I'm just going to suck it up and apologize and leave it at that. Sorry for anything I've done wrong. Please don't hold it against me.

swimfan
09-09-2004, 05:01 PM
man, that guy is living my lapdance dream.

mikeyvegas
09-09-2004, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe I just wasted 5 minutes of my life trying to figure out WTF this thread is about

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all about Liz and Sam (http://www.wiredjazz.com/formal/sam-and-liz.jpg).

Nottom
09-09-2004, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a regular poster in the other poker, MTT, books/software, other gambling, sports betting, other topics, and internet forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, no worthwhile posts. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ohgeetee
09-10-2004, 02:15 AM
And you still don't explain the post. I hope this was worth the excitement in your prepubescent wet dreams, punchy.

Basically your little tirade started off as "haha im going to post an obscure WSOP commercial reference on the WPT forum at 2+2 because I have to pass the time while my chafing cools down, and everyone will think its hilarious and clever!"

Then no one got it, and someone pointed out that it is probably because the reference is to some ad for a sheep farm in idaho that you grew up on raising future sex conquests of the baaahhhhd variety.

Act 3 involves you now pretending to not understand why people would be frustrated with your retardation, and continuing to not explain your families lifelong business of raising farm animals for human pleasure.

jwvdcw
09-10-2004, 09:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And you still don't explain the post. I hope this was worth the excitement in your prepubescent wet dreams, punchy.

Basically your little tirade started off as "haha im going to post an obscure WSOP commercial reference on the WPT forum at 2+2 because I have to pass the time while my chafing cools down, and everyone will think its hilarious and clever!"

Then no one got it, and someone pointed out that it is probably because the reference is to some ad for a sheep farm in idaho that you grew up on raising future sex conquests of the baaahhhhd variety.

Act 3 involves you now pretending to not understand why people would be frustrated with your retardation, and continuing to not explain your families lifelong business of raising farm animals for human pleasure.

[/ QUOTE ]

calm down....big man you are to insult someone over the internet. What have I ever done to you? Relax man.

Ghazban
09-10-2004, 09:57 AM
People would be siginificantly less pissed at you if you just explained your original post.

jwvdcw
09-10-2004, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
People would be siginificantly less pissed at you if you just explained your original post.

[/ QUOTE ]

People got all pissed and everything when I tried to explain it, so I just said "Fine. I'm done with it. Forgive me if I've done anything wrong. I apologize if I was out of line. It won't happen again. Please don't hold it against me."

jwvdcw
09-10-2004, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. I'm honestly confused, but I guess I'll stop 'feigning ignorance.'

I apologize for whatever I've done wrong. I really don't see how I could offend so many people about a silly online message board since I've never once insulted anyone or been out of line.

Up until this point(I guess), I have indeed been a quality poster here(take a look at some of my posts if you want) and I don't want to tarnish that. Therefore, I'm just going to suck it up and apologize and leave it at that. Sorry for anything I've done wrong. Please don't hold it against me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is the exact post where I just said, "Ok, forget it all. Sorry if I did anything wrong. I'm through with it all."

razor
09-10-2004, 10:44 AM
uh... please direct me to the post where you tried to explain the original post...

Ghazban
09-10-2004, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
uh... please direct me to the post where you tried to explain the original post...

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see it either /images/graemlins/confused.gif

jwvdcw
09-10-2004, 11:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With my second post, I replied to him, "ever watch WSOP on ESPN? ", obviously implying that it was had something to do with that.

He then could've asked, "Is it the nuts?", "Is it something from your home game that has to do with the WSOP?", "Is it a commercial?", "Is it a hand at the WSOP that wasn't televised?", and so on and so on.

I was in the process of revealing the answer. But he replied, "Go back to football guys dik, you don't answer a question with a question, or did your mom forget to teach you manners."

I didn't come here to be insulted or to exchange petty insults. I considered my business with him done at that moment.

razor
09-10-2004, 11:35 AM
asking 'ever watch WSOP on ESPN?' can hardly be considered to have 'tried to explain it'...

This is a most curious thread....

Sundevils21
09-10-2004, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't come here to be insulted or to exchange petty insults. I considered my business with him done at that moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

fine.
Now tell everybody else who wasn't "him" what the fkuc you're talking about.
I don't really care I was just interested. I guess you don't have tell what you were talking about if you don't want to. You could have the whole attitude of...
*Im taking my ball and going home*

Ghazban
09-10-2004, 11:37 AM
OK, so you're business with one poster is done (as you put it). Now how about you explain your original post to the rest of us?

swimfan
09-10-2004, 01:45 PM
ok. i'll bite...does it involve lapdances with asian girls?

MTScupper
09-10-2004, 02:44 PM
Can we be whiny in here?

maurile
09-10-2004, 03:00 PM
LOL at this thread.

Before reading this thread, I had no idea who Liz and Sam were, but the two people who posted pics were very helpful. Thanks.

The Socratic method involves asking questions, but not in response to someone else's question. (Moreover, asking a question cannot be deemed an attempted explanation.)

Annie Duke is hotter than 98% of all Asian women, but she's not as hot as Erin Ness.

Erin Ness, on the other hand, is not as hot as Shana Hiatt.

daryn
09-10-2004, 03:03 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Annie Duke is hotter than 98% of all Asian women, but she's not as hot as Erin Ness.

[/ QUOTE ]

from this statement, i can only deduce that you possess no eyeballs.

maurile
09-10-2004, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're saying you think Annie Duke is hotter than Erin Ness?

Berger
09-10-2004, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Liz is high

[/ QUOTE ]

I got it now. Thanks jw, that was fun.

daryn
09-10-2004, 03:10 PM
let me restate myself,

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Annie Duke is hotter than 98% of all Asian women

[/ QUOTE ]

dwt95
09-10-2004, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
let me restate myself,

[ QUOTE ]
Annie Duke is hotter than 98% of all Asian women

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i must agree with daryn here...sorry mt

maurile
09-10-2004, 03:21 PM
daryn, you only think Asian women are hot because you're a poker-playing nerd. I mean, an Asian woman walks into a poker room and you get all hot and bothered; but that same Asian woman out in the real world, like at a college frat party, would be nothing special at all.

Annie Duke and Erin Ness, on the other hand, are legitimately cute.

dwt95
09-10-2004, 03:27 PM
Annie Duke - legitimately cute.

NO NO NO a thousand time NO

memphis_aces
09-10-2004, 03:33 PM
I gotta pile on as well.... as yet another white guy who's got the yellow fever (and thankfully is dating a half-korean half-cherokee chick right now /images/graemlins/grin.gif), I must say that annie's got nothing on your average attractive asian chick...at least northeast asian. Many southeast asian chicks (vietnamese/filipino) look jacked up, however.

Oh....and BTW....what the hell is wrong with all you guys getting your panties in a bunch over jv's post. Slow day at the office?

Lighten up... you sound like a bunch of old hags...

B Dids
09-10-2004, 03:33 PM
It's like you're a crazy person.

schwza
09-10-2004, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my impression was that this is pointing out that WSOP/WPT wastes a huge % of their air-time showing cards get dealt after somebody's all-in. at least that's what i would be complaining about if i were complaining about WSOP/WPT, cause it's pretty uninteresting.

i like that we're all taking guesses about OP's intent like he's a great 18th century poet or something.

daryn
09-10-2004, 04:17 PM
not sure what that has to do with poker. asian girls make me melt, especially in a college setting.

good thing i've never been to a frat party.

jwvdcw
09-10-2004, 04:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The Socratic method involves asking questions, but not in response to someone else's question.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sure about this? I know that you know your stuff Maurile, so I don't question you a lot...but I could've swore that the Socratic method was specifically asking a series of questions in order to answer a question.

jwvdcw
09-10-2004, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can we be whiny in here?

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif Nice to see some FBGs stop on by!

swimfan
09-10-2004, 04:22 PM
hmmmm. i'm kind enough to grant you a mulligan for temporary insanity. however, you can only use this mulligan once, so no killing sprees while little people are whispering in your ear for you!

maurile
09-10-2004, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not sure what that has to do with poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't mind me; I was just parodying some comments that were made in one of the Erin Ness threads.

dana33
09-10-2004, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The Socratic method involves asking questions, but not in response to someone else's question.

[/ QUOTE ]
You sure about this? I know that you know your stuff Maurile, so I don't question you a lot...but I could've swore that the Socratic method was specifically asking a series of questions in order to answer a question.

[/ QUOTE ]

From this link (http://www.wec.ufl.edu/faculty/SievingK/Using%20Socratic%20Method.ppt):

The Socratic Method:

Usually, as depicted in Plato’s Dialogues, three elements are evident:

A problem is presented. Quite often it is a question of definition, e.g., What is justice? What is the good life? Etc.

Through a series of questions, seemingly simple yet apparently brilliant to the observers, Socrates demonstrates the fallacies or weaknesses of the definition argued.

Generally, the dialectic, or dialogue, ends without an agreed upon solution. Usually, all conclude that they must pursue the truth more vigorously.

In at least one respect, this thread resembles a Socratic dialog: "Generally, the dialectic, or dialogue, ends without an agreed upon solution." (Namely, a solution to the question, "WTF is this thread about?")

daryn
09-10-2004, 04:34 PM
those made sense /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

whiskeytown
09-10-2004, 04:57 PM
N/M

jwvdcw
09-10-2004, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From this link (http://www.wec.ufl.edu/faculty/SievingK/Using%20Socratic%20Method.ppt):

The Socratic Method:

Usually, as depicted in Plato’s Dialogues, three elements are evident:

A problem is presented. Quite often it is a question of definition, e.g., What is justice? What is the good life? Etc.

Through a series of questions, seemingly simple yet apparently brilliant to the observers, Socrates demonstrates the fallacies or weaknesses of the definition argued.

Generally, the dialectic, or dialogue, ends without an agreed upon solution. Usually, all conclude that they must pursue the truth more vigorously.

In at least one respect, this thread resembles a Socratic dialog: "Generally, the dialectic, or dialogue, ends without an agreed upon solution." (Namely, a solution to the question, "WTF is this thread about?")

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the help...good work.

JeffO
09-10-2004, 05:02 PM
I got sick of reading the thread.

Did this guy ever explain wtf he was talking about?

daryn
09-10-2004, 05:08 PM
no, and never will /images/graemlins/frown.gif

maurile
09-10-2004, 05:11 PM
The Socratic method is a method of teaching by asking leading questions designed to make the student think things through for himself and arrive at the correct answer by careful analysis.

If you're trying to teach someone why it's correct to call a turn bet with an inside straight draw getting 12:1 from the pot, the Socratic method will do just fine. Ask him how much he'll lose when he loses; how much he'll win when he wins; how often he'll lose and how often he'll win, etc.

But if you're trying to teach someone what the capital of Vermont is, the Socratic method will be totally useless since that's not something that can be figured out by careful analysis. It has to be memorized.

Liz and Sam are like the capital of Vermont. Stew asked who they were because he didn't know, so asking him about his TV-viewing habits was unlikely to help him figure it out.

This put Stew on tilt, causing him to call you a dik in the same sentence in which he extolled good manners. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

fnurt
09-10-2004, 05:18 PM
This is correct. The premise is that you already have all the information you need to reach the correct answer, but you don't know how to work it out for yourself, so Socrates will lead you there step-by-step, so that next time you understand the correct reasoning process. It's not supposed to be a game of 20 Questions where you guess at something you have no idea about.

daryn
09-10-2004, 05:26 PM
right.. in the case of something you have to just know, like the capital of vermont, or liz and sam, the socratic method will only get you punched in the face.

sadly, nobody ever got punched in the face over the internet. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mars357
09-10-2004, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
-Annie Duke is hot but she's a real bitch. I would love to shag her like Ben Affleck did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where the HELL are you from? The women there must be a special kind of ugly because Annie Duke is FAR from hot. At least compared to these women down here in Texas....

tommy300
09-10-2004, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL at this thread.

Before reading this thread, I had no idea who Liz and Sam were, but the two people who posted pics were very helpful. Thanks.

The Socratic method involves asking questions, but not in response to someone else's question. (Moreover, asking a question cannot be deemed an attempted explanation.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Good info here! J/K, Annie Duke is not hot. Mrs. Hiatt on the other hand is a total snicky...

Everyone, get off jw.....

jwvdcw
09-10-2004, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Oh....and BTW....what the hell is wrong with all you guys getting your panties in a bunch over jv's post. Slow day at the office?

Lighten up... you sound like a bunch of old hags...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you so much!

I understand getting a little upset if someone is being blatantly disrespectful, but I really find if funny how people can get so irate over something so petty.

razor
09-10-2004, 08:01 PM
who's getting irate? inquiring minds just wanna know what's up with Liz &amp; Sam...

and what's so trivial about Liz? Have you seen her (http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~lipoff/friends/graduation/Liz%20and%20Sam.html)?

ThaSaltCracka
09-10-2004, 08:13 PM
why the hell are you guys even replying to this bull [censored]. He is just trolling. This is easily the dumbest post of the year, no joke.

jwvdcw
09-10-2004, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why the hell are you guys even replying to this bull [censored]. He is just trolling. This is easily the dumbest post of the year, no joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel ridiculous having to defend my reputation, but you're ridiculous so I guess I will. Go take a look at some of my posts. Look at how much info I've posted in the sports betting, look at the coversation I've started in short handed/heads up, I start thread in the multi forum for nearly every big online tourney, I will venture into the beginner's forum to help out, and so on and so on. I never post stuff in the wrong forum. I've never insulted anyone, DESPITE BEING INSULTED SEVERAL TIMES IN THIS THREAD.

Yet you label me a troll. Why? What have I ever done to you? So you don't like this thread....fine! Its one thread. Click your back button and move on. Some people like it...they're the ones that'll post in it. Nobodys holding a gun to your head, so please stop with the petty insults and just be on your way.

ThaSaltCracka
09-10-2004, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yet you label me a troll. Why?

[/ QUOTE ] You are def. doing that in this thread.

Anal Police
09-10-2004, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel ridiculous having to defend my reputation, but you're ridiculous so I guess I will. Go take a look at some of my posts. Look at how much info I've posted in the sports betting, look at the coversation I've started in short handed/heads up, I start thread in the multi forum for nearly every big online tourney, I will venture into the beginner's forum to help out, and so on and so on. I never post stuff in the wrong forum. I've never insulted anyone, DESPITE BEING INSULTED SEVERAL TIMES IN THIS THREAD.

Yet you label me a troll. Why? What have I ever done to you? So you don't like this thread....fine! Its one thread. Click your back button and move on. Some people like it...they're the ones that'll post in it. Nobodys holding a gun to your head, so please stop with the petty insults and just be on your way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you need a tissue, you little baby. Pull your panties up, grow some chest hair and be a man.

jwvdcw
09-10-2004, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yet you label me a troll. Why?

[/ QUOTE ] You are def. doing that in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

How? I don't understand!

If you don't like it then just go away and read something else. For someone who claims to hate thie so much, you sure are posting a lot in it.

jwvdcw
09-10-2004, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you need a tissue, you little baby. Pull your panties up, grow some chest hair and be a man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Insults over the internet...big man, you are.

daryn
09-10-2004, 09:39 PM
why don't you reply to any of the posters asking you what this is all about?

since you have not, but keep bringing up other issues, most people see that as trolling.

jwvdcw
09-10-2004, 09:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why don't you reply to any of the posters asking you what this is all about?

since you have not, but keep bringing up other issues, most people see that as trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. Thank you for someone finally explaining. I was too busy dealing with all of the nonsense issues to focus on the actual point of this thread...lol.

Ok...I'll address those questions now.

jwvdcw
09-10-2004, 09:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, so you're business with one poster is done (as you put it). Now how about you explain your original post to the rest of us?

[/ QUOTE ]

ever watch WSOP on ESPN?

jwvdcw
09-10-2004, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This must be the thread of the year. At least if we throw in some gossip about Annie Duke and Phil Hellmuth it's bound to be. Anyway here's my contribution:

- Phil Hellmuth is an overgrown kid and I would like to give him a good workover. No way he will ever shag Annie Duke.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

razor
09-10-2004, 10:00 PM
no

jwvdcw
09-10-2004, 10:04 PM
"The Socratic method is a method of teaching by asking leading questions designed to make the student think things through for himself and arrive at the correct answer by careful analysis.

If you're trying to teach someone why it's correct to call a turn bet with an inside straight draw getting 12:1 from the pot, the Socratic method will do just fine. Ask him how much he'll lose when he loses; how much he'll win when he wins; how often he'll lose and how often he'll win, etc.

But if you're trying to teach someone what the capital of Vermont is, the Socratic method will be totally useless since that's not something that can be figured out by careful analysis. It has to be memorized.

Liz and Sam are like the capital of Vermont. Stew asked who they were because he didn't know, so asking him about his TV-viewing habits was unlikely to help him figure it out. "

Very interesting. So basically, you can only teach someone something they already know using the Socratic method.

Am I correct in assuming that this is what you're saying?

Well then....if somebody has seen/heard of this, but they don't remember it, then I can indeed use the Socratic method.

razor
09-10-2004, 10:09 PM
master troll... nice job.

Dynasty
09-10-2004, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel ridiculous having to defend my reputation, but you're ridiculous so I guess I will. Go take a look at some of my posts....Yet you label me a troll. Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority of your posts are indeed normal. But, there is little doubt that you often troll on these boards. Since you asked to look at your posts, I quickly read some of the threads you started.

9/6 poll "Who carries the weight?" (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=tv&amp;Number=997473&amp;Forum=All _Forums&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=99999&amp;Main=99747 3&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=8787&amp;daterange=1&amp; newerval=1&amp;newertype=y&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;bodypr ev=#Post997473)
In this thread, you show the same tendancy not to respond to the legitimate questions of a poster

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no clue what you are talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly don't you understand?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Calling out" another poster (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=tv&amp;Number=956049&amp;Forum=All _Forums&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=99999&amp;Main=95604 9&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=8787&amp;daterange=1&amp; newerval=1&amp;newertype=y&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;bodypr ev=#Post956049)
A classic sign of trolling is being confrontational with another poster for silly reasons. In the thread, you said:

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are missing the point. Erostratus, regularly brags about Gus' wins, even when he gets lucky. So since Gus' play totally backfired, and he lost as a huge underdog, I feel obligated to turn the tables on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You request to be called "O' Queen Bee" (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=gossip&amp;Number=848314&amp;Forum =All_Forums&amp;Words=request&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=99999 &amp;Main=848314&amp;Search=true&amp;where=sub&amp;Name=8787&amp;dater ange=1&amp;newerval=1&amp;newertype=y&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype= &amp;bodyprev=#Post848314)
Here's what you said. It speaks for itself.

[ QUOTE ]
I am the queen bee. Therefore, I would appriciate it if everytime someone here responds to me or wishes to address me that they type "O' Queen Bee" before their message. Thank you very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found those in a quick five minute search. I'm sure there are many more examples, especially since I simply made a quick search only of threads you started.

It's obvious you understand that others in this thead simply wanted to understand what your original post meant. Yet, you've intentionally trolled the thread for days.

You need to appreciate that this is going to influence how people view you and, therefore, how they respond to any requests you make in the future. I'm very fortunate to get quick feedback from many people on these boards when I need help because I've established a reputation over the last several years of helping others.

You've asked many questions in threads already and I expect you to make more in the future. But, you shouldn't expect others to be very eager to help you.

Ghazban
09-10-2004, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ever watch WSOP on ESPN?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

fnurt
09-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Be that as it may, it was kind of rude of you not to address him as O' Queen Bee.

deuces09
09-10-2004, 10:53 PM
This thread sucks, I want my money back!

jwvdcw
09-10-2004, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I feel ridiculous having to defend my reputation, but you're ridiculous so I guess I will. Go take a look at some of my posts....Yet you label me a troll. Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority of your posts are indeed normal. But, there is little doubt that you often troll on these boards. Since you asked to look at your posts, I quickly read some of the threads you started.

9/6 poll "Who carries the weight?" (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=tv&amp;Number=997473&amp;Forum=All _Forums&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=99999&amp;Main=99747 3&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=8787&amp;daterange=1&amp; newerval=1&amp;newertype=y&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;bodypr ev=#Post997473)
In this thread, you show the same tendancy not to respond to the legitimate questions of a poster

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no clue what you are talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly don't you understand?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Calling out" another poster (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=tv&amp;Number=956049&amp;Forum=All _Forums&amp;Words=&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=99999&amp;Main=95604 9&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=8787&amp;daterange=1&amp; newerval=1&amp;newertype=y&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;bodypr ev=#Post956049)
A classic sign of trolling is being confrontational with another poster for silly reasons. In the thread, you said:

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are missing the point. Erostratus, regularly brags about Gus' wins, even when he gets lucky. So since Gus' play totally backfired, and he lost as a huge underdog, I feel obligated to turn the tables on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You request to be called "O' Queen Bee" (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=gossip&amp;Number=848314&amp;Forum =All_Forums&amp;Words=request&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=99999 &amp;Main=848314&amp;Search=true&amp;where=sub&amp;Name=8787&amp;dater ange=1&amp;newerval=1&amp;newertype=y&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype= &amp;bodyprev=#Post848314)
Here's what you said. It speaks for itself.

[ QUOTE ]
I am the queen bee. Therefore, I would appriciate it if everytime someone here responds to me or wishes to address me that they type "O' Queen Bee" before their message. Thank you very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found those in a quick five minute search. I'm sure there are many more examples, especially since I simply made a quick search only of threads you started.

It's obvious you understand that others in this thead simply wanted to understand what your original post meant. Yet, you've intentionally trolled the thread for days.

You need to appreciate that this is going to influence how people view you and, therefore, how they respond to any requests you make in the future. I'm very fortunate to get quick feedback from many people on these boards when I need help because I've established a reputation over the last several years of helping others.

You've asked many questions in threads already and I expect you to make more in the future. But, you shouldn't expect others to be very eager to help you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the kind words and polite post. I appricaite it.

Allow me to address those examples:

Erostrastus is a huge Gus Hansen fan and is always rubbing it in our faces when he wins. So I turned the tables and bragged when he lost. I think everyone understood that it was light hearted and all in good fun. I would hardly call that 'being confrontational' as you said. I hope you don't hold that against me.

Person A:I don't understand.
Person B:What exactly don't you understand about it?
I really don't see anything wrong with that exchange, although I'll freely admit that my intial post was a little vague in that thread.

Queen Bee...thats my nickname. I posted it in the News,Views, and Gossip section...Whats so wrong with a little fun in that section? I would never post anything like that in one of the serious sections. There are tons of crazy posts in that forum and in other topics. I don't see a problem with that.

Sure I occassionally jest such as in the Queen Bee or in the Calling out Erostratus threads...but its always in good nature and placed in the proper forums.

Anyway, I appriciate your polite thoughts.

I realize that people don't fully understand what I meant by my initial post. BUT PLEASE UNDERSTAND WHERE I'M COMING FROM. WHEN YOU MAKE A POST, TRY TO BEGIN TO EXPLAIN IT TO SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND, AND THEN HE INSULTS YOU AND CALLS YOU A DICK, YOU DON'T REALLY FEEL OBLIGATED TO CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION ANYMORE.

At that point I simply viewed it as a closed matter and didn't care if he didn't understand or not. He was a troll to me! I'm sorry, but I have too much pride to carry on a conversation with someone who is insulting me.

Then tons of other people jumped in, calling me a troll, and demanding that I explain it. Go look at the first page of this thread...look at how many nasty replies there are. Now I'm not crying like one person said(again a nasty reply)...I'm simply saying that I don't feel like sitting down and explaining stuff to the very people who are insulting me.

With that said, several people like you have been very nice and polite and I will gladly explain it to them. I'm out for tonight, but I'll probably be back on tomorrow afternoon, when I will answer any questions. Goodnight.

jwvdcw
09-10-2004, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Be that as it may, it was kind of rude of you not to address him as O' Queen Bee.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jake (The Snake)
09-10-2004, 11:14 PM
I see 100+ responses and I expect to find something useful but instead I find pointless garbage. Just stop responding!

Ummm.... please ignore the fact that I just posted too.

Wahoo91
09-10-2004, 11:50 PM
ever watch WSOP on ESPN?

<font color="blue">Go back to football guys dik, you don't answer a question with a question, or did your mom forget to teach you manners. So, WTF are you talking about? </font>

It seems clear that Stew initiated the problems here. I can't understand why Stew has not recieved any blame in this whole incident.

or did your mom forget to teach you manners. So, WTF are you talking about?

Am I the only one who sees the irony here?

I am not sure I want any etiquette lessons from Stew's mom if its wrong to answer a question with a question, but its ok to curse at someone. LOL.

BTW, Annie Duke is not hot in the least. However, she is a fountain of beauty in a wasteland of attractiveness at a typical poker tournament. Its all relative...

Wahoo91
09-11-2004, 12:01 AM
BTW just to clarify, my opinion is not about Stew personally. I like Stew a lot.

I just find it interesting in this whole debate that jw has taken 100% of the worst of it and I am not sure that is his real *pot equity* in this situation.

Ionphore
09-11-2004, 12:06 AM
I think this thread taught me the meaning of life...
What an epiphany, I will go kill myself now...

LargeCents
09-11-2004, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry. I just busted my gut laughing when I got to this point in the thread. It's bad enough reading two idiots bash each other over the head with assumed education or intelligence, but then some guy wanders in with this post. Tears are literally streaming down my face guys, you guys really are too much.

razor
09-11-2004, 01:00 AM
Let me guess, those of you that didn't enjoy this thread, didn't enjoy the movie Gerry either...

ThaSaltCracka
09-11-2004, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How? I don't understand!

If you don't like it then just go away and read something else. For someone who claims to hate thie so much, you sure are posting a lot in it.

[/ QUOTE ]
??? This is my second post in this complte non sense thread. Anyone who continues to post, i seriously question your intelligence and sexuality.

TxBuckeye
09-11-2004, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How? I don't understand!

[/ QUOTE ]
??? This is my second post in this complte [complete] non sense [nonsense] thread. Anyone who continues to post, i [I] seriously question your intelligence and sexuality.

[/ QUOTE ]

banditdad
09-11-2004, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL at this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy is always going on about Erin Ness. I have googled her name and can find no pictures of her, only a reference to a NCAA tennis player and a stripper. Someone send me a link, I want to see what this character thinks is hot.

BTW, I'd take a real woman like Annie Duke over a barbie doll like Shana Hiatt any day.

banditdad
09-11-2004, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
who's getting irate? inquiring minds just wanna know what's up with Liz &amp; Sam...

and what's so trivial about Liz? Have you seen her (http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~lipoff/friends/graduation/Liz%20and%20Sam.html)?

[/ QUOTE ]

You think she's hot? I guess it'strue what they say about Canadians.

banditdad
09-11-2004, 03:36 PM
Reading over these posts, the use of icons, wanting to be called Queen Bee it occurs to me that jwvdcw might be a chick. In fact she might even be the mythical Liz.

Sponger15SB
09-11-2004, 03:38 PM
What the [censored] is the internet?

razor
09-11-2004, 03:50 PM
uh... just goofin' around in a ridiculous thread. my posts in this thread are not intended to indicate what I consider to be hot or not.

Wahoo91
09-11-2004, 04:26 PM
BTW, I'd take a real woman like Annie Duke over a barbie doll like Shana Hiatt any day.

I don't think we are talking about marriage. I would think that for one evening, most men would choose Shana.

For a longer term arrangement, Annie may very well be the better choice.

BTW bandit, you seem far angrier nowadays than you used to be.

Wahoo91
09-11-2004, 04:32 PM
BTW, Annie Duke is not hot in the least.

I wanted to clarify my statement here. While I do not find Annie *hot* (like I do Shana), Annie IS attractive.

banditdad
09-11-2004, 06:16 PM
I'm not angry. I find this thread incredibly funny. I do wonder why everyone breaks out their flame throwers so damn quick on this site. Even had one 2+2 poster try to carry his flaming to another site, fortunately they don't tolerate this kind of nonesense.

I see the same handful of posters flaming away at others over &amp; over again.

Martin Aigner
09-11-2004, 06:18 PM
I thought this thread is really worth a bump. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

banditdad
09-11-2004, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think we are talking about marriage. I would think that for one evening, most men would choose Shana.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that either of us will ever know, but I suspect that Annie might actually be more fun in bed. She just seems more open to me than Shana.

jwvdcw
09-13-2004, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ever watch WSOP on ESPN?

<font color="blue">Go back to football guys dik, you don't answer a question with a question, or did your mom forget to teach you manners. So, WTF are you talking about? </font>

It seems clear that Stew initiated the problems here. I can't understand why Stew has not recieved any blame in this whole incident.

I am not sure I want any etiquette lessons from Stew's mom if its wrong to answer a question with a question, but its ok to curse at someone. LOL.

BTW, Annie Duke is not hot in the least. However, she is a fountain of beauty in a wasteland of attractiveness at a typical poker tournament. Its all relative...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you so much! Finally someone sees my side of things. I guess other people think its kosher to insult others over the internet(enough people here seem to do it at least).

razor
09-13-2004, 12:37 PM
now that you feel better about your side of things being respected, perhaps you can take a brief moment to consider the side of everyone else here at 2+2 and explain what's up with Liz &amp; Sam... Apparently, no one else has a clue, from those who don't miss a second of WSOP on ESPN to those who do not (or can not) watch it.

jwvdcw
09-13-2004, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
now that you feel better about your side of things being respected, perhaps you can take a brief moment to consider the side of everyone else here at 2+2 and explain what's up with Liz &amp; Sam... Apparently, no one else has a clue, from those who don't miss a second of WSOP on ESPN to those who do not (or can not) watch it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem...ever watch WSOP on ESPN?

jwvdcw
09-13-2004, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would actually appriciate it if everyone did indeed address me in this manner. Not compeletly necessary, but it would be appriciated. TIA.

Ryner
09-13-2004, 07:38 PM
You suck.

razor
09-13-2004, 08:20 PM
uh... we covered that one already...

the answer is still NO.

Stew
09-13-2004, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ever watch WSOP on ESPN?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you so much! Finally someone sees my side of things. I guess other people think its kosher to insult others over the internet(enough people here seem to do it at least).

[/ QUOTE ]

You got insulted b/c you couldn't answer a simple question, which is WTF are you talking about. Instead, you tried to play games and be cute, which is a common MO for you over at Football Guys. BTW, the reason I don't get blamed is b/c I am not the one that initiated things, you did by not answering the question posed. You then complicated matters by alleging that you didn't post comments that you did make when I quoted them and that ruined your credibility. The bottom line is you still have not explained what it is you are talking about and keep asking people on a GD POKER FORUM if they watch the WSOP. What the hell do you think we watch, the darts show that is on Fox and the National Tiddly Winks Championship?

Quit being a troll and quit blame-shifting.

PS: I have no problems with Wahoo and respect his posts if he feels I initiated things, that's fine, I have no problem with that.

brassnuts
09-13-2004, 10:00 PM
I'd like to preface this by saying that it's not directed at any one person in particular.

Though I doubt Annie Duke would ever waste her time straying through this thread, she is an occasional poster on these forums. That being said, I find it incredibly rude how much I hear people expressing how unattractive they find her. She's not a professional model like Shana Hiatt; she is a professional poker player and a mother.

jwvdcw
09-13-2004, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ever watch WSOP on ESPN?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You got insulted b/c you couldn't answer a simple question, which is WTF are you talking about. Instead, you tried to play games and be cute, which is a common MO for you over at Football Guys. BTW, the reason I don't get blamed is b/c I am not the one that initiated things, you did by not answering the question posed. You then complicated matters by alleging that you didn't post comments that you did make when I quoted them and that ruined your credibility. The bottom line is you still have not explained what it is you are talking about and keep asking people on a GD POKER FORUM if they watch the WSOP. What the hell do you think we watch, the darts show that is on Fox and the National Tiddly Winks Championship?

PS: I have no problems with Wahoo and respect his posts if he feels I initiated things, that's fine, I have no problem with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

IN YOUR VERY FIRST POST YOU SWORE AT ME. Do you not know what the 'F' stands for in WTF? But even though you swore at me I still attempted to answer your question. I asked you if you had ever seen the show which I was talking about? How is that being a troll? Heres a similar conversation model:

Person A:I love Alex Trabeck.
Person B:WTF is Alex Trabeck?
Person A:Ever watch Jeopardy?
Person B:STFU you dick. Don't answer a question with a question! Go back to your old message board. Didn't your mother ever teach you manners?

That above conversation models ours nearly exactly. Explain to me what I did wrong.

jwvdcw
09-13-2004, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ever watch WSOP on ESPN?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah...and I'm not the one 'blame-shifting.' Someone else suggested that it was your fault and I merely agreed with them.

jwvdcw
09-13-2004, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to preface this by saying that it's not directed at any one person in particular.

Though I doubt Annie Duke would ever waste her time straying through this thread, she is an occasional poster on these forums. That being said, I find it incredibly rude how much I hear people expressing how unattractive they find her. She's not a professional model like Shana Hiatt; she is a professional poker player and a mother.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Shes not amazing looking; shes not terribly ugly. Shes simply an average looking person like many of us. Why does she continually get singled out? It'd be one thing if she was just some celebrity who none of us had ever come in contact with, but since she actually takes her time to post here, she deserves more respect than that imo.

jwvdcw
09-13-2004, 10:12 PM
"You got insulted b/c you couldn't answer a simple question, which is WTF are you talking about. "

Since when is using the Socratic method not answering a question? I'm willing to be that all of us do it all the time!

a: Who is Ed Norton?
b: Ever seen American History X or Fight Club?

a:Neo killed the bad guys.
b:What are you talking about?
a:Ever seen the Matrix?

I could give more and more examples about how we all use this in every day life. None of which I think would be deemed 'rude' by any person here. So your insults were most unnecessary and rude.

Wahoo91
09-13-2004, 10:22 PM
I have no problems with Wahoo and respect his posts if he feels I initiated things, that's fine, I have no problem with that.

In an independent reading of the kickoff of these posts I just thought it was odd that almost 100% sided against jw. I wasn't sure if it was becuase everyone knows jw from other incidents or not (if it was that it would explain a lot). It seemed slightly illogical to me that 100% would feel they way they did as it didn't seem so one sided when I read it.

(I don't have an issue with anything jw or Stew posted, it was everyone's reaction to the posts that I found interesting.)

However, I definately agree that jw has carried this pretty far at this point and he should simply explain. I do think that his starting back at the beginning again with his question is meant to aggravate everyone and stir this pot up again which I think may damage goodwill he may have remaining.

jwvdcw
09-13-2004, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You then complicated matters by alleging that you didn't post comments that you did make when I quoted them and that ruined your credibility. Also, I am gay and love naked men.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah because its so hard for you to fake quote me. You're the one fooling around here; not me. You're the one insulting me. Despite several insults from you, I've never said one bad word against you. Despite you misquoting me, I've never once done it to you except here to prove a point.

Bottom Line: If you don't like me or my thread, go read a different one. There are tons of differnet threads here for you to participate in. Why the need to ruin mine? If you don't like it then just hit your back button and leave.

Stew
09-13-2004, 10:24 PM
Blah Blah Blah, you same the same things over and over again.

Stew
09-13-2004, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You then complicated matters by alleging that you didn't post comments that you did make when I quoted them and that ruined your credibility. Also, I am gay and love naked men.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah because its so hard for you to fake quote me. You're the one fooling around here; not me. You're the one insulting me. Despite several insults from you, I've never said one bad word against you. Despite you misquoting me, I've never once done it to you except here to prove a point.

Bottom Line: If you don't like me or my thread, go read a different one. There are tons of differnet threads here for you to participate in. Why the need to ruin mine? If you don't like it then just hit your back button and leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't fake quote people jackass, again, quit blame-shifting.

Stew
09-13-2004, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you replying to me?

I never said anything about Annie Duke.

ohgeetee
09-13-2004, 10:40 PM
actually, the scenario has gone more like this...

b:WTF are you talking about?
b:What does that have to do with anything, can't you just explain it?
a:I'm teaching you via the socratic method
c:thats not the socratic method
a:i thought it was? well anyway he swore at me
d:ok, he is a dick for swearing at you, could you tell us what you meant?
a:i am offended by his swearing at me
e: ok could you tell us what you meant? we are sorry he was a dick
a:i cant right now but i will later after i have soothed my inner child
f:why can't you just post what you were talking about?
a:ever watched the matrix??
g:no, please explain your original post
a: ok i will later after i get back
a:he swore at me first
h: ok you're back, can you please explain your post to us?
a:im still offended
i:troll
a:why do you call me a troll?
j:could you just explain your post?
a:no i want to know why i am labelled a troll

AD NAUSEUM

Wahoo91
09-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Oh yeah...and I'm not the one 'blame-shifting.' Someone else suggested that it was your fault and I merely agreed with them.

jw-
My post does not "blame" anyone as I do not think there is anyone "at fault". I think people should have the right to post most anything within reason and common decency (I am not offended by cursing, I am talking about serious breaches of decency, e.g. racism, sexism, etc.). No posts here have offended me so that is not my interest in this.

I just thought it was odd that everyone sided against you so vehemently from the very beginning.

At this point, however, you really should consider telling everyone what your post was about. I think it will save you a lot of pain and agony, since it is clear that so many prefer Stew's side of the issue. I am familiar with Stew's posts, and I know he is a valued member of the forum. I know much less about your posts, but it seems you have a far less sizable fan base.

Cutting your losses now seems like the best strategy.

Wahoo91
09-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Wow-
That is a really good synopsis of events here.

razor
09-13-2004, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Person B:STFU you dick. Don't answer a question with a question! Go back to your old message board. Didn't your mother ever teach you manners?

That above conversation models ours nearly exactly. Explain to me what I did wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem as I see it is this.

Asking 'Ever watch Jeopardy?' makes sense because anyone who has ever watched the show knows who Trabeck is and anyone who had never seen Jeopardy would need only watch a few minutes of it to find out who Trabeck is. The only problem would be those who are not able to watch Jeopardy for whatever reason - in that case the pathetic soul in that sad situation would likely ask, 'hey what's the deal with Alex Trabeck, I can't get Jeopardy.' Presumably any reasonably person would respond with some sort explaination.

In your little Liz &amp; Sam story we have the initial story, the WTF question and then your 'ever watch WSOP on ESPN?' question. This does indeed seem like nearly exactly the same as the Trabeck bit. HOWEVER, Stew in his 2nd reply made it quite clear that he is VERY familiar with WSOP on ESPN yet has NO IDEA what you are talking about... Similarly, other posters who have seen WSOP on ESPN also have NO IDEA what you are talking... ADDITIONALLY, some posters would no doubt have had a chance to review recent episodes of WSOP on ESPN since this thread started for some clue about Liz &amp; Sam... Yet, NO ONE has been able to step forward and tell all of us clueless ones, what the deal is with Liz &amp; Sam...

So, NO your little Alex Trabeck analogy seems NOWHERE near similiar to your Liz and Sam bit.

btw, Stephanie Spadaccini RULES!!!!

razor
09-13-2004, 11:01 PM
hi oohgeetee

What's the deal with Liz &amp; Sam?

jwvdcw
09-13-2004, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

AD NAUSEUM

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you totally except that B's second response was a little(acutally a lot) more offensive that that. In that post he A.Called me a dick B.suggested that my mother did not raise me right and C.suggested that I leave this site and go to another message board.

But, overall you do a nice job of summing it all up. But heres a question I have for you:

Since we all know the matrix, it makes it an easy example. But can't you see how A's response of 'Havn't you seen the Matrix?" is in effect a good answer for the question. Obviously it will require more explaining, but it is a good way to start the explanation.

A:Havn't you see the Matrix?
B: Yes, but I still don't know what you're talking about.
A:Well Neo is the lead character.
B: Oh ok, I understand now.

What I'm totally baffled at is this: I WAS TRYING TO EXPLAIN MY POST IN THE EXACT MANNER I CITED ABOVE. THEN I GOT INSULTED BEYOND BELIEF! What on earth did I do wrong?

jwvdcw
09-13-2004, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That above conversation models ours nearly exactly. Explain to me what I did wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem as I see it is this.

Asking 'Ever watch Jeopardy?' makes sense because anyone who has ever watched the show knows who Trabeck is and anyone who had never seen Jeopardy would need only watch a few minutes of it to find out who Trabeck is. The only problem would be those who are not able to watch Jeopardy for whatever reason - in that case the pathetic soul in that sad situation would likely ask, 'hey what's the deal with Alex Trabeck, I can't get Jeopardy.' Presumably any reasonably person would respond with some sort explaination.

In your little Liz &amp; Sam story we have the initial story, the WTF question and then your 'ever watch WSOP on ESPN?' question. This does indeed seem like nearly exactly the same as the Trabeck bit. HOWEVER, Stew in his 2nd reply made it quite clear that he is VERY familiar with WSOP on ESPN yet has NO IDEA what you are talking about... Similarly, other posters who have seen WSOP on ESPN also have NO IDEA what you are talking... ADDITIONALLY, some posters would no doubt have had a chance to review recent episodes of WSOP on ESPN since this thread started for some clue about Liz &amp; Sam... Yet, NO ONE has been able to step forward and tell all of us clueless ones, what the deal is with Liz &amp; Sam...

So, NO your little Alex Trabeck analogy seems NOWHERE near similiar to your Liz and Sam bit.

btw, Stephanie Spadaccini RULES!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats fair enough. The reason that I thought it WOULD model the above more is because I thought that most people who had seen WSOP would know what I was talking about, when in reality only a select few appear to. That was an oversight on my fault, but I still don't see why I was totally insulted from the very beginning.

razor
09-13-2004, 11:11 PM
if this truely is a good synopsis of this thread then surely SOMEONE out there is able to tell me (someone who is not able to watch WSOP on ESPN) and Stew (someone who has seen most every WSOP on ESPN multiple times but apparently has major memory problems) what the deal is with Liz &amp; Sam....

jwvdcw
09-13-2004, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am familiar with Stew's posts, and I know he is a valued member of the forum. I know much less about your posts, but it seems you have a far less sizable fan base.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't care if Stew has a fan base. Hes immature imo and I don't care to deal with him. People that call people names like 'dik' and insult others mother's online are very low-class people imo. We have bashed people for over celebrating at the poker table or for not shaking someone's hand right away. Yet why do we allow someone to verbally assault someone like that and not say a word? Stew wouldn't say that to me if we were live in person or else we'd end up fighting. He can hide behind his monitor all day, but hes immature and low class in my book. I think I have handled myself with total class throughout this exchange. Go re-read all my posts and all of his and keep track of all of the needless insults that were exchanged.

I disagree about fanbase as well. Several people do indeed appriciate my input here. I have become friends with several people at the multi-table forums in particular. Sundevil came here to defend me, as have several FBGs. In fact here is a thread that appeared on FBGs the other day concerning this thread:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=103151

Some of the comments from that thread:

"Man, what is the deal with you getting flamed over at 2 + 2 ? The post that you started didn't seem like a big deal when I first read it but I checked it out today and people are just tearing into you. For what? Seems silly to me. I was hoping to post a little over there but some of those guys seem like real dicks. "

"that's the only problem with 2+2. Whiny, oversensitive, overly serious dudes."

"What a bunch of #######s. "

"He cert. took a beating over there. Undeserved IMO.. "

"I've bookmarked that site but rarely read that forum if ever. Seemed bland and boring to me and the posts just seemed like constatnt rehash of the same topics over and over. I'd rather read a book"

razor
09-13-2004, 11:34 PM
uh... because you asked that question to someone who has seen most every episode of WSOP on ESPN multiple times. You question 'Ever watch WSOP on ESPN?' carries with it the assumption that ANYONE who has seen an episode of WSOP on ESPN would know EXACTLY what you were talking about. Since Stew has seen many episodes multiples times and YET has NO IDEA what you were talking about... your asking the question 'Every watch WSOP on ESPN?' makes NO SENSE to Stew and is NOT helpful to him. So the question is - for what possible reason could you ask this question, if in fact, it is not helpful in determining what the deal is with Liz &amp; Sam? and further to that, your failure to provide any further explaination despite NO ONE knowing what you are talking about and at least a few people requesting an explaination.

What conclusion could one possibly draw about your intentions with the initial story and your responses to people's questions about it?

To me the reason you were insulted so quickly is quite obvious - this is not to say I think it was appropriate to do so - just that I see why it happened.

Additionaly, despite you wanting to maintain some sort of standing on the 2+2 forums regarding your quality of posts and such, despite REPEATED requests, despite NO ONE seeming to know what you are talking about, despite your ACKNOWLEDGEMENT that NO ONE else seems to know what you are talking about and despite your INSISTANCE on responding to about EVERY OTHER aspect of this thread... you STILL have not explained Liz &amp; Sam.

You can NOT have it both ways...

either you are a TROLL and the Liz &amp; Sam is just the BAIT and there is nothing to explain

or

Liz &amp; Sam is something legit, in which case you have some explaining to do...

You can NOT insist Liz &amp; Sam is legit, expect to maintain your CREDIBILITY and RESPECT yet REFUSE to explain. Until you explain you are no different than a TROLL.

edit to rephrase the last sentence.

Jsb
09-13-2004, 11:40 PM
hahah, that was definitely the most hilarious post i've read in these forums. great post, man

Wahoo91
09-13-2004, 11:41 PM
This guy is always going on about Erin Ness.

Erin Ness is the woman from Maxim who "won an office pool" to participate in the 2005 WSOP. She is featured a couple of times on day 2 (maybe 3?) including getting all in in terrible shape and hitting a miracle king on the river to suck out.

She appears to be somewhat attractive... but not very good at poker. She is no Annie Duke.

durron597
09-13-2004, 11:41 PM
Reading this post made reading this entire thread worthwhile.

razor
09-13-2004, 11:45 PM
can you please explain Liz and Sam to me than?

daryn
09-13-2004, 11:48 PM
very simple what is going on here. he is trying to create the thread with the most views.

he will fall severely short.

durron597
09-13-2004, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree about fanbase as well. Several people do indeed appriciate my input here. I have become friends with several people at the multi-table forums in particular.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciated your input and your posts over at the MTT forum. I have also sweated you many times, both during WCOOP and also on some of the Party Supers. However, the fact that many posters have made it clear to you that "Ever watch WSOP on ESPN?" is not enough for us to understand what you are talking about, yet every time someone asks you to clarify that is all you reply with.

From the jargon file, here is the definition of trolling:

1. v.,n. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase “trolling for newbies” which in turn comes from mainstream “trolling”, a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See also YHBT.

That last sentence is the reason why I have yet to post on this thread. Though at this point I'm actually starting to believe you might not realize what you are doing. On second thought I should probably be sending this to you in a PM but I'm too lazy to copy it over. If in fact you do realize what you are doing, have a good laugh from this post. There won't be another.

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree about fanbase as well. Several people do indeed appriciate my input here. I have become friends with several people at the multi-table forums in particular.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciated your input and your posts over at the MTT forum. I have also sweated you many times, both during WCOOP and also on some of the Party Supers. However, the fact that many posters have made it clear to you that "Ever watch WSOP on ESPN?" is not enough for us to understand what you are talking about, yet every time someone asks you to clarify that is all you reply with.

From the jargon file, here is the definition of trolling:

1. v.,n. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase “trolling for newbies” which in turn comes from mainstream “trolling”, a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See also YHBT.

That last sentence is the reason why I have yet to post on this thread. Though at this point I'm actually starting to believe you might not realize what you are doing. On second thought I should probably be sending this to you in a PM but I'm too lazy to copy it over. If in fact you do realize what you are doing, have a good laugh from this post. There won't be another.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'll explain my full intentions to everyone here. I'll be COMPLETELY honest.

-I intially posted something that I saw on ESPN's coverage of the WSOP. It was a light hearted post, not intended to be a big deal. Apparently, not as many people saw it as I had thought.

-The first poster asks what it is about. I, thinking that more people who watched the WSOP would've seen it, said, "Ever seen the WSOP on ESPN?"

-He then flipped out and attacked me by calling me a dick, ATTACKED MY MOTHER, and told me to leave the board. Think about all that for a second.

-AT THIS POINT I HAD NO DESIRE TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO HIM. I asked him, "Whats wrong with you? Why the need to insult people? " I told him that if hes watched WSOP that hes seen it...this was definitely an exaggeration(obviously by the number here who havn't seen it) but I said it because I simply wanted to be done with him. I didn't feel like answering his question anymore due to his insults, so I was just like "Well watch WSOP and you'll see it. I don't feel like explaining it to you." This was what I was trying to say to him. We each made a few more posts to each other after that, but I really wasn't trying to help him out after his insults at that point.

-At this point, nobody else had replied to the thread, so I simply decided that it wasn't a popular topic and that I was done with it. Then the flames started coming in! I will list a bunch of them below with this in mind- all of these posts I list below are the person's very first post in this thread! So its not like any of these other people had asked me before to explain it. At this time I had only been insulted by one guy and I had decided against explaining it. Here are some of the posts:

"why dont you just explain it instead of being a donkey?: "

"I think the fact that you have become a poo-bah without making any worthwhile posts on these forums is pretty impressive."

"I used to think you were a decent poster and not mentally impaired. "

-At that point, my attention turned towards defending my reputation. I wrote stuff like, "Why would you change your opinion based upon one thread? lighten up a little. " or "are you kidding me? Sure I don't take threads in this forum too seriously, but I've posted tons of worthwhile stuff in many of the other forums. I'm a regular poster in the other poker, MTT, books/software, other gambling, sports betting, other topics, and internet forums. Why the need to make fun of me? " Basically at this point I was totally baffled as to why everyone was ganging up on me- I had been totally insulted by one person so I didn't go out of my way to explain my post to him, and then everyone started slandering my reputation! I simply didn't understand why, NOR DID I HAVE THE INCLINATION TO EXPLAIN THE POST TO THESE VERY PEOPLE WHO WERE DOING THE SLANDERING.

-Now, I'll admit that a few people were decent and simply asked, "Hey man...whats the deal with your initial post?" But if you look back at the first page, all of the insulting posts came way before any of those nicer posts, so at that point I was really through with all of it.

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 12:54 AM
In addittion, let me point out that nobody here has had the decency to call me by my proper title of "O' Queen Bee"

sammy_g
09-14-2004, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No. This thread is not an attempt at humor, as theres nothing funny about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh I beg to differ.

sammy_g
09-14-2004, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sam is the Texas Hold Em Champion!

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm a little disappointed no one has congratulated me on my championship yet.

EnderW27
09-14-2004, 01:17 AM
You must really go on tilt at the poker tables.

maurile
09-14-2004, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem...ever watch WSOP on ESPN?

[/ QUOTE ]
jw [edit: O Queen Bee], I like your polls and everything, and I think you're a good guy, but this is trolling.

maurile
09-14-2004, 01:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
can you please explain Liz and Sam to me than?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ever see Jeopardy?

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 01:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No...I'm really not upset at all by any of this. I simply decide not to reply to insulting people. But I've honestly never gotten upset once at this thread.

And I consider my ability to avoid tilt one of my greatest strengths. I'm very level-headed. When I see people insult other's, those are the type of people that I think to myself, "I'd love to sit at a table with them and just nag and pester away at them until they go on tilt because it'd be so damn easy."

badplayer
09-14-2004, 01:50 AM
Liz: AT
Sam: A9

board: AT9x9

What more is there to know?

I'm now bald from scratching my head.
Thanks.

Stew
09-14-2004, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No...I'm really not upset at all by any of this. I simply decide not to reply to insulting people. But I've honestly never gotten upset once at this thread.

And I consider my ability to avoid tilt one of my greatest strengths. I'm very level-headed. When I see people insult other's, those are the type of people that I think to myself, "I'd love to sit at a table with them and just nag and pester away at them until they go on tilt because it'd be so damn easy."

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, if you think one of your greatest strengths is to avoid going on tilt?

Everyone goes on tilt dude, it's how you handle it that matters, but I'm nit-picking.

Let me say for the record that when I made the comment, "Didn't your mother ever teach you manners?" That's a saying, a phrase, it wasn't meant to be personal. A dik may have been a strong word at the time, so I'll apologize for that.

However, I firmly believe you are a troll and those reasons are obvious in this thread.

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone goes on tilt dude, it's how you handle it that matters, but I'm nit-picking.

Let me say for the record that when I made the comment, "Didn't your mother ever teach you manners?" That's a saying, a phrase, it wasn't meant to be personal. A dik may have been a strong word at the time, so I'll apologize for that.

However, I firmly believe you are a troll and those reasons are obvious in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the apology. I appriciate that. And yes I can see where the mother comment wasn't to be taken literally.

I'm sorry you find me to be a troll. I'm totally not. A few people here have already commented on my contributions to this board. Go look at the sports betting forum- I've made like 1/4 of the posts in that entire forum as it gets underway!(or at least at one point I had...it has grown some recently). This thread was never meant to be taken all that seriously, but it wasn't meant to piss people off either...if that makes me a troll, then I guess I am, but I don't think I did anything wrong and I do think I'm valuable as a member of the 2+2 community.

brassnuts
09-14-2004, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I misworded the first line. Basically, there were so many people I was directing it to, I just replied to what was currently the last post in the thread, it just happened to be a post by you. I didn't mean to imply you were one of them.

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this is going off on a tangent, but its not like we havn't done that enough in this thread:

I'm sure there are a lot of better players at this site than me, but I honestly believe that I'm one of the best at not going on tilt. I don't have any magic formula or anything its simply my personality. A perfect example of this, is this thread. Many seem to really be getting mad here! I've posted in many spam threads posts such as these: "Guys, if you don't like it just don't read it....no reason to keep bumping it up to the top." In other words, I really don't let petty stuff get to me.

I know thats a small example, but I really am a pretty passive person and rarely get angry. This really helps me as a poker player. I can easily shrug things off.

(Warning: Yet another tangent to come in this thread)I think part of this has to do with me being a Christian. I've always been taught that no matter hat the circumstances to say, "Its ok...its all in God's hands. No reason to be pissed, just enjoy life."

Anyway, you're right, everyone must go on tilt at sometime. But I truly can say that it is a rare occassion that I do. After all...what is there to really get upset about. A poster at FBG(Rabidfireweasal) once said(I'm totally paraphrasing here): 'There is no such thing as a bad beat. Bad hands beat the good hands exactly as often as they should. And the good hands beat the bad hands exactly as often as they should.' I couldn't agree more with that. 12% of the time, his 2-7os will beat your pocket aces. Thats not a bad beat; thats just probability.

Moreover, I think people look foolish when they go on tilt. Swearing, crying, making fun of others...it all makes you look immature and stupid. No reason to make yourself out like that.

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I misworded the first line. Basically, there were so many people I was directing it to, I just replied to what was currently the last post in the thread, it just happened to be a post by you. I didn't mean to imply you were one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the few message boards I've seen where you reply to individual posts rather than to the entire thread. Personally, I don't like it. If I wasn to reply to someone in particular, I'll just quote them...this helps everyone else know what exactly I'm replying to without having to scroll up. And theres always the hard task of choosing whom to respond to if you're not really directly responding to anyone.

razor
09-14-2004, 08:31 AM
you funny

razor
09-14-2004, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry you find me to be a troll. I'm totally not.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I tried to explain in a recent post, if the Liz &amp; Sam story is legit than until you explain your original post you are no different than a troll... your continued insistance on dealing with EVERY OTHER aspect of this thread while REFUSING to explain Liz &amp; Sam SEEMS intentional and SEEMS to suggest that the Liz &amp; Sam bit is BOGUS and also suggests that rather than being a VALUABLE contributer to 2+2 you are are NOTHING but a TROLL.

razor
09-14-2004, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Moreover, I think people look foolish when they go on tilt. Swearing, crying, making fun of others...it all makes you look immature and stupid. No reason to make yourself out like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you look any less foolish in this thread. You seem to have avoided swearing and crying.... however, you are probably guilty of whining, certainly of being vindicative, making fun of others (intentional or not) and disrepecting fellow posters.

This thread makes you look immature and stupid.

Ghazban
09-14-2004, 09:36 AM
Razor-- let it go. I tried being civil and getting an actual explanation and all I got was "Ever watch the WSOP on ESPN?", to which I politely responded "yes" and then was never given any explanation. If jumping through the hoops of the OP's attempts at the socratic method didn't get the desired explanation, I expect nothing will. I noticed you responded "no" to this question and also didn't get the explanation. I guess there is no right answer.

TakeMeToTheRiver
09-14-2004, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I'll explain my full intentions to everyone here. I'll be COMPLETELY honest.

-I intially posted something that I saw on ESPN's coverage of the WSOP. It was a light hearted post, not intended to be a big deal. Apparently, not as many people saw it as I had thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

jwvdcw: I guess I didn't catch that on ESPN's coverage of the WSOP. Was it an actual hand from the show? Is it your parody of something on ESPN? Was it from a commericial?

everyone who has posted here: This is a thread which I had ignored for the last few days -- now that I have read it all, how can I get the last hour of my life back?

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry you find me to be a troll. I'm totally not.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I tried to explain in a recent post, if the Liz &amp; Sam story is legit than until you explain your original post you are no different than a troll... your continued insistance on dealing with EVERY OTHER aspect of this thread while REFUSING to explain Liz &amp; Sam SEEMS intentional and SEEMS to suggest that the Liz &amp; Sam bit is BOGUS and also suggests that rather than being a VALUABLE contributer to 2+2 you are are NOTHING but a TROLL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actually been searching online for a site that might show clips of the WSOP so that I can link you all to what I"m speaking of, but I've been unsuccessful. Basically, its a hand that is played many times during the breaks in the WSOP, but since none of you have seen it, its kinda hard for me to explain it in detail.

I'll tell you what...tonight during the broadcast, I'll pay special attnetion and try to get you every detail there is regarding this, so that I can stopped being called a troll.

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 01:04 PM
To add in: I guess it is indeed a regional thing...I've from southern New York. Can anyone else from that area speak on this issue? Have you seen it?

Ryner
09-14-2004, 01:09 PM
Even when you tried to explain yourself you STILL didn't say what this post was about. Instead of actually telling us what you're talking about, you're trying to find a clip online, or talking about trying to spot it again today. You're making it very hard for some people, especially me, not to question your intelligence when you explained yourself by not explaining your post at all. You even went so far as to say the post was about "something during the coverage of the WSOP", but you STILL didn't explain WHAT it was. You deserve any flames you got in this topic. I mean, I've watched every single episode and many repeats, and I have had no clue in hell what you've been talking about since day 1.

Edit: You even just now said it was a regional thing. So... it was a commercial you saw? Was that so hard to explain?

TakeMeToTheRiver
09-14-2004, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To add in: I guess it is indeed a regional thing...I've from southern New York. Can anyone else from that area speak on this issue? Have you seen it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have Cablevision? Time Warner? NYC? Westchester? Long Island?

I am in southern NY, but different cable providers might add different local material. I will watch for it though.

nolanfan34
09-14-2004, 01:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I said on like the first day of this thread:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, I've been right the whole frickin' time. Classic.

Ryner
09-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Amazing how the original poster couldn't even just say "Yes" to you, eh? I mean, three letters, not hard to type. Yes. See? I did it again.

Yes.

razor
09-14-2004, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

AD NAUSEUM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you totally

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree... 'Neo killed the bad guys' is obvious to anyone who has watched the Matrix. Clearly Liz &amp; Sam is not obvious to seemingly all who have watched WSOP on ESPN.

a better example might be...

a:Kym Barrett is Awesome!

I doubt there is anyone here who knows who Kym Barrett is, nor what her connection to the Matrix is and therefore asking 'ever seen the Matrix?' is NOT helpful. Now if you are one of those folks that has seen the Matrix a zillion times and wants to know what's up with Kym Barrett and all you get is a 'ever seen the Matrix?' response, how do you think you are gonna react?

btw, Kym Barrett was the Costume Designer for the Matrix.

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have Cablevision? Time Warner? NYC? Westchester? Long Island?

I am in southern NY, but different cable providers might add different local material. I will watch for it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cablevision.

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Amazing how the original poster couldn't even just say "Yes" to you, eh? I mean, three letters, not hard to type. Yes. See? I did it again.

Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing how the original poster didn't feel like answering questions while he was getting insulted at the beginning, but now that people are actually being somewhat polite, hes answering them.

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

AD NAUSEUM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you totally

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree... 'Neo killed the bad guys' is obvious to anyone who has watched the Matrix. Clearly Liz &amp; Sam is not obvious to seemingly all who have watched WSOP on ESPN.

a better example might be...

a:Kym Barrett is Awesome!

I doubt there is anyone here who knows who Kym Barrett is, nor what her connection to the Matrix is and therefore asking 'ever seen the Matrix?' is NOT helpful. Now if you are one of those folks that has seen the Matrix a zillion times and wants to know what's up with Kym Barrett and all you get is a 'ever seen the Matrix?' response, how do you think you are gonna react?

btw, Kym Barrett was the Costume Designer for the Matrix.

[/ QUOTE ]

So thats still a common conversation imo:

A: You like Kym Barrett
B: Who is that?
A:Ever watch the Matrix?
B: Yeah, why?
A: She did the costumes for it.
B: Oh ok. Yeah I liked those costumes a lot actually.

Ryner
09-14-2004, 01:54 PM
Yes, cause the guy actually explained what he was talking about.

fnurt
09-14-2004, 02:03 PM
This entire thread is nothing but a thinly disguised bad beat story. Liz owes every one of us $1.

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, cause the guy actually explained what he was talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok...so heres what happened with me:

B:STFU you dik..didn't your mom ever teach you manners. go away
A:I don't feel like explaining now.
C:Whats wrong with you? Just explain,, you troll.
A:I'm not a troll, I was just insulted and don't feel like explaining.
D:I'm asking nicely, can you please explain.
A:Ok, I will.

razor
09-14-2004, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is a KEY difference here. A lot depends on the situation in which the question is being asked... If such a Matrix thread were started in say the 2+2 Other Topics forum asking 'Ever watch the Matrix?' would carry very different implications then asking the same question to the same thread in a dedicated Matrix discussion forum. On 2+2 most people would interpret such a question as simply a set up for the forthcoming answer. However, in a dedicated Matrix discussion forum where everyone would have seen the movie asking such a question implies that anyone who has seen the movie would know what the original post was about.

razor
09-14-2004, 02:26 PM
Did you or did you not assume that anyone who had seen the WSOP on ESPN would know what the Liz &amp; Sam story was about when you asked the 'ever watch the WSOP on ESPN?' question?

TakeMeToTheRiver
09-14-2004, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you or did you not assume that anyone who had seen the WSOP on ESPN would know what the Liz &amp; Sam story was about when you asked the 'ever watch the WSOP on ESPN?' question?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have now moved from the socratic method (used in most law schools) to cross examination.

I believe he has waived his right to remain silent....

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is a KEY difference here. A lot depends on the situation in which the question is being asked... If such a Matrix thread were started in say the 2+2 Other Topics forum asking 'Ever watch the Matrix?' would carry very different implications then asking the same question to the same thread in a dedicated Matrix discussion forum. On 2+2 most people would interpret such a question as simply a set up for the forthcoming answer. However, in a dedicated Matrix discussion forum where everyone would have seen the movie asking such a question implies that anyone who has seen the movie would know what the original post was about.

[/ QUOTE ]

But as I already said, at the beginning I assumed that anyone who has seen the WSOP would've known what I was talking about. I didn't know that it was a regional thing. Once that was explained to me without insults, I gladly recognized my mistake. I still don't understand the need for the initial insults. And I'm not talking about just Stew, who has apologized and whom I forgave. I'm talking about everyone else who ganged up on me for not answering the questions when I didn't feel like it because I was being insulted at the same time.

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed that everyone would've at least seen it, although many wouldn't remember it well. Obviously, I was wrong.

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have now moved from the socratic method (used in most law schools) to cross examination.

I believe he has waived his right to remain silent....

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I wish everyone could be lighthearted and have a sense of humor like you.

Vuron00
09-14-2004, 03:14 PM
I'm sure this will offend sombody, but it fits.

So True (http://carcino.gen.nz/images/index.php/00b9a680/463c5922)

durron597
09-14-2004, 03:14 PM
I live on Long Island, and I haven't seen it either.

Look, you got me to reply again. Good job.

BottlesOf
09-14-2004, 03:26 PM
I just wanted to be a part of poker history.

ohgeetee
09-14-2004, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But as I already said, at the beginning I assumed that anyone who has seen the WSOP would've known what I was talking about. I didn't know that it was a regional thing. Once that was explained to me without insults, I gladly recognized my mistake. I still don't understand the need for the initial insults. And I'm not talking about just Stew, who has apologized and whom I forgave. I'm talking about everyone else who ganged up on me for not answering the questions when I didn't feel like it because I was being insulted at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the post was viewed as blatantly trolling, which is far more insulting than saying what the f*ck? to you.

perhaps you weren't trolling, but your posts did not show that at all, and the longer the thread went on, the more people felt(feel) you were(are) trolling.

It's the equivalent of someone asking what people think about new poker siteX, with a link to their affiliate code in the message. Perhaps there is a small chance that the guy truly was wondering what people thought of the new site he was an affiliate at, but regardless of the slim chance he was, he is going to get 15 replies telling him to go shill at RGP with a quickness.

You're posting in a poker forum, where odds are looked at in nearly every situation. here is the reality of the situation:

You post your obscure reference, and stew is the first reply, and says "WTF are you talking about?"

This might be considered rude, but generally, I would pass this off as just general messageboard context. WTF means What the F*ck, but because its abbreviated, its usefulness as an insulting term is pretty watered down, especially with how often it is used.

You then ask "Ever watch the WSOP?"

You are posting this in the WPT and other Televised events forum. This is the equivalent of you asking "Ever seen the matrix?" on the matrix boards after making an obscure matrix reference. Of course he and everyone else in the forum has seen the WSOP.

After these 3 posts, if you had to lay odds that you were now in troll mode, what would they be? for me, it was about 75% likely that you were indeed trolling

Stew's next reply is his only rude remark, where he tells you its rude to answer a question with a question, and makes the off color mother remark. Slightly rude, yes, but he STILL answers your question with detail, that he indeed does watch the WSOP and has watched it voraciously.

You then continue the Stew tangent, but also reply to every other poster referring to stew's mistreatment of you. This only further pushed the idea that you were indeed trolling.

my odds at this point? 85% that you are trolling

After this little spat between you and stew, other posters all politely asked what you were talking about, or at least conveyed that they did not know what you were talking about, and politely pointed out that your socratic method of attempting to teach was doing no good. you then baited them even more, even asking the same "ever watch ESPN?" again. At this point, there is no doubt you are trolling.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't know that it was a regional thing. Once that was explained to me without insults, I gladly recognized my mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you are in redemption mode, claiming that once you realized you were talking about something no one else knew about you submitted and accepted your mistake, whent hat is false. very early in the thread someone pointed out that you were most likely speaking of something that was regional. Once you read this, you knew that this was exactly what the case was, yet you continued on for pages and pages more acting as if it was never mentioned. The main reason is probably because of how everyone that replied to the regional comment thought it was funny how much of an idiot you were for not realizing this earlier.

Frankly, your attempt at redemption failed with me, and reviewing the first part of the thread simply strengthened the opinion i had of you - you're a troll. regardless of how many useful posts you have posted in the past, and probably even post in the future, i'll still see you as that guy/girl who is starved for attention on the internet.

Your actions come across as extremely female as well, which is not intended to be an insult. If I had to guess your sex though, I would guess female even though you have been very ambivalent about your sex, using whatever article to describe yourself as the person you are replying to described you with, ie. if they referred to you as he, you would say he in your response, and if they referred to you as she, you used she in your response. Only a woman could carry on as you have with such a chip on your shoulder to the entire audience of the thread based on a single person's posts.

Hopefully, your quest for attention has been fulfilled, and you can retreat back to whatever other meaningful threads you have contributed to in other forums. Perhaps they wont have read this, and their opinion will be based on your other contributions.

jagoff
09-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Dude I TOTALLY know who Liz and Sam are! Thanks for bringing their special relationship that they had together to the light! Everyone should thank their lucky stars they have you to thank for introducing Liz and Sam into their lives. God bless you Liz and Sam!

razor
09-14-2004, 03:59 PM
Right, you assumed those who saw the WSOP on ESPN would know what you were talking about... this is not an unreasonable assumption... however, when you make that assumption with someone who HAS seen WSOP on ESPN many times over and that person recognizes that you are asking the question with that assumption and despite this still has NO IDEA what you are talking about... than asking that question comes across as INSULTING and DISRESPECTFUL (intended or not).

Also, since this seems to have more to do with a commerical during the WSOP on ESPN... asking 'ever watch WSOP on ESPN?' isn't even an appropriate question. Something like 'ever watch the commericals during the WSOP on ESPN?' is probably the kind of question you are after.

What a lot of this is, is a couple guys getting a little testy a little too quickly. Though apparently unintentional, your handling of this thread is a MASTER CLASS for TROLLING and you come off as immature and foolish.

Personally I don't care too much about Liz &amp; Sam, I expect it'll all turn out to be something rather lame and your attempt at a light-hearted post gone terribly awry in a jwvdcw/Stew perfect storm convergence kinda way will have left some needless wreckage.

I didn't mind this thread so much... but then I didn't mind the movie Gerry either... a lot of clueless roaming around with no apparent purpose and no real conclusion and when it's all over... well whatever... life goes on... except that some of us looked like pricks along the way and others not so much.

Here's to Liz &amp; Sam...

CHEERS!

kpux
09-14-2004, 04:30 PM
This thread makes my life suck.

Moozh
09-14-2004, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you don't think that acting like this is at all immature and childish? If you want take the moral high road, just ignore the flames and do your best to be helpful.

jaybee_70
09-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Just wondering if there is any way we can keep this going.

Joe

offTopic
09-14-2004, 06:37 PM
Ever watch Good Eats on Food Network?

brassnuts
09-14-2004, 07:03 PM
OK, Mike, I wanna see anger, show me ANGER!

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 08:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And you don't think that acting like this is at all immature and childish? If you want take the moral high road, just ignore the flames and do your best to be helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once the insults stopped, I did try to be helpful...but I don't see why I should try to be helpful to the people who were insulting me

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You then continue the Stew tangent, but also reply to every other poster referring to stew's mistreatment of you. This only further pushed the idea that you were indeed trolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

But thats the thing...so many people that responded early on, did so in a negative a rude manner THAT MADE ME FEEL LIKE NEVER EXPLAINING IT AT ALL. Then when people were finally nice, I came around and was nice back.

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But thats the thing...so many people that responded early on, did so in a negative a rude manner THAT MADE ME FEEL LIKE NEVER EXPLAINING IT AT ALL. Then when people were finally nice, I came around and was nice back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottom line: If I was indeed trolling...why would I care so much about my reputation? Why would I have 'wasted' my time with so many worthewhile and meaningful posts here?

I DON'T FEEL LIKE EXPLAINING THINGS TO PEOPLE WHO INSULT ME. Bottom line! If that makes me a troll, so be it!

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Ok, so I was watching tonight and I finally saw what it was for...it was for 'The Game Zone.' I also messed up a little bit on my initial quote. When it comes on again, I'll pay attention and try to provide you all with the right quote...perhaps that was the source of the confusion all along!

jwvdcw
09-14-2004, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry.

It should've read: 'and now its up to Sam with A-9, and he has no choice but to go all in.'

I apologize for any confusion that my mis-quote might have caused.

razor
09-14-2004, 10:53 PM
ah... NOW that makes sense... good one j!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AgentBishop
09-15-2004, 12:02 AM
THE END!

jwvdcw
09-15-2004, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ah... NOW that makes sense... good one j!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. I hope that you can see that I was helpful to those who were decent towards me.

Mars357
09-15-2004, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure this will offend sombody, but it fits.

So True (http://carcino.gen.nz/images/index.php/00b9a680/463c5922)

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed so damn hard I woke the baby!!! Thank you! I haven't laughed that hard in a very very long time...

banditdad
09-15-2004, 11:30 PM
I watched the WSOP last night looking for some mention of Liz &amp; Sam. Even watched the commercials I usually Tivo through. I saw nothing about anyone named Liz or Sam. I can only assume that this was a sick, sick joke being played on us by jwvdcw.

I did however get to see Arieh act like an ass and Raymer act like a true gentleman.

Ralph Wiggum
09-16-2004, 02:23 AM
Congratulations prick. If he has explained the original post, someone please PM me as I refuse to read (or continute with) this entire thread.

BreakEvenPlayer
09-16-2004, 04:06 AM
I didn't think anyone could piss me off more than Thomastem.

jvcdwcvcwwqlx: You are a douche.

The word "douche" was part of the cult insult vernacular up until about a year ago, when South Park brought it into the mainstream. Since this time it has been used far too often by college kids losing all of their loan money in internet poker rooms. This is why I hesitate in using the word. But rarely do you come across someone so deserving of the title.

banditdad
09-16-2004, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations prick. If he has explained the original post, someone please PM me as I refuse to read (or continute with) this entire thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you directing this at me? If so, why?

jwvdcw
09-16-2004, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I watched the WSOP last night looking for some mention of Liz &amp; Sam. Even watched the commercials I usually Tivo through. I saw nothing about anyone named Liz or Sam. I can only assume that this was a sick, sick joke being played on us by jwvdcw.

I did however get to see Arieh act like an ass and Raymer act like a true gentleman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, don't blame me. I posted this well before the WSOP aired last night:

"To add in: I guess it is indeed a regional thing...I've from southern New York. Can anyone else from that area speak on this issue? Have you seen it? "

Its on page 4 of this thread. So how is it my fault that you sat through all of those commercials when I specifically said that its probably a regional only thing?