PDA

View Full Version : Making SNG's a source of income

minwoo
09-07-2004, 01:55 AM
Hi,
I've been playing SNG's for about 6 months now. Like most people, I started at $5 limit on paradise and moved up as my bankroll increased. It did take a while for me to transition from the $20+2 limit to the $30+3 . For some reason, I'd build a bankroll of about 20x the $30 limit but would lose most of it on the $30 tables and be forced to move back to the $20 tables.

Anyways,
My question is...at what limit do you guys think SNG's can become a serious source of income? Placing 1st at the $30 tables yields at $117 profit and even 2nd makes you a profit of $57. Just placing second twice or first once a day, would make an easy $100 bucks a day. Of course, there are times when losses come your way, but i think a solid player can easily offset those losses with the more ITM he makes. What do you guys think??

chill888
09-07-2004, 02:02 AM
To calculate potential income in S&Gs, it is just like hourly win rates in cash games. Take your ROI and multiply by games played.

For example, a 25% ROI in $50 S&Gs is quite good play but doable. 25% x $55 (includes $5 fee) = $13.75 / game. Play 20 games a day and you would on average make $275 / day.

PBaek
09-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Hello,

I would like to post a couple of comments on this and also ask a question to those who have more experience at the different levels than me.

Regarding making SNGs a source of income I have just started 30+3 SNGs after having played 20+2 for a while. I have played 167 so far, which is not enough to draw hard and fast conclusions but it might give you an idea.

My stats are IMO: 42.5% and ROI: 36,1%.

1st places: 16.2%
2nd places: 16.2%
3rd places: 10.2%

My profit from these are a total of $1,989.

Each tourney lasts about 45 minutes and I lpay 4 tables at a time. That means I play a bit more than 5 tables an hour on average. That means I have played 33 hours to make roughly $2,000. That means I have made $60 an hour.

Thats well enough to make a living if you just put in the hours.

My question is if these stats indicate I would make more at the 50+5 level? I will play at minimum 1000 SNGs at the 30+3 level just to get more reliable data but if I stay in the 30+ on ROI would that be enough to justify moving up?

Best regards, PB.

Desdia72
09-08-2004, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

I would like to post a couple of comments on this and also ask a question to those who have more experience at the different levels than me.

Regarding making SNGs a source of income I have just started 30+3 SNGs after having played 20+2 for a while. I have played 167 so far, which is not enough to draw hard and fast conclusions but it might give you an idea.

My stats are IMO: 42.5% and ROI: 36,1%.

1st places: 16.2%
2nd places: 16.2%
3rd places: 10.2%

My profit from these are a total of $1,989.

Each tourney lasts about 45 minutes and I lpay 4 tables at a time. That means I play a bit more than 5 tables an hour on average. That means I have played 33 hours to make roughly $2,000. That means I have made $60 an hour.

Thats well enough to make a living if you just put in the hours.

My question is if these stats indicate I would make more at the 50+5 level? I will play at minimum 1000 SNGs at the 30+3 level just to get more reliable data but if I stay in the 30+ on ROI would that be enough to justify moving up?

Best regards, PB.

[/ QUOTE ]

$50 + $5 level with the same kind of stats. plus, i think playing 1000 SNGs at your current level is fine if you're looking for more conclusive data.

TomCollins
09-08-2004, 06:37 PM
If you can afford it, I would recommend stepping it up to $50 sooner. It looks like you have fairly good results, plus you get more chips in that level. The play isn't much better. Just be willing to move down if it doesn't go so well. 167 isn't nearly enough to conclude your averages are accurate, but it is at least worth splitting your time between the two for now.

stupidsucker
09-08-2004, 06:53 PM
I play aprox 30-45 30+3 SnGs a day 5 days a week.

If you are good you can almost count on having at least a 25% roi every month. Some months better. This is a very good living.

NOTE: Bankroll is extremly important when playing for a living. You need much more set aside because of living expenses.

Figure out how much you need to live each month
Rent/Bills/Food/car/DSL... every little thing... then round up.. multiply by at least 3(6 is better) and this is your living bankroll. Then you need a solid BR for playing. I use 30x for 30s, but I think 50x is better for 50s and up.

IF you have all this then you can make a good living off SnGS. Keep in mind swings feel like the end of the world. Getting over the mental toughness is the hardest part.

Enjoy.