PDA

View Full Version : my bust out hand in supermonday., what do u think?

pokerraja
09-07-2004, 01:06 AM
i survived and made the money. i havent played a hand in an hour. im down to T5000 chips. blinds are 400-800. guy to my right has stole every possible blind he could for last hour. i finally get AJ os in BB. folded to sb who once again raised big. he raised to T2000. He has me covered. I pause and then put him all-in. He calls. His AK wins the hand. what do u think? i ended up 90th place.

Tyler Durden
09-07-2004, 01:40 AM
If he's as aggressive as you say then you made a good play. It was your only option really, w/ your stack and the blinds being where they were.

pokerraja
09-07-2004, 01:55 AM
yah, he was very aggresive. to his credit he did have me fooled. thanks, i guess im just looking for hug /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sdplayerb
09-07-2004, 05:43 AM
this is pretty much as automatic as it gets.

ethan
09-07-2004, 07:38 AM
You should never go an hour without playing a hand. (I'm assuming you mean you haven't even gone as far as trying to steal a blind or two.) When you started that hour, the blinds were...50/100? 100/200? That makes you a medium-big stack, you can't get this passive. Not playing a hand for an hour puts you in situations where you're all-in hoping it's not the one time the aggressive player actually has a hand.

That said, given the read...so it goes, and it's a reasonable play particularly given that you two are SB/BB.

pokerraja
09-07-2004, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should never go an hour without playing a hand. (I'm assuming you mean you haven't even gone as far as trying to steal a blind or two.) When you started that hour, the blinds were...50/100? 100/200? That makes you a medium-big stack, you can't get this passive. Not playing a hand for an hour puts you in situations where you're all-in hoping it's not the one time the aggressive player actually has a hand.

That said, given the read...so it goes, and it's a reasonable play particularly given that you two are SB/BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly never had a chance to steal a blind. This is what happens when you play with 3 of the biggest stacks in the tourney for the last hour. It was rough. whenever I got AQ, AJ, 88, etc.. it was always raised before it got to me. Luckily for me i built a nice stack in the first hour of the tourney and this allowed me to make the money fairly easily, but i did bleed away chips.

MLG
09-07-2004, 12:25 PM
weak tight alert!!! you should not consistently be throwing those hands away to single raises if you are a biggish stack.