PDA

View Full Version : Flop/river opinions

topspin
09-07-2004, 12:50 AM
Who hears different voices in their head?

Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG <font color="purple">(Villain)</font> calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG <font color="purple">(Villain)</font> calls, MP1 folds.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Villain bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Villain 3-bets</font>, Hero thinks and calls, BB calls.

Oh crap, he's got the 4! Maybe I should fold here ... but they're ACES! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Turn: (8.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Villain checks, Hero checks.

River: (8.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB folds, Villain checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villain calls.

Hey, he checked twice, maybe MHIG! Let's click that bet button!

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

AlmightyJay
09-07-2004, 12:52 AM
I think he had the 4 but was scared of the flush.

Entity
09-07-2004, 01:43 AM
I bet that turn (you've got a ton of outs, if you aren't already ahead to A7o or 56o), and bet the river. Anyone else? If he check-raises the turn, I call down/check the river.

Rob

wabe
09-07-2004, 01:56 AM
Was it a 4, or A7?

RED_RAIN
09-07-2004, 05:02 AM
Unless you have a good read on opponent or notes cap the flop. It's gonna be a lot different if he bets into you on the turn when you capped the flop.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 9s or Ts here. I bet you he had 9s or Ts given his turn and river play.

Please don't think because you PFR and get 3 bet that he has a 4. What do you think he CC preflop and has a 4? A4? A7? You beat A7. A4 is retarded.

Don't fold on turn if he bet this (thinking you might given your weak mind on flop).

At least you bet river.

topspin
09-07-2004, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet that turn (you've got a ton of outs, if you aren't already ahead to A7o or 56o), and bet the river. Anyone else? If he check-raises the turn, I call down/check the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave a turn bet some thought too. I'd have done it except for the club coming up. I figured BB for a club flush draw (couldn't see what else he'd be holding to stay in on the flop) and wanted to dodge a check-raise. Obviously that became a moot point when he curiously folded the river.

topspin
09-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Villain turns over 8h4h (sooooted) for trips. Given how passively he played the turn/river I think it would have take a better man than me to have avoided betting the river (I'd certainly have called his bet), although I was wondering if just having a general read of "passive" on table + flop 3-bet should have slanted me in that direction.