PDA

View Full Version : Pokernow.com?

jaybird
09-07-2004, 12:12 AM
After hearing non-stop commercials on the radio about Pokernow.com I finally decided to check them out after one of the ads said they had 40,000 live players.

Took a look at the website and it looks like IGM runs it. It also says powered by Party Poker. Is this a new skin? Another major affiliate making money by advertising for them?

Or is it Party Poker themselves? And if so, why use a different name?

Anyone got more info on this site?

FoolishStone
09-07-2004, 02:13 AM
Looks identical to party poker maybe its another way for them to get through the loop hole of advertising gambling and get more players to come check it out.

TylerD
09-07-2004, 06:36 AM
Looks like a new skin to me. But only a $25 sign-up bonus?

Lazymeatball
09-07-2004, 08:59 AM
The only difference so far is that they have different avatars. In the lobby page it said they would be launching their own multitable tournaments in the future.

The new player bonus is only $25 but they have refer a friends bonuses which give the referrer $50, and the referree $25. So if you can get someone to refer you and kick it back to you that's $75, and $75 is almost $100. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Maybe they'll up their bonus in a few weeks. I just hope they offer another IGM-pay bonus.

ChristinaB
09-07-2004, 09:08 AM
Are we going to need another clean computer?

Lazymeatball
09-07-2004, 09:15 AM
I read something about the refer a friend bonus not being available to players who are already signed up on partypoker sites, so my guess would be yes.