PDA

View Full Version : a bad call. or was it.

rybones
09-06-2004, 11:32 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em 2+2 private Tourney(24 total entraints), Big Blind is t150 (8 handed)

converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB (t735)
BB (t3380)
UTG (t1665)
UTG+1 (t4540)
MP1 (t3810)
<font color="C00000">Hero (t1955)</font>
<font color="C00000">CO (t1165)</font>
Button (t1080)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t450</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises to t1165</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls t715.

Flop: (t2555) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t2555) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

River: (t2555) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t2555
<font color="green">Main Pot: t2555 (t2555), between Hero and CO.</font>

So, the set up is somewhat long, but the question is interesting. I am one of the big stacks. on my left is a certain someone who has the force on his side (that's a hint). Prior to this hand, I had raised 4 times in the last 25 minutes only to see this certain someone re-raise all in. So, ok one of my raises was a pure bluf on the button. however, one was A, K suited; one was a pair of 10s; and the other was A, Q suited. and all were raises from late position. so here comes this pair of sixes and I figure I will semi-bluf -- if someone calls, I'll hope for the set. However, I forget about Mr. skywalker (again a hint). He, of course, re-raises all-in and as you can see I called. Now I know that it was a marginal hand to call with, but I figured that if he really had a big pair he'd have called or raised just a little to get some action. Alas, I figure at worst I have a coin flip. Again, I know a coin flip is not what I want at this point in the tourney but I went for it. So, He had K,J and I lost the coin flip. Point taken -- not a good move!

However, here is the question: though I lost the hand, did I gain anything of value here. I think I did. but I am not sure exactly how to figure it out. Also, other than the pot, what does Mr. light sword get? i.e. What information does my call give him and is that good or bad for me?

Any thoughts?

Ryan

p.s. if the villian is reading this I truly mean no harm with my play on your screen name and would also love to hear your comments.

Lori
09-06-2004, 11:45 PM
I believe the advice you got from one of the players in this hand helped you later in the tourney with 77 /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lori (Not sour, it was correct)

Lori
09-06-2004, 11:46 PM
What information does my call give him

This is important.

The main message sent is don't mess with rybones, and it should stop him doing it again in a hurry.

Lori

rybones
09-06-2004, 11:51 PM
you are so cool!!!

Sorry about that hand, but you were so short stacked I had to do it. Anyway, I love reading your posts. They are always insightful.

ryan

rybones
09-06-2004, 11:54 PM
yea, but doesn't it also say: "look, he'll call with crap?"

Not that I mind, I also found out the other guy will push with any too big tickets to protect his blind. But I still feel there is more there and I can't put my finger on it.

Phill S
09-07-2004, 06:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

would you steal from you after seeing this???

Phill

rybones
09-07-2004, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

would you steal from you after seeing this???

[/ QUOTE ]

see, this is what I don't know? Truly, I go back and forth wondering if this makes me more or less vulnerable to attack. I also wonder if his pushing with over cards makes me more likely to push in the future against him or others like him? I know that in the context of this tourney I did not push him, but that was for a lack of chips. My gut says that had that hand damaged me less, I would have really pushed at him. However, I am often weary of my gut -- I've got a whole acid reflux thing going.

Ryan