PDA

View Full Version : $30+3 => lost $800 ==> I can now relate to Aleo Magnus's post

AA suited
09-06-2004, 11:27 PM
I was 33% ITM and 25% ROI.

But I just played 61 30+3 and i'm down $800.

geez.. either bad beat city or i had the 2nd best hand to begin with.

now i COMPLETELY understand Aleo Magnus's post about throwing stuff around. It's not the $. I'm still up $2000. It's just the pure frustration than anything else. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG

Eder
09-06-2004, 11:32 PM
tighten up...refuse to push ...till you out of it...worked for me

stupidsucker
09-06-2004, 11:34 PM
I just came out of a run like this. August was a bad month for me. (If you consider making 2k a bad month, and I DO)

I started out on a plunge from day 1. made back the $$ I lost plus more, and then finished the month on another bad streak.

It has come to my attention that swings can be worse then expected. If you arent prepared for it then it can/will affect you mentaly thereby making the swing even worse.

I dont think you can get a good read on your roi until you have 1000 or more SnGs under a certain level. The funny thing about that is.... by the time you play 1000 SnGs your game has most likely changed some.

Its ok to vent, but dont break anything, and most importantly dont take out your frustration on anyone around you.

Poker really has a zen feel to it, and without finding a peace of mind to deal with swings and bad beats then you can go on tilt outside of poker too.

[ QUOTE ]
tighten up...refuse to push ...till you out of it...worked for me

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this quote half way. If you get too tight and too passive it will hurt your game. Look over your play and try to spot out any leaks. Tighten these up. Dont force any pushes, but if you timmidly never push when its the proper play then you are asking to get burned even more.

Basically what I am trying to say is... Dont let the swing affect your play (Provided that you have been playing properly) All of us make mistakes, dont beat yourself up over it. Its silly to intentionaly make the wrong play just because your on a losing streak. Its also silly to assume that you havent done anything wrong. Check out your play. If you dont have poker tracker or something like it then get it.

Eder
09-07-2004, 07:20 PM
What I mean by refuse to push is not to play weak, but to rather raise less when convinced your hand is good if your stack size permits...true it is incorrect to let people buy a draw cheaper,but when on a bad run I find taking more bad beats for entire stack seems to extend the bad run.