PDA

View Full Version : Unconventional AA

joker122
09-06-2004, 10:50 PM
UTG's play varies from LAG idiocy to passive. No other reads.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Turn: (11 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

River: (14 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

Well?

balkii
09-06-2004, 11:32 PM
It probably doesnt matter. Sometimes you'll cost yourself a few bets by playing tricky, sometimes you'll make a few.

I like the flop play.

joker122
09-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Yeah, the preflop cold call was for deception purposes and to gain some info about UTG's hand.

balkii
09-07-2004, 12:23 AM
gain INFO about UTGs hand?? thats kinda weird. I hope it was like 99.99% deception and only .01% info-gaining....

on a semi-related note I will now share with you a great story about a time I smoothcalled with AA pf. there was an EP raise, and a player who I had recently sucked out on with an ugly hand 3-bet. I was in LP, and coldcalled 3 (the guy thought I was a fish of course for sucking out on him, so I wanted him to think I was in there with trash). EP capped, and we went to the flop 3-ways. flop was like 689 or something, EP bets, other guy raises, I CC, EP 3-bets, other guy caps. YES! this is the sweetest thing ever I am thinking. turn is a 5, EP checks to other guy, he bets, I raise (goddamn action killing card!) EP coldcalls, other guy calls. River 7. 3-way chop between EP's QQ, other guys KK, and my AA.

Now obviously there was nothing I could do to win this pot either way, and thats not what this is about. What its about is that I almost surely would have gotten the same amount of action had I capped PF. So for the most part, unless you are playing against someone who knows your play pretty well, I think I just go ahead and cap most of the time here.