PDA

View Full Version : Bet v. Checkraise in Micro

Cerril
09-06-2004, 10:27 PM
I feel like I have a better grasp on what to do to manipulate observant opponents better than the unobservant ones (looking back at my hand histories I was much better postflop than preflop at 5/10 and 3/6 PS; the opposite is true at .5/1 PP).

Anyway, I don't want to post a particular hand here since this is a general question. Say I've got AA against a small field with a ragged flop. Or AK when the board is K-x-x rainbow. Basically I have a good hand and it's going to hold up to the turn at least.

I feel like I should be trying to get a c/r in here somewhere or just call in LP to try to have more people calling me at the turn, but I'm also afraid that's just overly tricky at this limit so I'll almost always bet out in EP and raise in LP. Often, of course, I'll have half the field leaving on the flop and the rest on the turn, so my good hand doesn't make much.

Obviously winning is better than losing but a good portion of my EV should be coming from extracting the most, so should I just be figuring that this limit has its share of calling stations and jam it on every street, or are tricky moves in order to get a few more bets in, in some positions?

brettbrettr
09-06-2004, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
should I just be figuring that this limit has its share of calling stations and jam it on every street

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is most often the case. I'd say you could trap/slowplay about 10% of the time and still get the desired throw-off-your-better-opponents effect.