PDA

View Full Version : Question for David Sklansky

10-20-2001, 09:56 PM
Hi David,

Can you give your opinion on the correct bankroll for 40-80 limit hold-em for a player that can average one big bet per hour at the game? If you could include the chance of ruin for $20,000 bankroll and the chance of ruin for what you consider the correct bankroll it would be appreciated. This assumes the bankroll is not depleted for living expenses. This is in reference to a post below that you made a while ago.

Thanks

**********************

Dsklansky wrote in message news:20010828201042.23988.00002453@mb-mg.aol.com...

Regarding the 15-30 Hold-em game:

Assuming you can beat the game fairly easily, it is extremely unlikely that you would ever go broke with a starting bankroll of $20,000 that you did not deplete for expenses. Anything under $10,000 is in a lot of jeapardy (because its chances are about the square root of $20,000's chances-eg 1% vs 10%.)

10-21-2001, 12:16 AM
Hi Mark,

Hey, I found that Sklansky post. I think you're in luck. If I read it right it looks like in another post he gave you the way to find the answer to your question. Ugh, I know, but I've sometimes found I learn more figuring things like this out myself anyway. /images/smile.gif Here's the post I mean:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&frame=right&rnum=51&thl=1121878110,1121868621,1121864624,1122122880,11 22029399,1121210678,1122184520,1122176509,11221867 43,1122182041,0&seekm=20010829131810.23878.00002077%40mb-mg.aol.com#link51

You can even see ther whole thread there. I hope that helps.

Good luck!

Heather

10-23-2001, 03:22 PM
Hi Heather,

Thanks very much for your detective work. Actually that thread is the origin of my question. As you can see I asked essentially the same question as above in question number 53 in that thread. Unfortunately, I never received a response from David in that thread. I have posted this question a couple of times in this forum and have never recieved a response from David here either. Mason did at least afford a cursory response that didn't really answer the question, but a response just the same. I'm not sure why David is unwilling to respond to this question. I figure either he doesn't know the answer or is unwilling to release the information or is unwilling to respond to direct questions.