PDA

View Full Version : Just folded A9o and A6o at UTG+1 and UTG respectively...

Kips Bay Kid
09-06-2004, 06:08 PM
...does this mean I am learning to play tighter or is that "too tight"?

Also for the amount of times I go into a pot what % should be raises? and does position matter (i.e. sliding scale) - assume no prior raisers in front of me.

InchoateHand
09-06-2004, 06:16 PM
Throw...throw....throw away those unsuited aces in early position.
What %? Well, it should roughly equal the % of solid hands, discounted for position.
ie. In the unthinkable world of .5/1 Party, if it was folded to you on the button, I would raise with A9o. Dealt UTG...throw....throw....throw away. Loosen up as you move back, and don't be afraid to put in the first raise, from any position, with 99++, and BIG suited connectors. Play 10k hands, repeat, repeat, and then tell us what % you are running.
Basic pre-flop "tightness" is the pre-requisite for winning play. Learn it quickly (I didn't...), because its pretty formulaic. Then deal with the far more difficult post-flop decisions.

bisonbison
09-06-2004, 06:16 PM
Unless you're stealing, you should be folding these outside the blinds 100% of the time.

Bez
09-06-2004, 07:40 PM
Easy folds, you cannot play it strongly if an Ace comes but could end up calling all the way down.

siccjay
09-06-2004, 08:31 PM
For every 1 or 2 hands that you see where you think "DAMN If I would have played that A6o there I would have won!!!!" There are 4 or 5 (or more) hands where if you would have played that A6o you would have called down and been outkicked.

Nottom
09-06-2004, 10:19 PM
Is that supposed to impress us. Come back when you are folding AT. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Kips Bay Kid
09-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Yes bow down before me.

No actually I was serious, was not sure if that was too tight, now I have questions about AXs, always play? (even with a PFR?) I am guessing unless in late position and folded to you, I should just call? A9s have any power? ATs seems to be a very strong hand, that much stronger then A9s?

Greg J
09-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Just add my voice to the chorus: both easy EASY EASY folds UTG, regardless of how loose the table is. Infact, with A6o you should turbofold outside of the blinds, and fold to a raise in the SB in a full or nearly full game, again, regardless of the table texture. Leave A/crap offsuit for the fish to play.

Look around on here for a while -- it's pretty cool:
http://www.pokerroom.com/main/page/games/evstats/expValue

Kips Bay Kid
09-06-2004, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just add my voice to the chorus: both easy EASY EASY folds UTG, regardless of how loose the table is. Infact, with A6o you should turbofold outside of the blinds, and fold to a raise in the SB in a full or nearly full game, again, regardless of the table texture. Leave A/crap offsuit for the fish to play.

Look around on here for a while -- it's pretty cool:
http://www.pokerroom.com/main/page/games/evstats/expValue

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty sweet thanks, oh by the way I just folded AT in LP with 2 raises before me - Haheh.

Greg J
09-06-2004, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's pretty sweet thanks, oh by the way I just folded AT in LP with 2 raises before me - Haheh.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good! Make this routine. Eventually you should not even have to think about doing this!

Cerril
09-06-2004, 10:39 PM
ATo, AJo are hands that don't like to face raises unless you know they're really loose (even then I'm not comfortable calling with AJo against a raise and a lot of callers).

Axs (through A9s) are hands that really need a lot of people in to play since just a pair of aces with no flush draw isn't any stronger than if they weren't suited. If you're first in after a raise and there weren't a lot of limpers before it, you can usually throw it out.

Once you hit ATs the question is less whether you'll play against one raise but whether you can get it heads up or should call and keep it as multiway as possible. Of course if the raiser is tight enough you might still want to toss them.