PDA

View Full Version : Interim trip report (I suck, but the games are so good)

BigBaitsim (milo)
09-06-2004, 04:39 PM
Have been in Las Vegas since Saturday and have played at Monte Carlo, Mandelay Bay and Excalibur, all low limit, with the exception of a brief time at the NL table at Monte Carlo. Realized that I was playing scared, and got up after winning about $100. The games have been incredibly soft. Not one chopped blind in 20 hours of play so far and some uber-loose tables. I've heard the dealer call out "seven players" so often it seems normal. ALthough I have played exceptionally poorly, making bad adjustments to the tables, the games are so good I haven't been able to book a losing session yet (despite my best efforts). By winning, however, I mean I've walked away with $20 after 4 hours, which hardly seems like winning.

The 4/8 at Mandelay was by far the softest game I've played (Below I've attached a brief note on that game, posted to another thread). As an aside, the cocktail waitresses costumes at Mandelay are the best I've seen yet, albeit highly distracting to anyone who has any interest in tits and ass, as the costumes left just enough to the imagination that I..., "Sir, it's your turn to act." Oh, [censored], did I just quickly look away from her ass, and call two cold with A9o because my brain was fogged with testosterone? Damn.

Okay, so I need to work on my focus, but the games here are VERY beatable.

Starting BR: $2500; Tally after 48 hours: $2791. Up $291.

Mandelay Report from other thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Played at Mandelay last night for about 10 hours at the 4/8. Not one chopped blind, not once capped preflop and 6-8 seeing the flop every time. Lots of loose-passive calling stations who don't raise without the nuts. This was the quintessential good game. So what happened? I played like crap, tried to bluff the unbluffable and finished the night up a pathetic $11. So many players bought in, busted out, rebought, busted out again, that the table was piled with their chips, all of which sat in the stacks of three complete Magoos at the other end of the table who kept stumbling backward into backdoor flushes and gutshots (plus calling down my missed AK with me pressing to the river, with a board of QJ538 and having called two cold holding T3o).

[/ QUOTE ]