PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this good? Could I have played it a better way?

ZimbuTheMonkey
09-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (18 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB has As Qh (three of a kind, aces).
Hero has Jh Js (full house, jacks full of aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 22 BB. </font>

InchoateHand
09-06-2004, 04:16 PM
Looks good to me. The only question I have concerns reads of your opponents. Are the non-ace holders likely to be chased out of a pot by a turn raise? I understand the flat calling on a friendly board--you are planning to maximize bets on the turn. It worked beautifully here. Sometimes, however, you may want them to pay you now--slowplaying more typically results in missed bets as your weak opponents fold to the more expensive turn raise.
Why I think this is such a good play HERE--your position-- you never face anyone with two bets cold, thus greatly increasing the liklihood that they call. So HERE, I think calling the flop might have worked out. Also, if the board were even slightly more co-ordinated...I think it would be huge mistake to not seek payment now, when you have the most pot equity.

Bulbarainey
09-06-2004, 04:19 PM
the only different thing i would have done would be to raise on the flop, and extract a few more bets out, here you have position in your favor and everyone has already thrown out a bet, its rare to see loose players fold when they already have thrown a bet out, especially with a rainbow board like that, the worst possible thing could be someone with AA (happened to me the other day w/ jack trips)... but it is unlikely, other than that i think you played it well

nothumb
09-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Looks good, but I probably don't cap pre-flop. However he could be 'defending' his blind thinking you're trying to isolate the EP limper. Do people do this at 1/2?

My line would be to call the 3-bet and raise or 3-bet an undercard flop. I think an argument can be made for capping pre-flop though. Do others have thoughts on this?

NT

Wahoo91
09-06-2004, 04:38 PM
I don't cap PF with JJ (but that may just be me).

I do the same everywhere else.

ZimbuTheMonkey
09-06-2004, 05:55 PM
I only do it when there are more 3 opponents in the pot.