PDA

View Full Version : A correct cold call? *DELETED*

RustedCorpse
09-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Post deleted by RustedCorpse

Smokey98
09-06-2004, 03:59 PM
I probably would have bet the flop but folded the turn.

InchoateHand
09-06-2004, 04:02 PM
No.
[ QUOTE ]
MP1 raises, 2 folds, CO calls

[/ QUOTE ]
You are playing an easily dominated hand against two certain, four maximum opponents. If the flop doesn't hit you like a brick, you'll have difficulty continuing.
From what I understand, cold-calling is correct when there are a ton of players already in the pot, and you don't fear a re-raise behind you. Say, if there were already 5 callers to an UTG raise, and you were OTB holding 88--where you would be playing for set value in essentially a kill pot.
If MP1 hadn't raised, hopefully you would have. Since he did, and so far has only one caller, I'd let this one go. The flop missed you--you only have overcards and backdoor draws, facing a PF raiser. Perhaps you are correct given the size of the pot to try to break off one more card, but since you improved only to a gutshot, I would check/fold the turn, esp. since you are almost guaranteed a raise from all but the weakest players. Chasing everyone else out of the pot (what you accomplished), destroyed the questionable value of your gutshot draw.

Sent
09-06-2004, 04:03 PM
I wouldn't cold call with QJs, even in LP. And especially at 1/2

-Sent

InchoateHand
09-06-2004, 04:11 PM
I, for one, in my extremely limited poker wisdom have posted many hands that were (rightly) ripped to shreds. I don't think the responses here were too vitriolic, and even though you have seen the responses, others can learn from reading these things when they are left up.
So, just out of curiosity, why delete it?