PDA

View Full Version : Florida Senator Bob Graham's book, All Lies?

Nepa
09-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Senator Graham has some interesting takes on Saudi Arabia. Any 'Right Wingers' want to take a shot at this? I know it is in your playbook not to response to anything that brings up the topic of Saudi Arabia. Plus, I doubt anyone will response because Rush is off today. I know it is tough to think for yourself but I would like you to give it a try.

Story on Graham's Book (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1521&e=1&u=/afp/us_attacks_saudi)

[ QUOTE ]
"It was as if the president's loyalty lay more with Saudi Arabia than with America's safety," Graham wrote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nepa
09-07-2004, 10:42 AM
alright, I'll wait an hour to hear Rush's response.

Chris Alger
09-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Don't expect to see anyone give this much attention. In a sense, the phenomenon of the U.S. sacrificing national security and supporting tyranny in exchange for investment isn't even news. It would be like a poll showing that 80% of republicans would still support George Bush if he built death camps as long as he kept taxes down. When your only morality is money, it's what you'd expect.

The Saudis recylce nearly $700 billion in petrodollars to the west (60% to the U.S., and competition for it is fierce). In exchange, the west (especially the U.S.) supports Saudi tranny (no democratic instituions, no dissent, no political parties, arbitrary arrest and torture, zero religious freedom). Aside from providing fodder for right-wing diatribes about the evils of Islam and "the Arab world," there is no tolerated controversy here. No political party wants to change America's relationship with the Saudis and it isn't a fit subject for discussion in the mainstream media. Instead, we get comical rhetoric about America's commitment to human rights and democracy.