PDA

View Full Version : long time no hand..here is one: QT river pairs the board

flexus
09-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

River: (9 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9 BB, between MP2, Hero and UTG.</font>

I just figured that when that seven came at the river the were not that many hands worse than mine that would call a bet. Is my thinking here (or somewhere else in the hand for that matter) messed up?

(posting from that position in a very loose game is not very very bad, right?)

thanks for any comments

brettbrettr
09-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Looks good to me.

Wahoo91
09-06-2004, 03:28 PM
I just figured that when that seven came at the river the were not that many hands worse than mine that would call a bet. Is my thinking here (or somewhere else in the hand for that matter) messed up?

I would bet the river in this situation.

(posting from that position in a very loose game is not very very bad, right

Some will call you a maniac...

However, Ed himself has said that mathematically it makes almost no difference.

flexus
09-06-2004, 03:38 PM
I would bet the river in this situation.

Why would you? We have a situation where all the bets we make will only be profitable if someone calls with a weaker hand or folds a better hand (won't happen).

So, what hands that bet and called two bets on the flop and one on the turn that is worse than mine will call here?

The thing is, I am splitting with any queen and losing to any seven or ace.

Without the ace on the turn I would prolly bet hoping to get some calls from weaker queens.

Wahoo91
09-06-2004, 04:27 PM
We have a situation where all the bets we make will only be profitable if someone calls with a weaker hand or folds a better hand (won't happen).

Are you new to Party .50/1.00?

Both of these happen all the time. That is why a bet for value on the river is correct (and why Party is so profitable in the first place).

flexus
09-06-2004, 07:19 PM
I am not new to party poker and I have played in several games even looser than party at other sites.

What does everybody else think about this? Is that river really a value-bet oppurtunity?