PDA

View Full Version : Is there something terribly wrong with this hand?

DrSavage
09-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Should I be folding at some point?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, Button <font color="purple">(clown)</font> calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, Button <font color="purple">(clown)</font> calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, clown calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.20 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, clown calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (12.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">clown bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 15.20 BB, between BB, Hero and clown.</font>

naphand
09-06-2004, 01:56 PM
Nope.

Are you saying you fold the River bet, after you show weakness and 14BB in the pot?

Trix
09-06-2004, 02:40 PM
The only decision imo is whether to check-call or bet the river.

It will depend on how likely BB will call with A-high or how likely clown is to be induced to bet. Also how often clown will check-through with a worse hands that he would have called with.

MisterKing
09-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Looked ok to me... I assume clown caught his four to make a set?

tripdad
09-06-2004, 05:00 PM
i'm raising preflop 100% of the time here. that may have made the difference.

cheers!

DrSavage
09-06-2004, 08:27 PM
Both opponents had AQ and my hand was good. I never feel good about overcalling with middle pair but was quite sure that my hand would be good more often that required 1 in 14 times. I should probably be beting this river in the future to avoid putting myself in these situations. Raise preflop is definitely a strong option but also a matter of style.

Nemesis
09-07-2004, 12:05 AM
why not bet and then call a raise if the other opponent folds or fold if he calls.

Guido
09-07-2004, 10:56 AM
No, but I would probably raise preflop.

Guido

spydog
09-07-2004, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm raising preflop 100% of the time here. that may have made the difference.

cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Normally I would raise this if there had been only 1 caller, but after 2 callers I limp this to encourage other limpers. With a medium pair like this, I hate to have 4 people see the flop, especially for 2 bets.

I probably only raise 99+ in this spot and limp with anything less.

Guido
09-07-2004, 11:59 AM
When you can get it up against two players and you have a chance to buy the button I would raise this close to a 100% too.

Guido

spydog
09-07-2004, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When you can get it up against two players and you have a chance to buy the button I would raise this close to a 100% too.

Guido

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a raise is OK, but I think it is doubtful that both blinds (and the button) are going to fold. Maybe if I had tight reads on all that acted behind me, I might raise. I don't mind not having the button with a pair and 3 or more opponents (which I think you will have here), because I am looking for a set on the flop and having opponents on both sides of me in this situation can make for the juciest pots.