PDA

View Full Version : QQ with underpair and overcard on the flop

Kips Bay Kid
09-06-2004, 12:34 PM
I thought this was a very interesting hand, I might have played it too aggressively, advice? Btw downloaded Pokertracker, this product rocks!

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds. &lt;-- The underpair and overcard both scared me, too passive?

Turn: (6.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls. &lt;-- Is this ok being on the flush draw? only card that can beat me is an A if it hits or of course two clubs in which case I can still make a boat

River: (10.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls. &lt;-- I made the flush - was this the right action here?

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has Qc Qh (flush, king high).
Button has Ac 8c (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Button wins 14.25 BB. </font>

brettbrettr
09-06-2004, 12:39 PM
Bet the flop.

ThunderAces
09-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Definelty bet the flop here.
If he raises you on the flop here U must make a decision on continuing. Player dependent. If no info I usually fold here.
His hands range from a K, 2, flush draw and maybe a PP (less likely) your image is important too. So lets say he has a flush draw even as high as 50%(high est) you're gonna lose about 45% off the time he has a K or 2 and lose to a flush about another 17% of the time. With ace high flush draw lose another 6% off the time. So thats a total of 68% of the time you'll lose prob another 2 and a half BB when he misses flush draw maybe you make no more mony. Thats all on the hope half the time he has a flush draw. More like 30% flush draw.
Hope this helps.