PDA

View Full Version : Value bet with my 3rd pair?

rjc199
09-06-2004, 12:28 PM
BB in this hand is fishy. He calls down with any piece of the board. It dosn't look like he has a Q, a T is unlikely, so should I value bet the river?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds.

River: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6.50 BB, between Hero and BB.</font>

brettbrettr
09-06-2004, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I bet here. If the 10 had come on the flop I probably wouldn't. But if he'd only raise you with the Q I'd give it a shot.

ThunderAces
09-06-2004, 01:44 PM
First thing to address, must PFR with this hand in CO. Atleat try to buy button and elimate blinds. Hands like J2 T3 94 could be very bad for your hand.
Yes bet the river they pay off with any pair once they call the turn.

Wahoo91
09-06-2004, 03:17 PM
First thing to address, must PFR with this hand in CO. Atleat try to buy button and elimate blinds.

Sorry Thunder, but raising PF here is probably an error. You WANT the button, SB, and BB to come along so that one of them get a small piece of the flop and come along when hero hits a set.

88 is *generally* not a hand you want to move with unimproved. In this case, as everyone was clearly weak, moving with 88 is a good idea.

I would easily bet the river here for value.