PDA

View Full Version : another idea...

scalf
09-06-2004, 11:37 AM
/images/graemlins/blush.gif think of all the attention given storms/hurricanes to florida...now what about those planning retirement...ya think they might be looking elsewhere??

actually this is an onging trend; as fla is no bargain; especially when compared to competitors in ga, sc, miss, ala..

just a thought..

gl

/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

emp1346
09-17-2004, 06:25 AM
eh... my opinion is that it's still going to get a lot of retirees simply for the elderly's romanticized view of florida (except during these storms of course)...

secondly, although the competing states might have lower prices, they're still subject to hurricanes and tropical storms... maybe not as often as florida, but nevertheless...

i think retirement homes in florida are going to be ok, though... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GeorgeF
09-17-2004, 10:30 PM
I think you have it backwards. One of the attractions of FLA is the hurricanes. Hurricanes attract federal disaster money. Hurricanes are actually an asset to FLA not a liability. If there was a financial crises, the federal government might not be able to bail out FLA every few years, in that case FLA might have problems.