PDA

View Full Version : Terrible call?

Gazza
09-06-2004, 07:42 AM
I spend most of my time playing the 6 max games but also enjoy MTT's. I felt such a fish after the following play.

Party Quarter million last night. Just under 50 players left. I have a slightly less than average stack of around 20K. Blinds at 750-1500.

I bring it in for 4000 UTG with TT, folded round to BB who sticks his 25000 stack in the middle. He is quite new to the table but I have the impression he is quite loose from a hand he had just played (limped with QTo in EP). Somehow I convinced myself he had a lower pp and called. He has KK. I'm out.

That wasn't good, was it? Also not the first time I've gone out in similar situations with such hands,

Gazza

Solitare
09-06-2004, 12:09 PM
I admit that I am more a "play the cards" type than a "play the player" type, but isn't it dangerous to draw any conclusions on a player based on one hand?

For instance, it is possible that the player, who was new to the table, was advertising looseness with his QTo just so he could get action later on a premium hand like KK.

betgo
09-06-2004, 01:25 PM
TT is not a good hand to call such a big reraise with. Either you are slightly ahead or way behind. You got to figure on either higher pair or a semibluff with AK or AQ. If he is loose, he could be stealing with anything, but you are more likley to be up against two overcards than a lower pair.